Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Dinner From Hell

“I’m not wearing heels Levy,” I argued while he held up the death traps. I wanted to wear my comfy, yet overused black flats, but Levy said that was a no-no for dinners in the Taylor household.

“You have to, Charlie,” he sighed.

“But I never wear heels and I’ll probably fall in then and then made a bigger fool of myself…” Levy’s huge hand cut me off.

“Didn’t we already go over this? I’ll never let you fall,” he said with a coy smile.

I finally gave in with a huff and replied, “Fine, hand them over.”

“Thanks, tiger!” he exclaimed before running to grab his tie. Soon, we were walking back down that huge winding staircase, I latched onto Levy.

“Oh, good we were just about to call you down,” his mother said sweetly.

So maybe she wasn’t so bad.

“Let’s finish up introductions before we get to dinner, Victoria, Mike,” Barbara called.

A statuesque female came forward with elegant blonde hair and vibrant green eyes followed by an extremely tall guy with similar blonde hair and blue eyes.

“Hello, my name’s Mike,” the tall dude said. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Charlotte.”
He stuck out his hand and I shook it.

I muttered a quiet, “You can call me Charlie.” Levy the whole time was rubbing circles on my back, which helped calm my nerves a little.

“I’m Victoria,” the blonde girl sneered not even offering her hand like I’d give her some kind of disease.

“Now, that that’s all settled, let’s eat,” said Michael, Levy’s father, sounding more down to earth than he did when I first met him.

The table was set for eight people, Michael and Barbara took the ends. I sat in between Ollie and Levy and I was across from Maggie who was between Mike and Victoria.

I wasn’t sure what to do, no one was talking and then I guess their ‘servants’ brought out the food. I quickly turned to Levy in a panic.

“What am I supposed to do,” I whispered frantically, luckily no one else heard it over the clatter of plates.

“Just don’t put your elbows on the table, speak only if someone asks you a question and work your way from the outside in with the silverware,” he muttered in my ear before sitting back up right.

I did as he said and everything seemed to be going perfectly. I hadn’t made any mistakes, despite the nerves…well until Victoria decided it was time to question me.

“So, Charlotte, Levy’s said you’re a nurse?” she asked with false kindness.

I quickly snuck a glance at Levy and he gave me a reassuring smile. “Uhh, yeah I am. I work in the maternity ward as a nursery nurse.”

“Oh, you work with babies!” exclaimed Maggie looking ecstatic. I nodded my head and she went on. “I love babies so much!”

Levy chuckled a little and then said, “Babies of all kind.”

“Yeah, I really want to be a Veterinarian,” she said excitedly.

“What? When did you decide this?” asked Barbara.

“A while ago, Mommy. You all know how much I love animals,” she uttered.

“I thought you were going to become an interior designer like your mother,” Michael said, although he didn’t seem to mind much.

“I’m no good at that and anyway I think it’s kind of boring,” Maggie said quietly.

“What! So now another Taylor is taking a career away from the limelight. What’s happening to this family!” exclaimed Victoria while glaring at me.

What in the hell did I do?

“Victoria, you’re being ridiculous,” Levy said with hidden anger.

“No, I’m not. You were supposed to join dad and Mike. You were supposed to be a lawyer and so was Oliver. As Maggie was supposed to follow mom’s path,” she explained condescendingly.

“Why? So, you’d be the only one with a different career? So, you could show off like always!” Ollie yelled.

“No, of course not, Oliver. It just looks bad that not all of our family has stayed on the typical Taylor path. Mine abides, a fashion designer is very similar to an interior designer,” she argued.

“I’ve never heard of you,” I whispered quietly, not meaning for it to really come out. Levy, Maggie and Ollie all laughed a little.

“Well, no duh. My clothing isn’t sold at the 99 cent store for people like you,” she scoffed.

“Whoa there, Victoria. That’s going too far,” Levy fumed.

“What it’s the truth,” she said in fake innocence. “Is this some charity case Levy. Did you feel bad for the girl, because you’re obviously not with her for her looks,” she sneered.

