‹ Prequel: Why Me?

The Screams Have Ended

Birthday Surprise

When walked the short distance to my house and I unlocked the door before I was nearly run over by Lenuta who desperately needed a bathroom.

That didn’t happen to me while I was pregnant either. Guess I’m just one of the lucky ones.

“SURPRISE!”

~Verna‘s POV~

I was in utter shook to see everyone, including my parents, standing in the house with birthday decorations for me.

Well I think it’s for me unless we know someone else named Verna.

“Happy birthday love.” Georg said hugging and kissing me.

“Thank you and wow, but my birthday isn‘t for another four days.” I said looking around.

The decorations were purple and green, my two favorite colors mainly purple though, there were at least three longs tables filled with snacks and drinks. I spotted a few of my favorites, Russian and German and American.

“We know, but we just wanted to celebrate it now since this is sort of the only time my mom will be able to come without her friends.” Georg whispered in my ear.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked looking up at him.

“They like to gossip, especially about me.” he said sighing.

“It‘s not gossiping, its bragging.” Georg’s mom said coming over to us, “Happy early birthday sweetheart.” she said hugging me.

“Thank you.” I said smiling, hugging her back.

“Did you know that your babies laugh just like Georg only much cuter?” she asked smiling at Georg.

“Mom.” Georg whined.

“My babies laugh like hyenas?” I asked trying not to laugh.

“I would say it is more like a maniacal cackle.” she said laughing.

“Alright thanks Mom, I‘m going to go show off my wife to my old friends.” he said taking me by the waist.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because they swore that I would never find anyone this gorgeous to be all mine.” he said kissing me.

“It seems like everyone feels that way.” I said smiling as he fake pouted. “I‘m just joking Georg.” I said hitting his chest lightly.

“Well, come on. I want my friends to be green with envy!” he said dramatically.

“You are so silly sometimes.” I said shaking my head and smiling.

“So? You love it.” Georg said.

“What we want to know is why?” I looked at two guys who seemed to be around Georg’s age maybe older standing by the entrance to the backyard.

“Damn! Man, are you sure she had three kids? I don‘t see not an ounce of baby fat!” the other guys said.

“Miles, Dom, this is Verna. Verna my other perverted friends.” He said pointing to the two.

“Hi.” I said waving a bit.

“Hey, I‘m just wondering why she is with you when I‘m standing right here.” Miles said pointing to Georg then himself.

No offense but this dude is definitely not my type. Like I would leave him for Georg, please. The only time I’ll ever leave Georg is when I die and even then I’ll still watch over him.

“Maybe because I‘m not into people over six feet.” I said shrugging.

“Oh, snap! She insulted both of you! Ha!” Dom said laughing at Georg and Miles.

“Well, we‘ll see who‘ll be laughing when you’re sleeping on the couch tonight.” Miles huffed and walked away.

“Damn it. Later Georg!” Dom said and ran off after a pissed off Miles.

“Did I miss something?” I asked.

“Their together but they are bisexual.” he said.

“Oh, you guys were childhood friends, right?” I asked.

“Yup.” he said steering me toward the kitchen.

“I hope I‘m the only one who‘s seen your birthmark because if I‘m not we need to talk.” I said talking about his birthmark on his upper upper thigh.

“Hey, I‘m not Tom! I don‘t experiment with friends at camp!” he yelled loudly causing everyone to look at Tom.

“Shut up! At least I don‘t faint and scream like a women.” Tom yelled drawing everyone‘s attention away from him and to Georg.

“Lies, all lies.” He said.

Everyone just shook their heads and went back to what they were doing before the outburst.