Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Single And Unwilling To Mingle

“This is your fault Nova,” I screamed at him when I had gotten back to the apartment.

“Ow, ow!! Somebody got it on last night,” he shouted back. “My baby doll’s all grown up now,” he said, while drying his fake tears.

“I could have gotten murdered for all you knew! Where were you all night?” I questioned angrily.

“I was dancing with this really hot redhead, then this mysterious brunette, then an uber adorable blonde and then a few others,” he said. I gave him a disapproving look, to which he just stuck his tongue out. “Don’t worry Charles, I was watching you too. You were macking on some immensely hot guy. Then you two left, so I assumed you’d be back in the morning.”

“Yeah, whatever. Where’s Steph?” I asked, trying to desperately change the subject from scrumptious Levy to something of greater importance.

“She texted me a while ago, saying she was spending the day with Allen. He was the cutie she danced with at the club,” he said dreamily.

“You irk me,” I said and left to take a shower. I got changed into some jeans and a sweatshirt. It was surprisingly cold in New York for September.

“Baby doll let me make it up to you. We’ll go get some chai tea and delicious muffins at this bakery I just found. And guess what!! It’s conveniently located on out walk to the hospital!” Nova cheered.

“This better be good tea,” I muttered. We walked along the sidewalk in the brisk weather. For a Sunday, there were an awful lot of people out. But I guess that’s just New York.

We made it to the cute little shop in no time and entered quickly to get out of the cold. There weren’t many people in the bakery, but the line had a couple of people in it. We got in line and were soon at the front. Nova ordered two chai lattes and two blueberry muffins.

“Lee, we need more blueberry muffins,” yelled the cashier. I assume he was yelling at the baker. A tall man with very familiar hair came out with his back toward us. He was carrying a large tray of muffins and cookies that he placed down on the counter. He looked up and I almost dropped dead. It was MYSTERY MAN!!

“So who needed…tiger?” he questioned with that smirk that I had come to know sliding onto his face. “Well, well, well, looks like you couldn’t resist me,” he said while chuckling.

“Haha, yeah I’m a sucker for a drunken hobo,” I said bitterly.

“Hobo? That’s a little harsh, don’t you think tiger?” he inquired, never once losing that smirk.

“Charlie, you know this guy,” questioned Nova.

“Oh, you have a boyfriend? So that’s why you ran away so fast this morning, it all makes sense now,” he said.

“Dude, this is the feisty one you were talking about?” asked the cashier.

“Yeah I know him. He’s the guy you let me leave with,” I said to Nova. His mouth went into an o shape and then he smiled coyly.

“So, tiger, if your boyfriend doesn't mind there’s an even better club that just opened up down the street from here. Maybe we should hit it up later?” Mystery Man asked me.

Stupid persistent jerk!

“Thanks for the muffin, but I don’t club hop with hobo’s,” I said and then grabbed the muffin and left the bakery.

Nova came rushing out after me carrying both drinks and had his muffin in his mouth. I took my drink out of his hand and began to sip it. “What the hell Charlie? That guy was like a god and you just turned him down,” he said completely flabbergasted.

“I think I want to be single for a while,” I said thoughtfully.

“You’re a crazy one baby doll,” Nova said while chuckling and eating his blueberry muffin.

"Yeah, I've been told that before," I replied. We laughed, drank and ate our whole way back to the apartment. Where we got all the stuff we would need for work tomorrow ready.

Yay work! Not. Hopefully it will be enjoyable or at least bearable. We shall see.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I am most definitely going to continue this story thanks to SorryNow!! This chapter is for you!!

Here's a link to Nova's and Charlie's outfits...

Please comment and subscribe!!