Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Rayne

It was about midnight when I went to sit out on the front porch. It's past curfew, but who cares? Not me. It's something that makes me remember Elerna. Also the fact that Mikey has grown a little softer with Geekie around.

"What am I gonna do Geekie?" I asked my dog. He had actually gotten calmer since Elerna left, and I'm not sure why. It's not like anything bad is going to happen. Maybe.

Geekie just whined like any normal dog, and stayed quiet as any normal dog. Was I normal? Was I like any normal human? No. I'm not not either of them.

"Hey, Rayne, I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you in the morning." Mikey told me, patting my shoulder. I nodded my head, and kept staring into the rain. Mikey sighed, and walked upstairs to Elerna's room. He and Mikey stay at my house during the weekend. They've actually decided to cancel their planned tour (don't worry, they didn't tell their fans).

After a few more quiet moments, Frank walked out into the rain, and sat next to me. I was soaked. My shirt was actually clinging to my body, and made a sucking noise if I lifted it off my skin.

"Rayne, you're going to get sick. Come inside." Frank begged, but I ignored him.

"Elerna and I met on these steps. She took a school trip to a church that was across from my house, until it burned down." I sighed. "She was saying cuss words, the teachers took her out, left her alone, and she walked over by me. I was a lonely child, staying on the outskirts of town."

"What are you talking about?" Frank asked, and I shrugged.

"There are a lot of memories here, Frank. I'm trying to remember them all. Stay here for a second." I stood up, went to the house, and pulled some of the siding away. Inside, was a box. The box had photos of Elerna and I spending time together.

"What is it?" He begged, and I smiled. "This is my picture box. Elerna and I would take pictures, print them off, and put them in here." I picked the first one out, and it was a picture of Elerna and I when we were at the beach, climbing some rocks up to the lighthouse. It was called Elerna & I At The Beach

"Is that Elerna?" He asked, pointing to the girl with the pony tail. "And is that you?" Pointing to the girl darker hair flying wildly around her.

"Yea. This is a time when Elerna and I went to the lighthouse. She had actually persuaded me to climb the rocks instead of taking the trail. I almost broke my ankle though." I laughed at the thought.

"Wow, this box is filled to the top." Frank muttered, and I smiled.

"Here's another one." I pulled out the closest one to the top. "It's our silhouettes. We were walking down a path towards my house, and Avon decided to take a picture of us. I'm on the left, she's on the right."

The picture was gorgeous, and Elerna had laughed when I named it. Silhouette Besties. It sprung more memories to pop up.

"I'm getting tired, so one more. Alright, Frank?" I asked, and he nodded. "This one was interesting. We were just really bored, and it was halloween. So Avon told us to make a scary face, but of course we did the same face. We didn't even realize it until we actually did it, I've called this Boo Faces. Actually, this is the only time we cried at the same time. Her grandfather, apparently he had treated her and her siblings like actually people, had died. She still misses him, I know that."

"I didn't know that."

"You don't know a lot of things about Elerna." I stood up. "I'm going to check my email then go to bed. You want to come upstairs with me?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Sure. I didn't know you had an email."

"Yea, I got one a few years ago, I just don't go on it when Elerna's around because I want to enjoy the time she's with me. I've given her my email, she has it in her rucksack last time she visited because I had gone on my email once while she was around." I shrugged.

"Do you think she'll email you?"

"Her mom probably won't let her. I'm not sure though, she could always sneak on." I turned on my email, and looked at Frank while it finished loading.

"You have a new message? Who's it from?" He asked, and I gave him a questioning look.

"I've only got one other friend in this town, and she only emails me ever three days. She emailed me last night. Wha-" I looked at the name of the person who sent it, and nearly fainted.

Elerna.

"Frank... Frank... FRANK!" I screamed, and wrapped my arms around him after jumping out of the chair. He grabbed me, and tightened his grip around my waist.

"What?"

"It's Elerna!" I nearly screamed in his ear, he pushed me towards the computer. "Read it then."

"It says... Rayne, I've run away from home. Actually, I'm not sure where I'm going. I just know that I have to take Sky and Joey and Chris, some belongings, and money. After a while, I'll come to your house with my siblings, but not now. My mom might go to your house first before she tries looking anywhere else. I just really hope that she doesn't find us. Then we're seriously dead. I'm emailing you from a diner. They've got plenty of computers for people to use, and I found your email when I was grabbing my money to buy my siblings and I some water.

"I would really appreciate it if you emailed me back to tell me if it's safe to come to your house to stay. But you have to wait until my mom comes to your house. She'll search everywhere in your house before she believes that I'm not there. Please try to help us. We can't stay on the road forever.

"It would also help if you had a hiding place in case my mom comes back to your house if we stay there for the rest of our lives. I know this is a lot too ask, and I know this isn't something I would do ever, but I need your help. Please?"


"Elerna." Frank ended, and I sighed.

"I've got to help her. She said it herself, she can't keep running away forever. That money she has, it won't last so long. Frank, I'm helping her." I told him, and he smiled.

"And I'm not stopping you. Come on, let's get to bed." I quickly dressed into my pajamas (Frank turned around), and crawled under the covers. Frank did the same, except he wore only boxers.

"I love you, Frank."

"I love you, Rayne."
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I thought that Elerna and Rayne had to have SOME kind of communication.
Can't just separate them forever (where would the plot go?)!
Anyway... comments?
KAYLEIGH! It's your turn!
And this is a re-write of chapter 25, because the original 25 deleted itself.