Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Rayne

I had been sleeping soundly when I heard screaming, it was muffled by the floor, but it was getting louder. Soon my parents, most likely my dad, would wake up and kick whoever was fighting in the basement. Being responsible, I jumped out of my bed, and ran downstairs. The noise getting louder.

"Is everything okay down here? I heard yelling..."

"Yes, we're perfectly fine." Chris pushed Mush, their new cat, away from his face. Maybe he had done that a lot more, because he spit out cat hair after saying that.

I looked at Elerna, pleading for her to talk to me. I just wanted to know if she was OK with staying here, if she was happy that her siblings were safe from running and Social. I knew we were still friends, it's just that she was still upset. Elerna didn't budge to follow me, she just stared back.

I sighed, and walked back upstairs to my room. Frank was sitting up, and yawned as I walked in.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and I sat in his lap.

"They were yelling about something. I was going to talk to Elerna about what happened, but she didn't feel like it. What should I do, Frank? Did I do the wrong thing?" I begged, staring into his hazel eyes, and he shrugged.

"I know that you did the right thing. Don't worry." Frank kissed my shoulder.

"But what does it mean? Why won't she talk to me?" I nearly screamed.

"It doesn't need to mean anything, you wanted to do something right after doing something wrong. And plus, she'll talk to you soon. Don't worry, it's late. That's why she didn't want to talk tonight." Instead of listening, I stood up from Frank's lap, and threw a lamp at the wall, making it shatter.

"That's what my heart feels like right now, Frank. I know I have you, but I've always had Elerna to talk to me. And that pain, it hurts. It's making my heart break. The feeling of guilt of something I didn't mean to do."

"Rayne, just relax," Frank whispered standing up.

"No! You relax! I've tried everything to get my best friend to like me again, and she doesn't even want to try! Her family hates me! It feels like I should just die, because I don't really have anything anymore!" I stopped screaming at him, and turned away from him. "Only you."

We went silent, and I sighed. I've never screamed at Frank, and this was a first.

"You'd kill yourself just to see if Elerna would actually miss you? If Mikey would miss you? If Elerna's siblings would miss you? If your parents would miss you?" He stopped. "To see if I would miss you?"

"I know you would, Mikey would too, we're getting closer." I shook my head, "but not the others. They'd rather see me dead. I know that, I see it in their eyes."

"Stop saying that, Rayne!" Frank screamed back, and there was a slam of a door, and then somebody turned on the light to my room. At first it looked like there was one person, my mother, then there was my father, and Mikey, and Elerna, and then the other kids. Geeky even seemed to be curious about the commotion.

"What's going on? I've listened to you scream for the past few minutes, all about killing and people not missing you." My father huffed.

"Nothing, father. Go back to bed." I turned away from the door, and Mikey sighed.

"I want to know the truth, why were you both fighting? You never fight." Mikey asked, and Frank answered his question.

"Nothing! She's just upset about something." Mikey put up his hands in surrender, and went to his room, Elerna's old room.

"Well stop the bickering. We're trying to sleep." My mother pointed out, and left. Chris, Sky, and Joey also left. The last ones at the door were Elerna and Geeky. Geeky walked away because of the tension.

"What's the real reason you were fighting?" Elerna asked, and I shrugged.

"It's nothing. You wouldn't really care anyways. Just go back to sleep, since you know, you and your siblings now hate me even after I told you guys about how I really had no choice, because she could have killed Frank." I closed the door, trying to slam it, but Elerna stopped it.

"What does that mean?"

"You know what I mean. I told you why I killed your mom, I told you it was an accident, but you still won't believe me, talk to me, or forgive me for protecting myself. When was the last time you talked to Mikey, Frank, or me without getting mad or in a fight?" I asked, my voice rising.

"I'm not sure, because every time I try to talk to you guys we end up fighting anyways. Why aren't they leaving, Rayne? When are they leaving? I want to know, because I can't stay in this house, this is the house where my mom was killed, where the killer lives, and my siblings and I don't think we're safe here. When are they leaving? When are you going to be able to trust?"

