Status: Comments = fast updates!!!

According to You

Say So.

I smiled and nodded slightly.

"Shaun, hey!"

He walked up to me. He was wearing light blue skinny jeans, and a white t-shirt with some blue prints on.

"Fancy meeting you here, eh?"

I laughed a litte. "I guess. Not really though. You live here, and this is my summer house." I told him as I pointed to the house we stood in front of. He looked up at the house, and then back at me.

"This is just you're summer house?" He said surprised.

"Mhm." I shrugged, smiling a little.

"Well, guess what?" He started to grin. I looked at him and shrugged.

"What?"

"We're neighbors!"

Seriously? I had to laugh, this was insane!

"No way," I laughed. "You were the one slamming you're door?"

His smile faltered a little. "You heard that?"
I nodded.

"Yeah.. My parents just told me some 'news'." He said air quoting 'news'.
I tilted my head slightly. "Oh..?" I said as to tell him to go on, but I didn't want to ask him what it was, since it didn't seem like he liked the news they told him too much.

He sighted. "They're getting a divorce.."

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have asked him.. To late to change that now.

"I'm sorry!" I said with an apologizing tone. It must suck, but I would never know.

He looked at me and smiled slightly. "Thanks.. Want any help?" He said eyeing my bags.

"No, that's ok. I don't wanna keep you here if you're going somewhere." I smiled as the strap on my bag started sliding down my shoulder. He saw and rushed over too take it.

"I think you do. And I wasn't going anywhere special. Just wanted to get out, y'know." He smiled as he placed the strap over his shoulder.

"Ok, thank you," He smiled, "Let's go then."

I locked us into the house with my keys and put them in a bowl in the entrance, when we were inside.

Shaun chuckled from behind me. I turned to look at him slightly.

"I've always wanted to see what the houses beside mine looks like inside, since they're just the same from the outside. I guess they're the same from the inside as well."

I laughed a little. "Zero creativity is all I'm saying."

He looked at me and then laughed. It was so true. The people that build neighbor houses in a neighbor hood, always builded all the houses exactly the same. Why not try something different?

"Yeah, and if a thief is living next door, he'll have no problem finding an escape route if you hear him!" I started laughing, as well as him.

After a good hour of jokes, we got my bags to my room, and were on our way to the basement. I knew he skateboarded, and I wanted to skateboard.

"Damn!" I heard him say once we took the last step down the stairs.
I chuckled.

"I knew you skated, but not that you were so good!" He exclaimed as he looked at all the pictures that decorated one of the four walls. My father designed and had done everything that had to do with this room for me. It was my room, dedicated to me, as he liked to say it.

"Did you ever lose?" Shaun half laughed as he saw the pictures of me as a child, standing at the top spot on the podium, more than 10 times.

I shrugged, "Yeah. Look here." I said, as he walked over, and pointed to a group of frames that was on the opposite side from where he was looking. All my second places, third places, and the times I didn't get a medal at all.

He stopped at one of the pictures. I just continued what I was doing, which was getting out something to drink from the fridge. I grabbed a Voss water bottle as I turned to look at Shaun. He was still staring at that one picture. Standing so close it looked like he had problems with his sight. "You want anything to drink?" I said as I eyed him weirdly.

He got out of his trans and turned slightly to look at me. "Ehm. Yes, that would be great, just water," He said as he turned back to the picture. That was weird.

"Here you go." I said as I tapped his shoulder.

He took it, "Thanks." He slightly looked at me. "Hey, Reed, where was this?" He said as he mentioned to the picture where I had gotten a second place when I was 8.

"Oh, a national in Virginia. Why?" I said, thinking it was a little weird, cause the name of the competition stood at the top of the frame, as well as where it was, which stood on the bottom.

"You see that kid?" He said as he pointed to the little guy that had his hands raised and a big smile at top of the podium.

"Yeah. I was in a guys club, so I competed with guys?" I said unsure where he was going with this. But when I looked a little closer he looked a kind of familiar. He looked like.. Like ..

"It's me!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Say So - My Favorite Highway.

You liked it?

Comments!!
:))