Halfway Gone

Nineteen

As of right now, Kim could never have felt so nervous. She could feel her heart pounding inside her ribcage as adrenaline rushed through her body. Her hands began to get clammy as she pointed the gun towards the dark haired teenager in front of her. Right now, there was nothing more she’d like to do than to shoot the girl dead after what she’d done to Rosie and put her and Nick through.

She didn’t care that almost everyone in the room was recording what was happening on their camera or phone, because all she wanted was revenge.

She didn’t exactly know what came over her when she pointed the gun towards Ivy. But when she did, she felt she had a ton a power in her hands. It felt good, and all she wanted to use the power on was to make Ivy pay. Kim aimed the gun again and wrapped her finger around the trigger. But before she could pull it, Nick spoke.

“Stop it,” he begged. “Kim, stop.”

“No,” she said simply. “She deserves this! Don’t you get it? She killed Rosie – my best friend, your girlfriend – and you don’t want revenge? You don’t want to see the guilty get justice?”

“Trust me, Kim,” he sighed. “I wanted to catch whoever was responsible, and we ended up doing that, together. But think of it, this way, Kim, if you shoot her right now, justice won’t be served correctly, and you’ll have a criminal record too.”

“I know, I just need do to it,” she said.

Nick raised on eyebrow confused at her response. The girl was contradicting herself, slightly. “Do what, exactly?” he said cautiously.

Suddenly, Kim realised what she needed to get her own sense of justice served, and instead of answering Nick, Kim glared at Ivy and spoke. “Admit it,” she spat. “Tell everyone in this room right now what you did to Rose-leigh Fowler the night she died, so if I don’t end up shooting you, everyone will know the truth. It’ll just be like a walk of shame for you.”

“You’re going to tell everyone I killed her anyway,” Ivy said dryly. “So what’s the point? I told you why I killed her. Shouldn’t you be satisfied you got the truth in the end? Isn’t that what you wanted from the start anyway when you began looking into Rosie’s murder?”

That was all it took – all it took for Kim to drop the gun.

Kim felt the gun slip through her hands as she pulled them apart, and the object landed on the floor. It felt like slow motion to her. She stepped back from the gun and looked up at Ivy.

“You’re right,” Kim said. “It’s what I wanted from the start. I wanted everyone to know what you did. Doesn’t it feel good that everyone knows you’re a cold blooded killer?” She spat the last three words.

Then it happened so quickly, because before Kim knew it, Ivy lunged for the gun in front of her. Kim quickly retaliated and reached down for the gun, but when she did, both of them were holding the gun. Seconds later, Kim and Ivy were fighting over the gun again both throwing punches and kicks when they could.

Not long, Kim lost the grip of the gun and slipped out of her hands. A wave of defeat flowed through her body, but she pushed the feeling down and charged herself at Ivy. She wasn’t going to give up. Not yet – not after everything she’d done that’d led up to this moment. But Ivy was quicker, because before Kim could even touch her, Ivy pushed her away towards Nick.

Nick quickly caught the blonde, and helped her balance on her feet, before the pair looked at Ivy again. Kim frowned to herself. It was over. Ivy was going to kill both of them, and they were going to die. They’d solved the murder of their best friend and in return, they were going to get shot and die. It wasn’t fair.

“As I was saying before you knocked the gun out of my hand,” Ivy said as a sinister smile crept onto her face. She pointed the gun to the blonde as squeals and murmurs of fear and worry could be heard from onlookers. “You first, Kim. Goodbye, Creed.”

Kim closed her eyes in defeat, and stood on the spot. The screams and voices of fear began to get louder. She could feel people move rapidly, as if they were trying to get out of the room, and the next thing Kim heard was a bang. It was the gun – the gun went off. She was sure of it. Suddenly, she was knocked down onto the floor as screams filled her ears.

Then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha, so what did you think? Well I hope you found this chapter was okay. A little shorter than usual, sorry about that. This chapter is going to finish in about two or three chapters. And before I forget, would you guys like a sequel to this story?
Anyway, comment and subscribe, please! Tell me what you think :D