‹ Prequel: Why Me?

The Screams Have Ended

5 Days Before Christmas

~D.B.‘s POV~

Gustav and I decided to go on a trip to Vera and Yakov’s to spend some time there. We already established we were having our one year anniversary here and celebrating New Years; not in that order.

Jeeremy deserves to know his sort of grandparents besides they consider him their grandchild anyway and want to spoil him and me with gifts and trips.

We were currently on a plane there and I was trying to stay calm as too not scare Jeeremy because he seemed to like being in a giant metal death trap over nothing but miles of air and the occasional bird!

I had the window seat which I took because Jeeremy wanted to look out the window which he was doing now.

He kept smiling and smacking the window which was really starting to scare me because what if the window opened suddenly.

I know I’m being ridiculous but I have every right to fear for the safety of my baby.

“My Dad said he‘s going to love the air.” Gustav said leaning over me to look out the window with Jeeremy.

I shook my head, “He could grow up to be a male stripper and I wouldn‘t care but please don‘t let him be a pilot of any sort. I don‘t think my heart will be able to take it.” I mumbled.

Gustav laughed, “Maybe he‘ll be into music.”

“Or maybe he‘ll be into art.” I said looking him.

“Well, whatever he becomes we‘ll support him.” Gustav said getting Jeeremy’s attention when his phone rang.

I shot a look at him that clearly said ‘answer it and I’ll kill you’.

“Calm down it‘s just a text.” he said looking at his phone.

I sighed and tried to do as Gustav said but I can’t make any promises.

~Jeeremy‘s POV~

The pretty colors I saw in big plane made wonder what it was like on the other side of this clear shield.

But soon I didn’t see the pretty colors anymore and suddenly we were on the move and it got me bored so I fell asleep.

When I awoke we were in a new house. I looked around curiously to see that there were these two other people.

“Dasha, he‘s awake.” the woman said picking me up.

~D.B.’s POV~

“He has your mother’s eyes.” Yakov said looking over Vera’s shoulder at Jeeremy.

I nodded. I knew which made me very happy to know that a part of my mother passed over to my son.

My mother had gorgeous blue eyes and now so does my baby.

“I‘m so happy that you are able to experience this sweetheart.” Vera said handing Jeeremy to Yakov. “Being a mother is the most wonderful experience I woman could have.”

She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and hugged her back.

“Gustav, I want to thank you for proving those idiot doctors wrong.” Yakov said patting Gustav on the shoulder.

“You’re welcome?” he said/asked.

“He‘s so cute.” Vera cooed holding Jeeremy’s hand.

“Is he talking yet?” Yakov asked.

“He‘s only five months.” I said.

“I know but he‘s probably gonna be a genius, just like Elmhos.” Yakov said obviously not catching what he just said.

“Yakov!” Vera said shocked beyond measure it seemed.

“What?………Oh! Sorry, Dasha.” he apologized recognizing his mistake.

I waved it off and just watched as they cooed over Jeeremy and Vera promised to take me out shopping later on in the week.

“Are you guys staying over for Christmas?” Vera asked hopefully.

“Yes, it‘ll be a nice change and I would like for Jeeremy to have his first Christmas in Russia.” Gustav said.

I smiled and felt my heart swell. “I love you.” I whispered in his ear.

“I love you too.” he said lightly kissing me.