Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Seventeen

“You lied to me…You son of bitch you lied!” I shout push him he looks down at me grabbing my hands.

“I didn’t want this to happen babe, that’s why I lied to you.” He says like it was going to make me feel better.

“I don’t give a shit Mason! She was my friend the only person who was there before you were, and you ruined our friendship!” I shout feeling more tears fall down my face.

“Clara, I didn’t think she would do anything about it.”

“Of course she was going to do something about, it’s her boyfriend being sued and this is how I pay for it!” I felt my throat burning.

He tries to pull me into a hug I get my hands out of his grip and rush into the guest room slamming the door behind me.

“She’s coming out of it I’ll go get a bucket just in case.” Hannah’s voice says leaving the room.

How the hell did she find me?
Why is she here?
Where the fuck am I?

“Mason?” I felt my throat was dry and my vision really sucks I must not have my glasses on but his blurry face was easy to see.

“Hey, you’re awake finally.” He says touching my face I shiver under his touch.

“Mase, my head hurts really bad.” I mumble rubbing my arm.

“Maybe you shouldn’t do-“ I felt a bump on my arm “that.”

I wipe my eyes franticly trying to get a clear image, I push myself up only being pulled back down due to the nausea coming over me. I felt Mason leave the room his scent faded away as I hear the door open and shut.

“Clara, do you feel sick?” Hannah’s voice was next to me.

“Just a little it’s nothing really…I did something wrong?” I ask.

"You relapsed." She says a in low voice.

My eyes were burning again, three years of being clean and I fucked up just like that but can’t remember what happen.

"Ha I doubt that come on I've been sober for three years."

"Seriously, Clare. Mason and I found you in an alleyway last night about to shoot up. And you'd already had one."

"But how come I don't remember any of it? I always did before."

"I guess because you've been sober for so long it affected you differently."

"God I feel like shit and a total ass."

"Mason's going to take you home and I'm going o come over every day to check up on you."

"Great now I'll have to be treated like a kid again."

"I'm sorry Clara, but you kind of did this to yourself."

"But I didn't mean to it's not like it was the first thing on my mind."

"But you did it, and we're going to make sure it doesn't happen again."

"I don't want to go home though"

"Why not?"

"Just don't want to."

"But he loves you Clara."

"Not enough to tell the truth, he ruined our friendship."

"No he didn't. If he had I wouldn't be here right now. This just proves nothing can come between us."

"I don't care he shouldn't have sued Trace suborn ass."

"I agree. But Trace isn't your best friend. Even if he is my boyfriend."

"I hate his parents house we get no space at all, and he won't even let me watch Reba where’s the late night entertainment? Nowhere."

"Then why don't you two get a new place?”

"Someone doesn't want to leave mother dearest and he claims houses here cost too much."

"It'll kill him if you tell him you're not going home."

"He already ruin anything I have for him at the moment."

"Don't let this come between you."

"He expects me to just be fucking okay with everything when I'm not and like most southern people he doesn't listen or think for that matter."

"I'll talk to him."

"Before you do um, could you help me to the bathroom I'm not going to throw up in a bucket I always miss."

"That's what I'm here for."

"Good, and don't let him in there just let me know when you two are done."

"Okay. Feel better."

Hannah

"Mason, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, poking my head out of the guest room door. I gave Trace a small smile; he's putting up with a lot right now. He smiled at me halfheartedly in return.

"I'm already in your house," Mason said. "I think you can."

We went back into the guest room. I sat on the bed, and he pulled a chair up to sit across from me.

"What's up?" he asked.

"You need to know how to handle her whe you get her home," I said.

"I'm listening teacher," he said, leaning back.

"You really can't let her out of your sight. Period," I replied.

"I can't do anythign with out her there?" he asked.

"If you want to do something without her, bring her to me."

"She's subborn you know that right? She'll think I'm treating her like a little kid."

"That's just a chance we have to take. She'll have to get over it," I shrugged.

"You seem so sure," he said, sitting up.

"I know Clara. She doesn't want that life anymore. She'll listen," I assured him.

"Yeah well that stupid green hair guy was the one that gave her the stuff."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I frowned.

"If she didn't want that life then she wouldn't have asked him for the stuff and kiss him. She muttered in her sleep."

