Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter One

Trace

Two Weeks Ago

“You boys have to find new members soon, or you can say goodbye to your contact,” dad says reading the letter Columbia records sent to Mason’s and mine apartment.

Metro Station have been going through a hard time ever since Blake left three months ago, and Ant left last month to start his own thing. We have a keyboardist but he’s only for concerts we need someone who can be there in concerts and recording studios same with needing a drummer. I’ve been looking for the past few weeks getting nothing but horrible covers, fakes, and people with too much on their own hands, and the hardest part now is that the record company is pressuring us to get ready for a tour with new members or we are out.

“Trace, what are you going to do now?”

I run my hand through my hair opening my laptop, hoping maybe today I’ll find some people.

“I don’t know I’ll keep looking on the internet. If I found Blake on here, I don’t think it will be hard ot find two members on here,” I mutter opening my email. Nash barks, rolling over my feet . I laugh a little putting him on my lap.

“Well I better head back home, and make sure to call me if anything happens,” he says leaving. I groan looking through some fan mail, and emails from bands we’ve made good friends with like Travis from We The Kings sent me a new picture of his dogs.

I go over to youtube looking at the Metro Station covers. Most were singing, and others just doing fan videos of our songs.

“Nash, how come its so hard to find members for daddy’s band?” he whimpers putting his small head on my hand.

“Yeah I know, but let’s not give up.”

After nineteen pages my attention was on a video thumb nail of two girls. I sigh, clicking it as a last hope.

“Many of you asked us to do a cover of Metro Station’s ‘Seventeen Forever’ we finally have you all ready for it.” The girl with long brown hair says before being push by a girl with black hair and blue eyes. I smile finding her already really cute.

“If you don’t know who are then let me say that the Hippie on the camera is Clara, and I’m Hannah.”

“I’m not a Hippie.” The dark hair girl shouts I pause it that voice was too familiar to me I hit the ‘I’m not a Hippie’ part again then I look over to my right seeing Mason’s high school graduation ceremony photograph of a girl with long brown hair wearing a head band.

“Oh my god I remember you!” I laugh my ass off remembering Clara Stumph damn she got older she’s probly able to drink now, she was our drummer for awhile before Blake was even in the band but she left because she wanted to get clean from drugs. I smile listening to them play they started out with Hannah playing Blake’s part and Clara started to sing along with the song before hitting the drums, they had it, they did everything right on the dot, and they had the talent.

I dial Chris’s number he groans answering it, I was so fucking excited.

“Cyrus, what do you want?”

“Do you have a computer?”

“Trace, if it’s another dumb video or email I’m going to hang up.”

“No it’s not a dumb video go to youtube and type in Sun Shine and Babies.”

“This is already going to be a dumb video isn’t it?”

“No click on the one of Seventeen Forever.”

I heard the song play and him inhaling did he have to smoke?

“Well Trace, I think I’ll call Columbia and tell them you found new members.”

“Do you think their good enough?”

“Yeah, their amazing Trace for girls their really good.”

“Oh well that’s good, I know one of them so I can easily call her.”

“Does Mason know about this?”

“No and he’ll find out when I get the okay from Columbia.”

“Okay I’ll call next few weeks letting you in on the word.”

“Peace brother.”

One Week Later

“Dude, why have girls in the band? What are you thinking?” Mason protested when I gave him the news.

“What’s so wrong with that? We need someone and they’re good,” I said.

“I don’t know man, it just seems wrong,” he replied.

“They’re just girls, Mas. Come on.”

“Fine; but I don’t like it,” he said.

“You’ll get used to it. You’ll probably even like it eventually,” I said. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

I don’t understand why he’s being such a baby about this. These girls have some serious talent, and since Blake and Ant left, we need the members. Ever since Chelsea and him broke up again for god knows how many times he’s been a jerk.

I decided to call the girls and let them know Mason had agreed to let them join. I dialed Clara’s number first.

“Hello?” she answered. I could hear loud giggling in the background.

“Hey Clara, its Trace,” I said. “I have good news.”

“From High School?” she questioned.

“Yes, I saw your video with Hannah for my bands song, and we’re in need for some members I was thinking you two girls would like to join?”

“HOLY FUCK yes we would love to join.”

“Good because you already are.”

“Is it okay with that one guy?”

“Mason agreed to you guys joining the band.”

“Really?” she squealed excitedly.

“Yep; congratulations,” I smiled. “I’m going to call Hannah and tell her the news.”

“You don’t have to do that. She’s with me. But, just as a warning, she’s kind of tipsy,” she said.

“Hahaha, okay. Put her on,” I said.

“Hello?” Hannah giggled.

”Hey Hannah, its Trace.”

“Oh, hey there,” she said. “What’s going on?”

“I have good news. You and Clara are now officially in the band,” I said.

“Woohoo!” she shouted, slurring a little. “Sorry, I started celebrating early.”

“Ha-ha, sounds like it,” I laughed.

“Hey, dude,” Mason said, reentering the room.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“I’ve been thinking, and I really just don’t like the idea of two chicks in our band.”

“Dude, I just called them and told them they were in,” I said. “I’m still on the phone.”

“Well, then you can tell them they’re out.”

”What’s Musso’s issue?” Hannah asked.

“He’s skeptical about having girls in the band,” I replied.

“Lemme talk to him,” she said. I put the phone on speaker and handed it to Mason.

“Hello?” he said.

“Let me tell you something Musso. I’m a damn good keyboardist, and Clara’s a damn good drummer. And as of right now, I know you don’t have drummer or a keyboardist. You’d be crazy to pass us over,” Hannah said.

Mason stood there for a moment at a loss for words.

“Talent doesn’t have anything to do with it,” he finally said. “To be a good band, the members have to get along. Guys and girls are different, and it’ll be hard to do that.”

“Guys and girls get married and live together. They get along just fine, most of the time. And Hayley Williams seems to get along with the guys of Paramore just fine,” Hannah argued.

Mason looked at me and then sighed, defeated.

“Fine. You guys are in. But I’m not sure I like it yet,” he gave in.

“I always win, Musso. Just remember that,” Hannah said a playful smirk evident in her voice. He rolled his eyes and tossed the phone back to me.

“Good job,” I said. “Your argument was very convincing.”

“Hey, I wanted the gig. When I see something I want, I’ll do whatever it takes to get it,” she said. “And I did, so I think its cause for celebration. I’m going to go get a bottle of Jack.”

“Ha-ha, don’t get too drunk now,” I joked.

“I won’t make any promises,” she giggled.

We hung up and I searched the cabinet for my own bottle of Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clara and I both wrote this first chapter.
Hope you guys like it!