Status: Completed, but may start a comparison series

A Morning Comparison

A Morning Comparison

The countryside of France is beautiful. Tamaki had always thought so, having enough French pride tucked away to rival a patriotic American. Humming a gentle, incandescent tune, he walked (danced) with excitement filling his heart, as it often did.

Mid-twirl, Tamaki glimpsed a piece of scenery to his right. He stopped to stare.

“Kyouya,” he said dazedly. Just like Kyouya. Dark, strangely handsome, independent, cold and warm all that the same time…calculating, even.

The tree was dead, alone, and huge. Its branches still reached far across the sky, despite the decay of the bark. It was just so much like him. Tamaki couldn’t help but stare. His breath even momentarily left him.

The tree stood, reaching far like a good business connection, dead and cold, but warm because of the sunlight and its natural glow. It looked out over France, calculating the distance, judging the people, and oh so lovely against the blue sky and golden field of grain.

With this analysis, Tamaki began walking again.

An hour later, Tamaki climbed the tree, which held his weight in strong hands, and slept in the arms that he missed so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried something a bit more ambiguous and narturey and...sappier, truthfully. But good sap takes skill. So I'm trying to get the good sap skill. And I'm doing this with the flu, so be nice to me.