Halfway Gone

Twenty One

Tears continuously rolled down Kim’s cheeks as she stared at the opened coffin before her. Today was the day of her funeral, and she hadn’t realised how much she missed her best friend until she saw the black coloured coffin on the green grass, and suddenly, a slideshow of all the memories of her and Rosie began playing in her head.

From the first day the pair had met to the very last day Kim saw her before Rosie passed away. The many memories of her best friend she had with her, was definitely something she that was going to stay with her forever, no matter what. Kim sniffed at the thought. The memories would never grow now; it’ll just be something she’d have to hold onto for the rest of her life.

“Shh,” a familiar voice said comforting the blonde, as a pair as Kim felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

“I miss her so much,” another tear rolled down her cheek.

“I miss her too,” Nick frowned. “Did you hear about Ivy though?”

Kim shook her head. “What happened after the cops arrested her?”

“She’s in a mental institution now.”

Kim let out a small sigh of relief. She knew there was no way that psycho killer was going to be back for her. After all, the psycho was now pretty much locked up, and was going to be for a long time.

“Come on; let’s go see her, one last time.”

The pair slowly walked up to the opened coffin and stared down at the limp body. The bruises on Rosie’s neck were still there, the top part of her head was shaved off where the lacerations could be seen, but otherwise than that, no more injuries could be spotted.

Rosie was dressed nicely. In a nice, simple black dress that fell to her ankles. It was her favourite dress, and the thought of that made Kim frown. The day that everyone was going to officially say goodbye to the wonderful teenager, she was wearing her favourite outfit. She figured that was all her parents could do for her – at least they tried to make her feel comfortable, even if she still wasn’t with them.

Kim wiped her eyes on her black coloured sleeve then stared down at her best friend’s face. She smiled weakly. Rosie looked peaceful. If there was one way to die after what Ivy put Rosie through, peaceful would be the way to go. The thought of that was somewhat calming.

Suddenly, Rosie’s eyes opened, and Kim smiled, knowing well it was just a hallucination of her imagination. Kim dared not to blink in case the hallucination stopped, and as she wished for the delirium to continue, Rosie’s mouth began to move. Only then, the illusion got clearer.

“Kim,” the blonde said. “It’s nice to see you again.”

“You too,” Kim responded quietly as she smiled weakly.

“So you solved my murder?” Rosie smiled.

“Nick helped too.”

“I’m glad it was both of you that solved it,” Rosie admitted. “I knew you two could do it. Could you believe it was Ivy though? I think one year she’d been in my English class but I barely even spoke to her.”

There was a silence held between the two best friends, but the silence wasn’t awkward. In fact, it was the kind of silence that was comforting. But it was soon broken when Rosie spoke again.

“Kim, tell my parents I miss them, will you?” Rosie asked. “Tell my parents to not blame themselves that I ended up like this. You’ll do that, won’t you?”

Kim nodded as she felt a tear roll down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away. “Of course,” she sniffed.

Rosie smiled warmly. “You’re my best friend, Kim,” she said. “I’m glad that I met you, and that we have all those memories together to reminisce on. Our friendship will live on forever, no matter what.”

“I miss you,” Kim whispered softly, as another tear rolled down her cheek.

Rosie smiled weakly. “I miss you too.”

The hallucination ended. And that was all, for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the last chapter. Link to sequel is now up. It's called Hanging By A Moment.
Anyway, even though this is the last chapter, I'd still love to know what you thought about this chapter/story overall. Be brutal if you want! I just want to know what you thought :)
So comment and stay subscribe! :)

CLICK!
CLICK!
CLICK!
CLICK!
CLICK!