Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Elerna

Frank stretched out his hand, trying to shake with Rayne's dad. But he just glared at him. “I can't touch your hand, you are touching my daughter as if she's a Barbie. Well, let me tell you this, she's not a doll. I'm not even sure why she didn't tell us.” I wanted to laugh at that seriously, I did. But I knew it wasn't the right moment to laugh at. Maybe I could laugh later. Although, it probably won't be as funny later. Rayne looked kind of annoyed.

“I'm sorry. It's just, I was spending so much time with Elerna, Mikey, and Frank that I forgot to tell you. But, aren't you happy that I'm happy?” I watched as her mother smiled at her. This was like the first ever time that Rayne had ever needed to have a talk like this with her parents. “I am, but, your father is very old fashioned. He might not approve. Roy, come on, don't you like how your daughter is happy?” Come to think of it, he was a bit old fashioned. Rayne's father just sighed.

“Fine, I understand how you didn't tell us, but next time you find somebody can't you tell us?” A next time? Really? I hope not. Rayne squealed and hugged her parents. I heard her whisper something but I weren't sure because my phone went off. I pulled it from my pocket, a smile on my face. Even though it was from my mum, it didn't wipe the smile from my face. Until I read it.

I felt anger build up in me and I quickly snapped my phone shut. I turned on my heel and ran down the stairs. I walked out the back door and slammed the door shut. I shouldn't be taking it out on Rayne parent's house, but I couldn't help it. I opened my phone again and put in her number. She picked up on the first ring.

“Elerna George! You are in so much trouble when I next see you.” I rolled my eyes, yeah like she hasn't said that before. “Yeah, sure.” I heard her growl down the phone. “Is that sarcasm I hear? I am serious Elerna! I'm coming to pick you up right now! I'm on Carmel Street.” My eyes widened. What? How could she do that? “You can't do that!” “I can and I will. And you are not going to ever visit your friend again. She's too much of a bad influence on you.”

I was angry, so angry. This just wasn't fair. “You can't stop me! I'm going to live with dad!” She snort down the phone. I heard some noise in the back ground and then my mum snap at Joey, my little sister. Has she brought the whole family? “No you're not! You are not going to live with your father.” “I am. He has legal rights over me. And anyway it's better then living with you!” I snapped my phone shut before groaning in frustration. That was a total lie that I told my mum. But I didn't care.

I threw my phone against the side of the house, watching it break into tiny pieces. Stupid brick. I stormed back in the house and saw Rayne's mother standing in the kitchen. She looked towards me as I came in. “Elerna, what was that smashing noise?” “I broke something of mine. But it doesn't matter, not like I need it any way.” She just nodded and I made my way upstairs. I sighed and brushed back my hair with my hand. Stupid mum.

I knocked on Rayne's now closed door and Frank opened it for me. I just walked straight in and towards Rayne. I really didn't want to tell her this. “Rayne, um... I have to go home now.” She jumped at me, kind of shocking me. “No, you can't. You're supposed to stay here for another week! Why?” Now, do I lie or tell the truth? If I lie, she'll think it's the truth. And if I tell the truth, she'll think it's the truth, which is it. I just sighed.

“My mum wants me home. It's... she's mad at me.” Home, huh. Doesn't feel much like a home. Although it used to. Rayne sighed. “You didn't tell her, did you?” I shook my head, I never do. “Elerna, you have to tell her. You know that. This is the 4th time you haven't told her.” Of course I knew I had to tell her, that's why I didn't tell her. But even if I did tell her, she would never remember me telling her.

“She's almost here, she told me she was coming yesterday, but I didn't believe her, and now she's almost here.” I was nervous, but mostly really angry. “Don't you want to stay here? Tell her to go back home. You've told her to do that before.” I sighed and shook my head. Rayne is so naïve.

“I lied about that. It's just, those times were just threats. She even said the name of the street she was on. God, I'm sorry, Rayne. You're going to meet my mum.” She smiled at me and nodded. “That's good, right?” I just stared at Rayne. She doesn't get it, does she? I sighed. Might as well get it out in the open. “My mum is a drinker, she drinks so she forgets things. My dad is a drug addict, and he beats me. What do you think?” She gasped. I had to resist rolling my eyes. But seriously, does she get it now? I mean, I get away whenever I can. Even though I'm leaving the rest of my brothers and sisters to my parents, I'm away.

“Is that she you come here almost every week?” Bravo Rayne, bravo. I just simply nodded. No point lying now, not when she knows it all, near enough. “Elerna, I'm so sorry.” She wrapped her arms around me and I just let her hug me. A moment later I felt other arms around us both. Probably Frank and Mikey. I think that this time was the longest they had ever been quiet. And they had heard it all. Dammit.

When we pulled away, I looked at Rayne again. “Are you happy now? That I've told you about my family, the one that you've never met. Do you now understand why you've never met them. Because they, my mum, hates you. She's even trying to ban me from seeing you. Do you understand, now?” Rayne nodded, I think finally getting it. Thank god. I looked towards Mikey and he was just looking at me, sorrowfully. I just shook my head.

There was a heavy knock at the front door and I froze. God no. Rayne widened her eyes. “Rayne,
when you meet my mum, don't talk to her. Please.” She nodded. There was noise downstairs then Rayne's mum called up. “Elerna? Your mum's here for you.” I just sighed. A minute later she called up to me. “Elerna George, get your arse down here, right now!” I watched as Mikey scowled at that.

“Yeah, you should know, my mum defines the word bitch.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yeah! We have a comment!! Hope your now happy about that Caity!! XLD>
Carry on from here, my dear friend!!
Is this interesting enough?