"Frank and Mikey aren't leaving, the tour plans didn't work out. Plus Gerard's wife, Lyn-Z, had a baby so they can't go anywhere for a while. That was the only time Mikey and Frank had left. They left for one week, and were back after that. They wanted to see you, Elerna. I've wanted to see you. But not if we're going to fight." I stopped for a second. "You know what, I let you stay in this house because I wanted you and your siblings safe. I'm not going to hurt you, and you know that. You... you used to know me well enough to know that I can't stand to see people, or animals, die in front of my eyes. You used to know me."

"You didn't answer my other question, though. Why aren't Frank and Mikey leaving?" She asked, ignoring my outburst.

"Because Frank cares about me, and Mikey wanted to see you again before he leaves. Did you hear that through your thick skull, Elerna? He's leaving! Mikey knew that you didn't like him, that's why he's leaving tomorrow. But of course, you don't care. You don't care about Frank. You don't even care about me anymore. And I understand that you have to care for your brothers and sister, but you can at least talk to me. You don't need to ignore me." I pushed her into the hall. "Now go away. You don't care."

Then I slammed the door in her face, walked over to Frank, and sobbed.

"She doesn't care, so why should I?" I asked, and Frank rubbed my back. The door opened a small bit, and I didn't care. If Elerna saw this, fine.

~Next Day, 10:10am, Mikey At Airport (5 Mins. From Rayne's House)~

I had given Mikey a hug before he and Frank went to the airport. This would be one of the last times Frank would see Mikey here in Ireland before he left for New Jersey in 3 days. Then I wouldn't have anybody. And I had a plan for that day, the letter was already written.

"You be good, Mikey. I'm going to miss you." I told him, and he laughed.

"Me, too. You're really funny, you know that?" Mikey asked, and I just laughed. "Is... is she going to say goodbye?"

I frowned at the last part, and shook my head. Mikey nodded, and walked off the porch with Frank behind him.


I sighed at what happened only 10 minutes ago. The airport was five minutes away, if you ran, and the plane didn't leave until 10:30. It was 10:10. And while I sat on the front porch, Elerna ran out of the house, and stared at me.

"Where's Michael?" She asked, all I did was look at her.

"I told you last night, he's leaving. And he left."

"Where's Franklin?" She asked, and I sighed.

"Dropping Mikey off, and stop calling them that."

"Why?! I wanted to say goodbye to him, but he left." She sighed.

"You had your chance, but you stayed in the basement. I don't see you anymore, Elerna. I just don't." I sighed. "So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to follow him."

"You know, Elerna, you can't keep following people. If you say you don't care about somebody, stop caring about them. You did with me, your doing it to Frank now, and you've done it to Mikey since you got back."

"What if I want him back?" She asked, and I shrugged.

"To late, he's leaving. And Frank's leaving in three days. They're both leaving like you wanted. Then you'll leave again, and then I'm all alone. Again." I looked away, and sighed. "Go get him then. Leave me alone, but he's not staying. Don't try to make him stay."

"Fine." And she ran, she ran to find Mikey. Just say goodbye. But Mikey had told me one thing before he left:

"Please don't let Elerna try to make me stay, because it'll break my heart. She can follow me if she want's, but I'm leaving no matter what." He sighed, and grabbed his bags.

"I promise that I will tell her that you won't stay, but I can't promise you that she's not going to try to keep you here." Then Frank came in.


I really hope things get better. I don't think I'll be able to handle this anymore. Mikey's leaving, Frank's leaving, and I'm ready for what's going to happen. My plan, my letter.

And my gun.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINISHED! This chapter was 6 PAGES on word.
Yes, 6 PAGES! Are you surprised? I am! I told Kayleigh about it, and she was like 'woah' also.
Can I hear some comments please? PLEASE?!
Kayleigh's turn, hope she gets comments after her update, also!