‹ Prequel: Why Me?

The Screams Have Ended

Grandparent #1

~Georg‘s POV~

I was currently standing in front of my old home with the triplets in the car. I ran my fingers through my hair and rang the doorbell.

“Georg? What are you doing here? Is Verna alright? What happened? Is it bad?” Mom asked as soon as she opened the door.

“Verna‘s fine but something has happened.” I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair again.

“What?” she asked worried.

“It‘s nothing bad. But promise me you won’t hit me?” I said.

“Never. Now tell me.” she ordered.

“I‘m a dad.”

She stared at me in shook for a minute then looked about to say something but didn’t. She looked pass me at the car and walked towards.

I heard her gasp and walked up beside her.

“Why didn‘t you tell me? My friends and I had a bet and now I lost, crap.” She said stopping her foot and made an upset face.

I gapped at her then shook my head. “You made a bet on when I was going to have kids?” I question not really believing she could or would do that.

“No, I made a bet on when Verna was going to have them. I had it pegged for June.”

“They were born in September.” I said.

“Tedorica won, she always wins. Fucking figures. Bring them inside.” she said then walked away.

I opened the car door and looked at the triplets. “That was your grandmother. She‘s a little nuts but don‘t worry, one of you are going to turn out to be the exact same way.” I said unfastening theirs baby carriers from the car.

They looked at me with unbridled curiosity. I don’t know if they understood but we’ll find out later on life, now won‘t we.

I carefully brought them inside. I slowly took them out of the baby carriers and laid them on the couch.

I looked around for my mother who was nowhere in sight.

“Mom!” I called.

“I‘m coming.” she called from wherever.

I sat next to the triplets and made faces at them making them smile and giggle.

I looked up abruptly when I saw a flash.

“Mom!” I said looking at her to see her holding a camera.

“What? Oh come on, it was cute.” she cooed pinching my cheek and looked at the triplets.

She must have taken about five hundred pictures of us. Some with just me and the triplets, others with the triplets by themselves and the triplets with her.

Geez, that had to be the most tiring photo shoot of my entire fricking career.

“Mom; do you think we could stop? I mean you haven‘t even asked me there names. And it is honestly getting tiring trying to figure out who you are referring to when you say ‘that one’.” I said taking the camera from her and setting it on the coffee table.

“Fine.” she said sitting next to them.

“That is Georg Jr., Isobel and Carla. Born in that order. We call him Jr. or Shaun, his middle name, so I won’t get confused when someone says ‘Georg’.” I said pointing to them as I said their names.

“Aww, you look just like your mommy. Deathly stunning.” she said running her hand over Isobel’s hair.

“Georg, doesn‘t he look just look like you when you were a baby?” she asked stroking Shaun’s smiling face.

“No, he looks better.” I said smiling.

“Carla looks so innocent. She’s going to be a real sweetheart. And she‘s going to be the one that’s gives you the least amount trouble.” Mom said picking her up and kissing her.

“Yeah. I saw dad the other day.” I said watching for her reaction.

“I don‘t want to talk about him. I just want to enjoy the company of MY grandchildren and MY son.” she said setting Carla done and looking intensely at me.

“Okay. So who are you going to call first?” I asked wondering why she hasn’t contacted all the family yet.

“Not my sisters that’s for sure.” she said laughing.