Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Fifteen

Hannah

Trace holed himself up in the guest room yet again to work on his Ashland HIGH album today. I love his new music, but I hate how he's in there for hours at time. I don't get to talk to him, and I'm stuck doing nothing all day.

The fact that Clara and Mason had finally moved back to L.A. made days like this slightly better, though. Things aren't the same even though they're back. Mason doesn't like it when I'm in their house, and he doesn't want Clara over here. I miss watching Reba with her.

I sighed and shut off the TV. There was nothing good on at this time of day. I decided I needed some fresh air, so I got up to get the mail. I didn't bother telling Trace; he would have no idea I was gone. The California sun hit my face as I stepped outside.

'I really need to get out more,' I noted to myself as I noticed my fading tan. I opened the mailbox and looked through it. I didn't notice anything unusual until I saw a letter from the courthouse. It was addressed to Trace, but I knew he wouldn't care if I opened it.

My heart sped up as I read its contents. Anger flooded through my body. I ran back into the condo, the door slamming behind me. I burst through the door of the guest room, making Trace jump in surprise.

"Look at this shit!" I said loudly, brandishing the letter.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Mason is suing you!" I said, handing him the summons.

"This is bull shit!" he shouted after reading it.

"I know it is!" I replied. I stood up and grabbed the letter.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going over there. He's not going to get away with this without hearing from me."

I stormed out of the room. I was only vaguely aware Trace was behind me; I was pissed. We got in my car and I sped to Clara and Mason's house. When we got there, I got out of the car and slammed the door. I pounded on their front door and Clara answered.

"Hey, what's..." she stopped when she saw the look on my face.”Oh, shit."

"Where's Mason?" I asked, my voice dangerously low. She just stood there. I pushed past her and stood in the hallway.

"Musso!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Oh great, the whore of all whores is here," he said, coming down the stairs. His comments didn't help my anger.

"What the fuck do you mean you're suing Trace?" I shouted. "Are you fucking stupid?"

"Actually, no I'm not. Your little fuck buddy deserves it!" he shouted back.

"What the hell did he ever do to you?"

"Oh I don't know first I find out he announced Metro Station broke up without mine or anyone else’s knowledge"

"You both decided the band was over, you idiot! Was that not consultation enough for you?"

"I wanted a break that's all I wanted obviously that wasn't made clear enough!"

"You guys sure didn't sound like you were on a break when you fought that last time. You said 'the band is through' not 'we're on a break'."

"If you're here to try and stop me you can fucking forget about it."

"I know I can't stop you but I can sure beat the hell out of you. And if you think you can stop me, you can fucking forget about it," I sad, imitating him.

"HANNAH!" Clara shouted, shocked.

"What? He's trying to sue my boyfriend, you think I'm not going to do anything? You of all people should have expected this," I said.

"He told me this had nothing to do with us, though. It's between them, not us," she said.

"Wait a minute. You knew. And you didn't tell me," I said quietly.

"I...yes," she said, beginning to get upset.

"Why didn't you tell me Clara?" I asked, getting upset as well.

"He had my phone!" she shouted defensively.

"All the time?" I asked.

"Not all the time; when he found me trying to call to let you know."

"Then why didn't you call me when he gave it back?"

"He told me not to talk about it and then said we had nothing to do with this," she replied.

"Of course we do Clara. The are our boyfriends. It was our band, too. We have everything to do with it," I said, getting frustrated.

"I told him that Hannah!"

"But you still didn't try to contact me about it. This is bull shit."

"I'm fucking sorry!" she shouted. "What did you expect me to do?"

"I don't know! Give me some sort of warning?" I yelled.

"I didn't know it was going to happen!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Bull shit! You knew all along!" I shouted just as loud.

"Did I Know this was the plan at first? NO! But once I did I wanted to tell you so fucking bad Hannah. I wanted to tell you," she said, almost pleadingly.

"But. you. didn't," I said through gritted teeth, tears falling.

"I know and I'm sorry for that..." she said. I became suddenly aware of a presence behind me. I turned to see Trace.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Mason said angrily.

"You're suing me Musso, I have every right to be here," Trace growled.

"Get the hell out of my house. Both of you."

"Fuck you Mason!" I shouted. I raised my hand and slapped him hard in the face. My hand stung from the contact. Clara moved me out of the way.

"Hannah, go," she said.

"Fuck you, too!" I screamed, back-handing her in the face. I cried harder once I realized what I had just done. She looked so shocked.

"Please, just leave," she said, sobbing. "Just go now."

"Fuck you both!" I screamed through my tears. Trace put his arm around my waist and led me out of the house.

"I'm driving," he said. He got in the driver's seat. I gave him the keys and he drove home.

