Status: Active :)

In the Night

1.

“Okay, so there’s lighting, costume, props, setting... what else? I’m no good at this revision crap!” Kimmie complained.

She and her best friend Sarah had just started their final year of university studying media and production. Kimmie wanted to go into the production of television, while Sarah wanted to be a presenter. Both of them lived in a small two-bedroom flat they shared in the centre of London, near to their university campus.

“Come on, Jay, this is college stuff!” Sarah complained. Kimmie sprawled out across the sofa she was sat on in the student union. Sarah sighed in defeat as soon as one of the headphones of Kimmie’s iPod went into her left hear. She put the other one in and began nodding her head in time to the music that could faintly be heard by Sarah sitting across from her.

“Drink?” Sarah asked her. Kimmie diverted her attention from her daydream to her friend making random drink-inspired hand gestures to her.

“Yes please, whatever you’re having.”

“Vodka and coke it is then.” Sarah announced.

“Christ on a bike, it’s only half five in the afternoon!” Kimmie stared at her friend in shock, and Sarah just laughed, making her way to the bar. She returned moments later with a small tray of drinks. Four shot glasses of various coloured liquids, and two tall glasses of what Kimmie presumed to be vodka and coke. The two girls gathered up their notes and textbooks and put them away into the bags that had previously been emptied of the things the girls needed for their revision. Anything academic on their minds soon disappeared, along with a large consumptions of alcohol between the two. Within a couple of hours, both girls were giggling like schoolchildren.

The pair stayed at their acquired table until the student union started emptying around nine-thirty in the evening. The room had gone deadly silent apart from Kimmie and Sarah still talking nonsense. It finally dawned on them that they were the only ones making any form of noise and looked around to see what had silenced everyone. There eyes finally fell on the doorway, a sight that took their breath away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always nice :)