Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Rayne

Elerna's words had struck me straight to my core. She wanted to go home. Alright, that wasn't so bad, but then she said that she was going to stay where their new home was until she was eighteen. You know how long that would be if we didn't see each other? That's... that's 3 to 4 years. Not a big deal to some people, but Elerna is my best friend, so it hurts.

I stayed sitting on my bed, the photos that I had taken throughout our friendship were neatly put into piles by year. Staring blankly at them for a bit, taking in what she said, I looked up and smiled slightly.

"Alright. If that's what you want, you can go home. Just let me help pack your things and drive you to your new house. Do you know where that home is?" I asked, obviously she couldn't have known where it was, she would have been confused and decided she was mistaken and would stay.

"Yes, I was looking for a place at the hospital, just in case I chose this path." She sighed. "Don't worry, it's a nice sized house. Two bedrooms, one bath, a small kitchen/dining room, and a nice sized living area. We won't be scrunched in that place."

"Oh, alright. Well, I'll help pack then?" And I walked past her to the basement door, opened it, and slid through. "You're leaving soon. Start packing."

Chris smirked happily, he know this is what Elerna would have picked most likely; Sky froze, looked up from the pictures I gave her, and slowly started grabbing things and putting it into her suitcase; and Joey started to sniffle slightly, knowing that this was the last time he'd be out in the country for a long time.

"Um, Rayne? Do we have to go with Elerna?" Sky asked quietly while I helped her pack. "I mean, I love her and everything because she's my sister, but this isn't the right Elerna. The sister I knew would have thought about everybody, she'd have asked for a vote. This isn't right, Rayne."

"I know, but this is what she thinks is best. I just hope that she's thinking right." I mumbled as Chris passed, an evil grin on his lips.

It took everybody about an hour to pack, since they didn't own a lot. Letting everybody know where I was going, I stuck a note onto the fridge, packed everything into the trunk of my car, and we headed out.

Joey was starting to doze off for a small nap; Sky was looking out the window at the passing scenery; Chris was reading Harry Potter; and Elerna was pointing out directions every few minutes.

Otherwise the car ride was silent. There wasn't anything being said other than the directions, there was no sound other then the snores and pages being turned, and there was hardly any movement unless somebody shifted slightly to get more comfortable.

"Are we all going to just ignore each other now?" I asked, finally breaking the uneasy silence.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked in a innocent voice.

"You know what I mean. You're the one who basically begged Elerna to leave my house, you didn't even think about Sky and Joey's feelings did you?" I asked him.

"Of course I did, they would have loved to leave that filthy farm house. I mean, surely you didn't think they liked living in that tiny place?" He gasped.

"Well did you ever ask them?"

"No, but I don't have to. I know what they do and don't like." He muttered as he closed the book.

"No you don't!" Sky screamed, waking Joey up and making everybody jump. "You don't know anything about our feelings, Chris!"

"What? Of course I do. You hate that house. I know you do." He shrugged.

"No, I don't. I love that house. It's more of a home than any other place. The people there accepted us even if they knew what was going on." She hissed.

"Chris, you're thinking about only yourself again. You didn't want to stay, so you got Elerna, our guardian, to buy a house so that you could make yourself happy. You tricked her!" Joey screamed.

"Calm down, will you?" Elerna and I yelled at the same time.

"Listen, I chose this on my own accord." Elerna told Sky and Joey, who were now fuming.

"You don't even know what to do! You're lost without Rayne, basically." Sky yelled.

"Well, we'll go back in a month if I can't handle it. Pull up to that house right there, Rayne." Elerna directed.

Everybody got out, grabbed their bags, and walked to the front door. Sky and Joey were fuming as they went; Chris was bouncing with each step he took; Elerna slowly unlocked the door and let everybody in.

She turned to look at me, and then followed them inside, closed the door, and I was suddenly left there alone.

I looked down to my hands. They were shaking slightly, tears threatened to flow down my face, and the scars on my wrist seemed to tingle. Slowly, not thinking, I pulled out my pocket knife, and cut into my skin three times on each wrist, letting a fresh flow of blood trickle down, and headed back home.

I didn't even make it a fifteen minutes, before I knew it I was dizzy and couldn't see where I was going. There were sounds of horns blazing as I swerved off the road, and hit a tree. My head smacked against the steering wheel, and I fell unconscious. Maybe I wouldn't wake up.

The only thing I heard were screams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done! Sorry for my lateness. Had to think of a good way to end this.
Hopefully you like it.
KAYLEIGH'S TURN!
And she needs to answer my message so we can figure stuff out about this wonderful story.