Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Elerna

It's been two weeks since I last messaged Rayne. That was right before we arrived in London. And I haven't been bothered checking whether she has replied or not. Because I've only been worried for Sky and Joey. Chris looks after himself, and he worries more for Joey. Just like I worry more for Sky. Girls stick together, and the boys stick together. It always had been like this.

Our first night here was rough, Joey didn't like it and it was raining heavily. But that's England for you. But we met with this girl, her name is Casey, she's seventeen and ran away two years ago. Never been found, and she's still alive.

She's helping us, which I'm thankful for. She showed us this homeless shelter, which we stay in. Huddled together every night. She knows place where we get food. Even though we have some money left. I had given her some money, as a thanks for helping us. She thanked me and brought a blanket. I didn't care.

It's gotten pretty easy being homeless, I got into the routine within the first week. Sky followed. Chris got into in on our third night. Joey took longer, but he's now into it.

We don't stay around each other every minute, but we go off in pairs. Either Joey and Chris, or Joey and me. We don't let Joey go with Sky, and she understands. It's because we maked a promise to him, and we're going to stick to it. Sky just mostly hangs around with me and Casey. We're nearly the same age, so we talk about roughly the same things.

It's pretty great having someone around, that's around my age. Although it reminds me of how much I do miss Rayne. And Mikey. And Avon. And dare I say it, Frank. Even though he just always pissed me off. I do miss them all.

I don't know whether my mum has done anything, but so far we've heard nothing. We know nothing of anyone looking for us. So I don't really think she has. I'm hoping, anyway.

Right now, Chris and Joey were eating, it's midday. I hadn't eaten today, I wasn't hungry. Sky had eaten earlier, because she missed breakfast she had brunch. Casey was eating next to me whilst we were talking.

“Social sometimes snoops around these parts, looking for people like us. But it's okay, people always warn us. We're safe.” I nodded, blowing my bangs from my face. My eyes scanned the place, probably because she had just said we're safe. I always do that, to see whether we are safe.

Casey stared at me. “I've always loved red hair, it's so bright and vibrant. But it's really better when that person has the red-head temper.” I laughed lightly, has she ever experienced someone with a red-head temper that has used it? I don't know. “Yeah? Well, I have that temper. It bugs the crap out of everyone, and everyone scoots around me when it's flared. Well, except Rayne. And Mikey. They were the only two who didn't.”

I had told her about what had happened, and about Mikey. She was close, like a best friend but if she was my best friend, she wouldn't top Rayne. No way. She just nodded, throwing some sympathy in her eyes at me. “It must have been hard, running from your home with your brothers and sisters. I mean, you're the oldest. You have to be responsible. You dropped you friendship for them, putting it on hold just for them. I'm glad I was only an only child.”

“Yeah, but I couldn't stay in that house. But I also couldn't leave them in that house. Rayne knows that she's like a sister to me, but my actual blood sisters and brothers come first. Which is why I had to put it on hold.” She just nodded, offering me some chips. I took one that was dosed in salt and vinegar. I love them like that. “I bet your looking forward to being eighteen, because then you can actual go around freely without worrying for their sake. 'Cause you can keep them, can't you? I've heard somewhere that you can adopt your siblings, I think. When you an adult, so they stay from care and stuff.”

I just nodded, nicking another one of her dosed chips. The only time I hate chips dosed in salt and vinegar is when I have chewed my lips so hard, there's a cut on them. Because it stings like hell then.

There was some commotion down the street, and people came running towards us. They were the other runaway teenagers. One came straight up to me and Casey. She looked panicked. “Socials here! They just caught Eddie.” I had no clue who Eddie was, but as soon as that girl said that I was up and following Casey.

We found Sky, who was standing there looking confused. I just grabbed her arm and she ran with us. If we got to the shelter, we would be okay. Social can't come in there. We're safe in there.

We got there about five minutes later, where nearly every teenager that was a runaway in this area was. I shoved Sky in and we looked around for Joey and Chris. I ignored everyone talking about how they hated the Social and everything. I think we all did, because they just wanted to take us back to our houses. Or give us to a foster home, which I think would be better then going back to our house, but none the less be bad.

I was about to panic badly and run outside, because Joey and Chris were here, when Sky came running up to me with Joey clinging onto her. My eyes widened and hugged him.

“They took him Elerna. They took Chris. What are we going to do?”

I knew what he would do, run away again. But first, I think we need to move from London. We need a new place to hide.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love writing this, even though this was late.
Cause my laptop decided to be awkward and keep freezing on me.
Hope you enjoy.