Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Twelve

Trace

The house has been really lonely in the two weeks that Mason and Clara have been gone. Hannah's here, but it's almost like she's not really here. She's been really distant now that she doesn't have Clara.

They spent most of their teenage lives together and now they've been torn apart. I know Hannah blames me. She swears she doesn't, but I can tell she does.

We don't talk very often, and she barely touches me anymore. Sometimes she locks herself in our room and doesn't come out for hours. Then when she does come out, her eyes are red and puffy. When I try to talk to her about it, she shuts me out.

She'd already been in the room for at least three hours already today. I went upstairs and knocked on the door softly.

"What?" she asked, somewhat angrily. I'd never bothered her before, and she's probably wondering why I am now.

"Can I come in?" I asked. I heard shuffling and the click of the lock. The door opened and she stood in front of me. There were dark circles around her eyes. Her face was stained with tear streaks.

She turned around and sat cross legged on the bed. I stepped in the room and closed the door behind me. I sat on the bed next to her.

"I miss you," I said.

"I'm here all the time," she replied.

"I know. I don't miss your presence, I miss you."

"What's the differnce?" she asked.

"I know you're in the house, but you're always in here. And you hardly ever speak to me," I said.

"I just miss Clara. That's all," she said.

"I know you do baby. And I know you blame me for her being gone."

"Trace, we've talked about this. I don't blame you."

"I know you said that, but you won't talk to me. You won't touch me," I said. She looked angry, but before she could say anything, I continuted.

"I'm not mad at you. I understand. You and Clara were like sisters and I broke that up."

She looked down at the hands that were resting between her crossed legs. She didn't say anything. I saw a tear slide down her nose. I took her in my arms and, surprisingly, she hugged me tightly as she cried.

"I don't want to blame you," she said through her tears. I stroked her hair and rocked her gently.

"It's okay if you do. It is sort of my fault," I said. "But you know what? I'm going to fix this."

"How?" she asked, sitting up. I pulled my cell phone from my pocket.

"I'm going to call Mason," I replied. I dialed his number and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, you've reached Mason. Leave a message after the beep," his voice mail said after five or six rings. I shook my head.

"Voice mail," I said to Hannah. I tried a few more times, getting the same result.

"Will you--" I said, turning to Hannah.

"Call Clara?" she said, finishing my question. "You bet."

Hannah

I grabbed my cell phone from the nightstand and dialed Clara's number.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey," I said. "Are you back in L.A. yet?"

"No, Mason is wanting to stay another few days with his family. Why?" she replied.

"Just wondering. Listen, Trace just tried to call Mason. Is his phone off?" I asked.

"No, he's just ignoring the phone calls. You called at a good time, too. He's out with Mitchel and I'm over here by myself," she said.

"What, are you not allowed to talk to me when he's there?" I asked, feeling slightly offended.

"Well, um...yeah. He's still upset; he's taking it out on me and himself. But more of him."

"Clara, you're a grown woman. You can talk to me whenever you want to," I said.

"Yeah, I know that. But you know how I am with Mason. And you know Mason well enough."

"Anyway," I said, desperate not to fight with her, "Trace is trying to fix this. That's why he was calling."

"Well, Mason doesn't plan on answering. He won't answer Chris' calls either."

"Maybe if you just talked to him...I mean, Trace really wants to fix this," I said.

"What do you think I've been trying to do?" she said. "He's hard-headed if you haven't noticed."

"Yeah, I know. It just isn't the same without you guys."

"I miss you, too Hannah. I feel so left out here," she sighed.

"I even miss your ass hole boyfriend," I joked. She laughed.

"Yeah, and I miss teasing Trace about being a horse," she said. "God I wish I could come back."

"You can!" I said. "Just tell Mason you'll do whatever dirty thing he wants. That always works on Trace."

"Well that's because you and your boyfriend have a lot of sex," she said. "Mason and I only did it once for his birthday. I don't have the flirty talent like you lovely."

"Oh, please. You could work it if you wanted," I smiled.

"Hannah, he'll get over it soon. I just don't know how soon."

"How much longer does he plan on staying in Texas?" I asked.

"He wants to stay a few weeks, then we're going with his parents and live there for a while. We can't find a house or an apartment."

"There's an empty condo in our complex. Mason and Trace wouldn't have to talk to each other if Mason doesn't want to," I said.

"I'll have to talk to Mason about that. You know, I never thought I'd date a mama's boy," she said.

"Hahaha! Mason's a mama's boy?" I said, laughing. "Trace is, big time."

"He follows his mom like a little kid. It's cute, yet, I'm jealous," she replied.

"When we go to Trace's parents' I always get extra sex because he spends so much time with his mom. So, needless to say, I love going to see his family," I laughed.

"I wish I was that way to Mason's family," she said a little sadly.

"It'll get better. I promise," I assured her.

"I don't hate his family Hannah. I envy them. They all get along. When did my family ever get along?"

"This could be like a second chance for you, though," I said. "Don't look at it like a negative. This could be a chance for you to have a family that does get along."

"Yeah, I know that. But with my past I just feel like a loner."

"Don't live in the past. This is now," I said.

"Well durrr! But anyway, enough about me. I want to know what you've been up to," she said.

"Not much, actually. I've just been moping around ever since you left."

"Same here, besides fighting with Mason sometimes. Which isn't fun," she said.

"Trace and I have barely spoken in two weeks. Until today."

"Aw, babe I'm sorry," she said sympathetically. "Everytime I start crying Mason just leaves me alone. He doesn't even try to comfort me. It seems like Marc likes me crying on him more than my own boyfriend."

"I haven't talked to Trace because I partially blame him for what's been going on. We haven't even had sex," I said.

"That's a shocker, you not getting laid," she said, laughing a little.

"I know! I might have to fix that later," I said.

"Yeah, you might want to, or you'll have to take him to the horse farm for them stippers!"

"Clara!" I said laughing.

"What did she say?" Trace asked. I repeated what she said and he laughed, giving me something to tell her.

"He told me to tell you that he doesn't need a stripper when he has me. And that I look better naked than any stripper ever."

"God, this is why I miss you even more. I could be giggling like a fucking kid on crack with you. But I'm stuck here," she said. I heard a door closing in the background and Mason talking and asking questions.

"Uhh, I'll call you back later umm...dad," she said, hanging up quickly. I sighed as I hung up the phone.

"That was almost like she was back here," I said a little sadly. Trace rubbed my back lovingly.

"Oh, she said that Mason didn't plan on answering his phone," I told him.

"Why not?" he asked with frustration in his voice.

"Clara said he's just being hard-headed. She swears he'll come around."

"What if he doesn't?" he asked, starting to sound distraught.

"I don't know Trace," I said. It was my turn to comfort him now. I wrapped my arms around him lovingly. "But whatever happens you have me."

"And I'm the luckiest guy on the planet," he said, kissing me softly. I moved to his lap and straddled him. He wrapped one arm around my waist and his opposite hand snaked through my hair as we made out.

He ran his hands up my sides, my shirt coming up. He pulled it over my head and tossed it on the floor. He kissed every inch of me he could get his mouth on. We were both hungry for each other, and in a matter of minutes our clothes were scattered across the room.

"God, I want you," he said.

"Have me, then," I whispered seductively. He pushed himself into me and we had the best sex either of us had had in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clara helped me out a lot with this one.
Two chapters in one night!
We are on a roll!