“Excuse me?” Ollie said murderously. “You’re just jealous Levy found someone as amazing as Charlie.”

“Amazing, ha!” Victoria mocked. “I could never be jealous of this homely looking, dirt poor, street urchin.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t be here anymore,” I whispered before pushing my chair out and walking out of the dining room. I didn’t miss the victorious smile Victoria wore while I was leaving, though.

“What is f*cking wrong with you,” I heard Levy roar as I ran up the winding staircase, after taking off my shoes. Tears were streaming down my face.

She’s right…Levy probably is doing this all as charity…I’m not pretty or worth the time of a guy like him. Steph’s right too, I’ll end up going back to Greg. I’m only worthy of a lying, cheating b*stard.

I laid face down on the huge bed, crying.

This is so unlike me, I don’t cry. Just suck it up, Charlie.

I wiped the tears and sat up with my dress fanning out around me. A gentle knock came from the door.

“Go away! I’m packing,” I yelled hoping I’d locked the door.

Damn it! I need to remember to lock things

Maggie’s head popped in and before long she was sitting next to me on the bed. “You know Ollie’s right. She’s only jealous of you,” she said quietly.

“What does she have to be jealous of? She’s gorgeous and rich, I’m just Charlie,” I wailed.

“That’s not true. You’re not just Charlie; you’re Charlie Morgan the feisty, stubborn girl that got my brother to stop sleeping around and being a manwhore. You’re beautiful inside and out with the coolest sense of style and the kindest smile. Alright now that I’m rhyming, I think I should stop,” she explained with a sweet smile on her face and ending with a chuckle.

I laughed with her and grabbed a tissue from the side of the bed, trying to clean off all the tears. “Thanks, Maggie.”

“Anytime, Charlie,” she said while pulling me in for a hug. Just then Levy walked into the room, looking disheveled.

“And I really hope you do go through with becoming a Vet. I bet you’d be great at it,” I said. She smiled brightly and with a quick ‘thanks’ she was out the door, leaving just Levy and me.

“Are you still planning on leaving now?” he asked wearily.

“I don’t know Levy,” I said exhausted.

“Well, if it’s any consolation before you go. Ollie’s still down there telling off Victoria for what she said about you,” he clarified.

“Ah, Ollie. He’s the best,” I mused with a laugh.

“Yeah, he’s a good kid,” Levy said as he sat next to me on the bed. “I really don’t want you to leave, Charlie.”

“Why does your sister hate me?” I questioned.

“She doesn’t hate you, she just hates that everyone isn’t like her. She expected everyone in the family to become like a doctor or a lawyer or a surgeon. And then we’d marry someone equally wealthy with the same status. But the only one who did that other then her was Mike and then mom and dad, of course,” Levy explained.

“Oh, okay,” I said. “She’s still really mean, you know?”

“Yeah, I know, but you don’t have to talk to her again for a while. Tomorrow her fiancé will be here and then Saturday is the party. Then Sunday we’re leaving, okay?”

“Alright, but do we have to go back down there now?” I questioned frightfully.

“Nope,” Levy answered popping the ‘p’. “Now we can go to bed.”

“Good,” I said while taking pillows and stacking them down the middle.

“What are you doing, tiger?” Levy questioned while chuckling.

“This is your side of the bed,” I pointed to the left side. “And this is my side of the bed,” I said while pointing to the right side of the bed.

“You know we’ve slept in a bed together before,” he said with a smirk and a wink.

“Yes, I know and that’s why there is a wall between us,” I said before going into the bathroom to change into pjs.

“Not even a wall could stop me, tiger!” Levy taunted through the other side of the door.

“Well, if the wall fails you’ll get to know what it’s like to live with five brothers who like to wrestle and don’t give a crap that you’re a girl.” It was quiet after that.

“The wall will work just fine,” Levy called, causing me to break out into peels of laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Snow Day equals Another Chapter!! Hope you enjoyed it.

Here's a link to Charlie's outfit!!

Subscribe and Comment Pretty Please!!!