‹ Prequel: Why Me?

The Screams Have Ended

The Hardest Part Of Saying Goodbye

“Your sister has asked me not to tell you, she wishes to tell you herself. Follow me please.” she said turning and walking back to which the way she came

We followed her until we got to Crina’s room.

“She asked to speak with you first.” she said to me and let me enter.

~Tom‘s POV~

“I can‘t do this anymore.” I said to Bill.

“Can‘t do what?” he asked.

“I can‘t be with her anymore because all I‘m doing is making her target for all the girls I‘ve been with. She‘s only going to get hurt.” I said shaking my head.

There are plenty of girls who would love to see me hurt and the only way to do that would be through Lenny.

“Tom that won‘t solve anything.” he said.

“It will make them leave her alone so they won‘t have any reason to hurt her.” I said.

“But don‘t you think she‘ll be hurt if your leave her?” Bill asked.

“She‘ll get over it.” I mumbled.

She will, she has to, she needs to. I don’t want her to but she will find love again and he won’t cause her more pain like I probably will.

“Come on.” Relia said opening the door.

I choked back a sob as I saw Lenny’s bruised and cut face wet with tears.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“I‘ve been better.” she said smiling a small because of the painful looking cuts on her lips.

I glanced at her stomach then at her.

I couldn’t say it out loud, I didn’t want to.

She took in a deep breath and looked away from me, “Your son is dead.”

I shut my eyes willingly the tears to stay there.

“We can‘t be together anywhere.” I literally had to force the words from my throat that suddenly went painfully dry.

“But Tom-”

“I‘m sorry but us being together just causes you pain. If we hadn‘t gone to the club you wouldn’t be here. If I wasn’t stressed out we wouldn’t have gone and I wouldn‘t have been if I didn‘t get you pregnant, which is also my fault.”

“But it was the girl who pushed me, not you.” she said sitting.

“You know she pushed you because you’re with me.” I said.

“But you still love me, don‘t you?” she asked.

I couldn’t bring myself to say that I didn‘t love her, not only would I be lying to her but I would be lying to myself.

I just shook my head.

“Look me in my eyes and tell me you don‘t love me?”

~Lenuta‘s POV~

“I…” he started then stopped.

He looked me in my eyes and took a deep breath, “I… can‘t. Goodbye Lenuta.”

He took off his engagement ring, dropped it on the bed then quickly left the room and my life.

I just completely broke down in tears.

I could feel someone wrap their arms around me but knowing it wasn’t Tom I didn’t respond, wouldn‘t was more like it.

“Crina, it‘s gonna okay.” Relia said smoothing down my and looking at me pitifully.

“No its not.” I said sniffling. “I‘m still pregnant.”

“What?” Relia asked.

“I was pregnant with two girls and two boys but one of the boys is dead. I still have the girls and one boy. You have to tell Tom please.” I begged.

“I‘ll go.” Bill said and rushed from the room.