Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Ten

Trace

The four of us were in the studio working on the second album. Mason and I have been having a lot of trouble agreeing on things lately. Today was no exception.

I wanted to use one of the songs I'd written while Hannah and I were in Hawaii, but Mason didn't like it.

"Mason, this song means a lot to me," I was saying.

"Yeah, but this just isn't something I can like," he replied.

"You got your song about your girl; can't I have one about mine?"

"That was when we were kids, Trace, plus what about our girls in the other room? Do you think they'll like it?" he said, pointing to the room where Hannah and Clara were.

"This song is about my girl in the other room," I said.

"Yeah, well her best friend is in the room too, you moron, and she's also in the band," he shot back.

"What, so my girlfriend doesn't count for shit just because your girlfriend is her best friend?" I said, raising my voice.

"Did I say she was shit? No, I didn't."

"Anyway, what about this song wouldn't Clara like?" I asked.

"She's a drummer, Trace. I'm only hearing guitar, vocals and keys," he said.

"So what? We have one fucking song without drums!" I exclaimed.

"Where does that leave her? On the sidelines likes she's just an extra?"

"We're not making a movie Mason, we're making an album," I said.

"Exactly my point: album, with band members. Not just three people. Trace, the song isn't even that great," he argued.

"Hannah likes it," I said stubbornly.

"That's one person. Plus, what about the fans? We have to make sure they like it. You sound like you're whispering."

"I've always sounded that way!"

"This is different. It's not even a change of tone, Trace," he said.

"How is this song any different from Kelsey?" I asked loudly.

"I don't know Trace, damn it!"

The door to the other room opened and the girls walked out, looking frustrated.

"Jesus you two what the fuck is going on?" Hannah asked.

"We heard you two clearly over in the other room. So much for sound proof," Clara said.

"Mason and I are arguing again," I snapped. Clara rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, we got the hint. Why can't you two agree on anything?"

"Because, we just can't get this song right and he keeps reminding me of Kelsey," Mason said.

"Well, what song is it?" Clara asked.

"The one he wrote in Hawaii about Hannah," he replied.

"Well, I think it's sweet, but um...I haven't heard it yet so I can't just take sides," she said. "Hannah?"

"Well...I love it," Hannah said. Mason rolled his eyes.

"Of course you do. It's about you," he said.

"Don't talk to her like that," I said angrily.

"Both of you calm down!" Clara said, almost shouting.

"Listen, why don't the two of you play the song and we'll see if Clara likes it," Hannah suggested.

"What would be the point?" I said. "She'll just take his side."

"You don't know that," Clara said.

"Fine, we'll play it," I shrugged. I picked up my guitar, Mason doing the same. Hannah entered the room to play keyboard.

"It's really sweet and I'm glad hannah finally has a song written about her, but um...where do I play in this?" she asked when we were finished.

"See, I told you Trace. No drums," Mason said.

"I'm not bitching about it Mason, I'm just asking," she said.

"Well, to be honest Clara, I didn't really write drums in," I said.

"Oh...it's okay I suppose. I mean, it's a song about Hannah," she said.

"Damn it Trace!" Mason said. "You upset her."

"Now you're just looking for a reason to argue," Hannah said. "Clara's fine."

"Really guys, it's fine," Clara said. "I'll just watch you three record."

Mason

After getting very little work done at the recording studio Hannah decided it was a good idea to leave so we could all relax, Clara smiles at me as we head for the limo I thought we were done with that thing. I look behind me seeing Trace and Hannah talking to each other where we wouldn’t hear them and taking their time. I really didn’t enjoy being mad at Trace but he was only using Hannah I mean he had Dear Hannah which was about Hannah Beth everyone around him and I know who that relationship was we wrote that song together I only did it because he wanted me to help.

“Mason, you didn’t have to be an ass to them I thought it was sweet that he wrote a song for Hannah.” Clara says grabbing my hand.

“It may have been nice, but he’s done songs before and I don’t think it’s fair that he left you out.” I say pulling her close to me.

She sighs putting her hand on my chest, I knew she was pissed off about being put out of a song she never was before I don’t see how Trace can’t put some drum parts in. I kiss her forehead feeling her take a deep breath.

“I’m not all the way upset about it Mason, I mean it gives me a break.” She says trying not to sound choked up but she did.

“I just don’t think it’s fair for you.” I whisper as our friends go by us.

Clara and Hannah go in the car I get ready to go inside only being push back by Trace I bit my lip holding back on pulling his fucking hair back, Clara smiles weakly at me as I get in the limo and shut the door. Hannah and Trace hold hands staring at each other I cough a little feeling Clara lean against me she didn’t seem to be acting normal.

Pleas to god tell me she isn’t on her period last time when we went on tour for a week she was hell on earth, she was snappy too just asking her to move was a fifteen minute fight, and don’t even get me started when Hannah starts at the same time.

I kiss her forehead she gives me a sad look I lean down a little as Trace and Hannah were still flirting with each other.

“Are you feeling okay?” I ask she shakes her head a little which wasn’t really making me feel any better knowing she wasn’t going to talk.

“I’m fine Mase, I haven’t had cigarettes in a few days.” She mutters I rub her hand.

“I’ll buy you a new pack if you need one.”

