Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Elerna

“I still don't like her. I don't see why I have to like her.”

I just rolled my eyes at my brother. Yeah, I think we got the point. I think we all got the point. The amount of times he has said it. But that's Chris for you.

“Hey, no one said you had to like her. You just have to put up with her, like she is with us.” Chris scowled before continuing to push the cat away that was trying to nuzzle his face.

“But we never asked for her to put up with us. She offered. We just accepted to shut the other two up.”

“Hey!”

I just sighed as Sky got defensive about what Chris said. Joey was just leaning against me, worn out but awake. It was late, well late enough for everyone else to say goodnight to us. And leave us be, in the basement. But sleep was far from any of our eyes, although Joey looked absolutely knackered.

“It's not my fault that for the whole thirteen years of my life, I've never had an actual home I could call my own. So sorry that I for once, wanted one.”

Chris just rolled his eyes, pushing the cat away from his face, again. We were all in a pissy mood, I mean really who wouldn't be. Mother being murdered, and now in the house she was murdered in. Brings such a happy mood, you think? Nope, no such luck. Just pissy moods.

“Hey, I've had it for fifteen years. And I was content with never having one. But no, you wanted one. Why is that Sky? Did you not want to just be with your family? Do you hate us or something?”

Sky just scoffed, rolling her eyes. I was getting aggravated, my fists closing together. I know it's intense and stressful, but did they seriously have to be at each other's throats?

“Why, you think that Chris? I couldn't hate you, you're my family. But, I want to feel safe. Hell, I should have been safe in our house. I should of went to school, this year I should have been choosing my GCSE's. But instead I ran away with my sister and brothers, my mother got killed, and now we're living in the basement of the girl who killed her!”

“Big deal! I should be in my last year, then heading to college. But you know what, I have no education. None of us do, not just you Sky!”

I just couldn't take it anymore. I shot up, angry.

“Both of you, just shut up! Yeah thirteen years is long, yes fifteen years is longer. And sixteen years beats both of them. But you know, it does not matter! You wanna go to school Sky? Go to bloody school. You wanna go Chris? Flipping well go then! I don't care anymore. I've got nothing to care about anymore. Because nothing in my life is of value anymore. Sure, I have you guys. But you won't be around forever. You're going to go your separate ways, we all are. No matter what our age. So just shut up.”

They both looked at me, shocked. Sure, I have an anger issue, who could be surprised. But this was the angriest I have gotten, and honestly it did scare me too. But I suppose, being angry is better then being bitter your whole life?

There was silences for a few minutes, all of us just sitting on separate seats. Even Joey was.

There was some noise from upstairs, telling us that someone was up. A moment later the door creaked open and someone came down the stairs, half way. It was Rayne, she looked hesitant.

“Is everything okay down here? I heard yelling...”

Chris just huffed, pushing the cat away from him. Yet again. “Yes, we're perfectly fine

She nodded, and her eyes came over to me. I could feel that she wanted to talk to me, like before all this happened. But I couldn't do that yet. Not yet.

Even though I still think of her as a friend, I still cannot forgive her. Like if Chris were to kill our father, he would still be my brother, and I would still love him, but I could never forgive him straight away.

I just looked away from her eyes. She sighed and I heard the footsteps go back. They walked across the ceiling and then gone. She's probably going up back to her room.

I got up from the seat, and went over to the stairs. “Where you going Elerna?”

“I need some air. Away from you two.”

“Can I come?”

I looked back to see Joey looking at me expectantly. I nodded and he came bounding over to me. We both walked up the stairs, and out into the back garden. The air was cold, but I couldn't care less. We both sat down on the steps, under Rayne's window. Joey lent against me, and I put my arm around him.

“You don't deserve any of this Joey. None. And one day, I'll take you away from it all. Chris doesn't care. Sky just blames everyone else. But it's none of our fault. Just our mother and father's fault.”

“Why does all the arguing happen, though? Aren't they happy Elerna?”

I sighed, closing my eyes. Joey knows nothing of the abuse. Because I take all of his. I couldn't protect Chris, he done himself. Sky refuses to let us help her, because she's hardly around to take it. But when she is, she doesn't let us help her.

But I could help Joey. All he knows is the arguing. And the neglect. Nothing else.

It was why I looked away when Frank showed his bruises. Not because they were bad, because they were. It was because it reminded me so much of my body. Except mine is worse.

“I don't know Joey. But one day I will take you away from all this. Just you and me.”

“What about the others?”

“They don't want to come. They want to be on their own.”

It wasn't much of a lie, because they wouldn't. They want to be on their own. So let them be on their own.

“Okay Elerna. Can I sleep now?”

I nodded, and he laid down, head resting on my lap. I sat up against the side of the house. I let Joey sleep, as I stayed awake. There was no way I could sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaya, another update!!
We're going through this fastt!!
Your turn Caity!