Clara

I look at the closed door feeling the stinging on my cheek start to fade away, my best friend actually slapped me in the face, and my boyfriend lied to me in the face. I don’t know who to even be pissed at my eyes were burning and my head felt like bricks smashing my brain. Mason’s breathing went to a halt as I turned around facing his chest before looking into his eyes I didn’t find comfort in them I found myself hating him at that moment.

“You lied to me…You son of bitch you lied!” I shout push him he looks down at me grabbing my hands.

“I didn’t want this to happen babe, that’s why I lied to you.” He says like it was going to make me feel better.

“I don’t give a shit Mason! She was my friend the only person who was there before you were, and you ruined our friendship!” I shout feeling more tears fall down my face.

“Clara, I didn’t think she would do anything about it.”

“Of course she was going to do something about, it’s her boyfriend being sued and this is how I pay for it!” I felt my throat burning.

He tries to pull me into a hug I get my hands out of his grip and rush into the guest room slamming the door behind me.

“CLARA! Open the fucking door.” Mason says trying to open the door.

I pull my hands into my face pulling my knees to my chin, this was why my parents didn’t want me back in music I knew I should have said no to this if I knew my friendship was going to be in ruins. I tighten my legs sobbing like a kid whenever my parents fought this is what I did hide away from the world I knew I could hide somewhere else.

“Clara, pleas open the door.”

“LEAVE ME ALONE MUSSO!” I shout sobbing again I felt my mouth go dry as my body was shaking.

I was under too much stress anymore I thought being back would make me relax more now it’s like nothing even changed and got worse than it’s ever been before. I move to the guest bed room shredding my clothes off only in my top and panties, I sob into the pillow trying to block out the sound of Mason trying to get in.

My crying stop around three hours later due to me passing out from being tired over all the crying I did.

I open my eyes seeing Mason staring at me with a weak smile his eyes was blood shot and puffy I turn over facing the window he touches my hair I inhale deeply.

“Clara, you have to talk to me I don’t like this.”

“It’s your fault you fucking selfish bitch.” I mutter holding the sheets tight.

“Clara, seriously you can’t just stop talking to me.”

“I can do what I want, good night Musso.” I mumble trying to go back to sleep.

I could feel his body move closer to me pulling me to him as his arm wraps around my hips, his lips kept kissing me even the spot that I would normal fall back to my normal self.

But his kisses didn’t make me feel safe or happy like it would have done I relax though as his another arm rubs my back that was already sore.

I woke up again feeling myself craving for the one thing that I worked so hard not to return into the dark path that has been gone for three years.

I carefully turn around seeing Mason’s tear stained face half hidden in the pillow breathing slowly my body was able to slip out of his arm and bed. I wipe my eyes before putting my jeans back on making the tight fabric make me feel safe.

I push my glasses up walking out of the room into the hallway I almost cursed as Mason’s dog came up to me with Mitchel behind him.

“Clara, what are you doing up?” He asks staring at me confused.

I just rush down the stairs outside to Mason’s white car putting the keys inside to start the car. I knew where to go if I wanted something and didn’t take too long to find it either.

The streets of Skid Row was filled with drug users, whores, and gangs I smile pushing my shirt down making sure my chest was showing and then I got out of the car.

A group of guys with tattoos, piercings, and some had gold teeth I knew dealers when I see them, their eyes travel up and down at me. I toss my hair behind my back and smile at them they stare for a few minutes but one of them gave me the same smile I had on my face.

“Zombie, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen you on the streets.” I roll my eyes seeing the bright green hair in the street light.

Danny was a friend almost boyfriend when I was in high school we did everything together, I smile tucking my hair behind my ear again it was habit.

“I know I was sober for like three years and-“he touches my face staring down at me with a bright smile.

“You need some of my shit don’t you love?” his thick British accent asks.

“If it can get me feeling number than ever then yes I need it.” I was begging like I use to his blue eyes turn soft.

“Follow me and don’t say I did this for you.” He says eyeing the jump, I nod feeling him put his arm around me walking up to his friends.

“I’ll be back later boys, I need to fix her up.” He says waiting for them to nod which they do.

We go to a dark alley far away from Mason’s car he pushes me against the brick wall I land on a bed the springs dig into my knees almost breaking my skin. I eye him pulling out a rubber band, needle and spoon that’s been bent my drug user side was twitching as he tosses the rubber at me.

I wrap it around my arm feeling my skin tighten up at the pressure, Danny bends down with the syringe and needle intact nearing to my skin. I was hurting myself, my family, and my friends all over again but as soon as I felt the needle break into my skin and watch Danny insert the drug into my veins I only waited a few minutes before I felt my whole body go limp.

“Welcome back lovely, I’ve missed you.” Danny says kissing my lips.