“I don’t want to smoke Mase, I’ve been trying to quit that if I can do it with drugs I’m sure this will be easy.”

I smile kissing her she kisses back a little going back to leaning on me like she was sick. Hannah hugs Trace’s skinny side not that I’m jealous or anything his ribs look like you could probably make music on that.

"I'm really glad you decided to do the song," she says to him.

I roll my eyes, I only agreed to do that song because Clara was giving me death glares and telling me she was fine with being left out of one stupid song.

"Oh yeah real great, he already wrote a song about another girl named Hannah before." I say looking over at the couple.

Trace’s face hardens not even shocked he hates when I bring up his past it’s not like he ever told Hannah most of it, Hannah looks at Trace a little hurt but confused.

"That was both of us ass hole.” Trace says.

I roll my eyes of course it was both of us only because we are best friends.

“Damn, you won't be satisfied until we're all upset, will you?" he asks.

"Oh you didn't tell her about Demi, Hannah, and some of the fan you got with before her and wrote a song about them too?" I ask mocking him ignoring his question Clara looks at me then looks at Hannah.

"That was different! Those fans I got with didn't mean anything to me! Demi was just a summer fling and HB was my past!" he shouts face getting red.

Hannah looks up at Trace hurt, her blue eyes nearly letting tears fall he looks over at her.

"You wrote songs for other girls, Trace?" she asks.

"Of course he does, he makes girls all happy inside then lives them when the sex isn't good enough it's off you go trust me I've seen each girl run off in tears." I tell her the honest truth being Trace Cyrus best friend is not the best thing in the world.

"Shut up Mason! This is different! I love Hannah god damn it!" he shouts trying to sound all hero like.

Hannah starts crying I feel bad now but I’m too pissed off at how he’s treating her like all the other girls he can say he loves them all he wants it’s never true not now or back then.

Clara growls a little lifting her head off of me, and pushes herself away from me with a pissed off look.

"How about both of you act like adults!? God here I thought today we could have some peace honestly it's just a song shut the hell up about it." She says raising her voice at us like my mom did when Mitchel, Marc, and I fought in the car when we moved to California.

Clara moves over to the clearly upset Hannah she grabs onto Clara I could see her finger nails digging into her back, Trace looks catching his girlfriend’s tears falling down her face.

"Damn it Mason, look what you did," Trace yells.

"She had to know somehow Clara already knew about it too!" I say pointing at Hannah.

"Know what? That I have a past? She's got a past too! We all have pasts!" he says pointing at Clara.

"At least she doesn't stay on that past; you just keep going and going with girls." I remind him.

"The only girl I'm with is her! How is that going and going with girls?" he asks.

"You'll find some whore once you get bored of the same thing." I mutter crossing my arms.

"Shut up!" we both jump looking over at Hannah "God damn it, let me out of this fucking limo!" she says wiping her eyes.

Clara grabs her arm staring at her kindly and worried.

"Hannah, we're already at the house." She says I notice the limo wasn’t moving anymore.

"Good. Now I'm going to get my shit and I'm leaving."

"Hannah, come on you don't have to leave let's just go to my room away from the guys." She says trying to convince Hannah to stay with her.

"Clara you don't understand. I love Trace and I don't want to end up like all those other girls."

“Hannah, I’m not going to treat you like those other girls.” Trace says touching his girlfriends knee.

"Mason is just pissed off because he and Trace are having a hard time; I'm not staying here without you." Clara says shooting a mean look before looking at Hannah again.

I know Clara and Hannah are really tight like Trace and I use to be so she would go if Hannah leaves.

"Well, I'm not going to let Trace treat me like every other girl. If I get out now that won't happen. I'd rather break my own heart than have him do it.” Hannah says looking at Trace hurt.

"Hannah, I'm not going to break your heart. Don't leave," Trace pleads.

"See? Let’s all just go inside and relax pleas? I have ahead ache and I don't have any cigarettes on me. SO let’s get a move on."

"Fine but no one touch me." She growls.

I was surprised to hear Hannah even sound evil.

“Hannah, you’re twenty not two years old.” Clara says in a stern voice.

"Well damn, I've been living a lie then," Hannah says sarcastically.

"Come on don't start too." Clara says looking at her friend.

"You're right, I'm sorry," she says with a short sigh. "I'm just going to go lay down."

"Sounds like a plan, or we could go in the hot tub and relax while these two pouts like two year olds." Clara says with a huge a smile on her face.

"I like the way you think," Hannah says.

“Can’t I join in your fun?” Trace asks while messing with his hair.

"Did I say little kids to come in? I didn't think so." I would be smirking

"Pleassseee? I want to see my girlfriend in her bikini!" Trace was begging my own girlfriend she rolls her eyes playfully.

"Who says I was going to wear my bikini?" Hannah says smirking.

"Oh god you two go naked in the tub!?" I ask looking at both girls,

Hannah and Clara both giggle short but it was nice to see them less pissed.

"Not me and Clara," she says. "Trace and I do though."

We all get out of the car Trace and Hannah run inside Clara stands by the door staring at me.

“What?” I ask she shakes her head going inside not even waiting for me.

Great now my girlfriend thinks I’m just some big time jerk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah and I Both wrote this