"She kissed him?" I said increduously.

"Yeah It didn't make me feel any better either," he mumbled.

"Okay, well, let's just forget about that," I said, putting the thought aside. "The only reason she did it was because of the stress we put on her."

"You're the one who slapped her," he said defensively.

"Yes, well, you're the one that lied to her face. Do we really want to get into this?" I said.

"No but you didn't really have to hit her; she was just trying to stop you."

"Yeah, but you didn't have to lie to her. If you hadn't lied to her, she would've called me. Then I wouldn't have gotten upset with her," I argued.

"Mason, please. I am so sick of arguing. Just shut up for two fucking seconds. It's over now. She's relapsed and we need to take care of her. Arguing is not fixing anything," I said.

"Your right sorry. I had to get that off," he apologized.

"Alright. Now, she's going to be sick for a couple of days. You just have to let her get through it," I instructed.

"Eww throw up," he said, scrunching his nose.

"Don't be a baby. She's thrown up on me before."

"Okay, too much information," he said, holding up his hands.

"It's stuff you need to know Mase. Unless you just want me to keep her here," I said.

"I don't know," he said. "It depends on what she wants, right?"

"Yeah, it does," I replied.

"Can't we take turns?" he asked.

"If it's okay with her, sure," I shrugged.

"You think she's done throwing up now?"

"Maybe. She doesn't want you in there, though. I'll have to go by myself."

"Why not?" he asked.

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "She was a lot more forgiving towards me slapping her than she is about you lying."

"Don't rub it in; just get her out of there. I at least need a day with her."

"I'll be right back."

I got up and went to the bathroom. I opened the door and sat on the floor next to her.

"Clara? How're you doing?" I asked.

"Better and more normal," she replied.

"That's good. Mason wants to see you."

"Gah. Great he's probably wanting to say sorry and suck up," she groaned.

"I don't think so. He wanted to blame me for the whole thing."

"Typical. Don't worry Hannah, he'll feel sorry about it all. I just don't know when," she said.

"But it really isn't entirely his fault. I should be blamed, too."

"It was just a slap. By the way I get payback on that; it really hurt," she said, rubbing her cheek.

"Take your shot while your weak," I lauged.

"That's so unfair to say that."

"Oh, come on, you know I'm just playin'," I said, putting my arm around her for a hug.

"I know you are, dork," she said, laughing a little.

"Good. Now go talk to your boyfriend. I think mine might kill me," I said.

"Hahhaa Okay; and I'm sorry for asking you take care of me like that again. I shouldn't have done it," she said apologetically.

"I don't mind taking care of you. Just next time, please make it a hangover," I smiled. She laughed.

"Okay."

We got up and left the bathroom. She went to the guest bedroom to talk to Mason, and I went to talk to my own boyfriend.

I found him sitting on the couch, staring silently at the TV that was currently off. He looked over when he felt me sit next to him. I snuggled up next to him.

"You're not completely ready to kill me yet, are you?" I asked, looking up at his face. His expression softend and he put his arm around me.

"No, you're just being a good friend," he said, kissing me on the head. "That was a pretty big deal. You handled it well."

"I've done it tons of times before. By now it's a second nature," I said, laying my head on his chest. I'd been up all night, and I just realized how tired I was. My eyelids fluttered as I tried to stay awake.

"You tired?" Trace asked, playing with my hair.

"Extremely," I yawned.

"Go to bed, then."

"Can't. I still have to talk to Clara about where she wants to stay," I replied.

"You can talk to them later. Go to bed," he said, pulling me off the couch.

"But Trace, it needs to be done," I said, trying to pull my hand from his. He led me to the door of the guest bedroom and knocked softly.

"Come in," Clara's voice said. He opened the door.

"Hannah really needs to get some sleep. She's stubborn, though and won't do it. Tell her you'll stay until she wakes up."

"Yeah, we'll stay," Clara said.

"See?" Trace said. "Go to bed."

"Come with me?" I pouted. He smiled.

"Okay," he said.

"Oh, and you guys are welcome to sleep, too," he said, poking his head back into the guest room. I pulled him away and up to our room. I took off my pants and crawled into bed. He got in as well and put his arms around me. I was asleep shortly after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check our other Co Write called: Stupid Love Letter
and even our own stories :)