Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Nine

Clara

The next morning I woke up with the sun just getting half into the sky. I run my hands in my hair while Mason’s arms go around me. He kisses my cheek.

“What are you doing up so early?” he asks in a whisper. I smile, turning around facing him.

“I always get up this early. You just always find me back in bed when you wake up,” I say poking his nose. He makes a face.

“I thought after last night you would be passed out.”

I groan, leaning my head against his chest. He rubs my back a little bit.

“I don’t even want to remember last night,” I sighed.

“But we won an award, that was good. Trace just got out of hand.”

“Mas, don’t cover for him he just wanted to act tough.”

He messes with my hair. I look up staring into his dark eyes. God I was head over heels. He smiles, putting a kiss on my forehead.

“Let’s see if our win is on the news yet,” he says, dragging me back to the bed where I was starting to be in more than just nights now.

I grab my glasses while he turns on his TV. I flip my hair out of my eyes and behind my ear seeing E! was playing the Teen Choice awards update. Ryan and that one chick were talking about Miley. Then I notice the next topic.

Are the Metro Station girls Crazy?

“That’s right everyone. Clara and Hannah were caught being very different from their typical bright smile and friendly voices to shouting at lead Singer Trace Cyrus-“

I rush out of the bed room, my eyes watering. I bust into Hannah and Trace’s room. They were sound asleep, even after I busted the damn door like a mad woman. I rush over to Hannah’s side first. I shake her a little. She groans, opening her eyes, dizzy for a second but then realizes it’s me.

“You guys might want to come to Mason’s room,” I say with a serious tone.

“For what Zombie?” she asks, groaning. I know she hates me for keeping her up this early.

“The media got what they wanted thanks to your fuck buddy!” I shout making Trace wake up. He glares rubbing his eye.

“Clara, what the fuck it’s like early.”

“He’s not my ‘fuck buddy’ Clara, he’s my boyfriend.”

Seriously what is with people defending Trace?

I roll my eyes, grabbing her arm. She punches Trace; he glares again.

‘Hurry up and get in there,” I grunt.

“Come on Trace, get out of bed,” she says, holding onto me for a moment before getting her balance.

Mason looks as we enter in room. He turns up the TV making the new even worse.

“Clara Zombie, former drug addict and strong atheist, shouted at Trace after he asked about why she didn’t believe in God. She responded saying her mother was insane, which we found out was a true fact. Her mother did go insane. So does the trait fall in the family?” Ryan asked. The chick looks at him.

“Mason? Can they get into information like that about me?” I ask grabbing his hand tightly.

“I don’t think they're suppose to, I’ll call our manager,” he says going for his cell phone.

Hannah hits Trace in the chest; he winces, staring back at her.

“I told you to drop it Trace, now everyone is going to think Clara is crazy,” she says looking over at me. I pull my knees to my chest. Mason puts his arm around me.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know media was around,” he says looking over at me.

“Guys I don’t think their done with us just yet,” Mason points to the screen.

“What about Hannah and Trace fighting? They claim it’s nothing serious but are they just saying that for the fans or is the Hawaii love is fading away for the love birds?” she says.

“How the hell could they twist our relationships into the biggest world ending news?” Trace asks. He and Hannah stare at each other in shock.

“Nothing is fading away though,” Hannah whispers. Her voice was cracking. Trace kisses her forehead.

“I know; it’s a normal couple thing we have our moments.”

“Mason Musso seemed to be a lot more unfit than the last time we saw them back in 2007 with their hit shake it. Is Metro Station already at its fall?”

The segment ended like that. I look over at Mason, his eyes trying to hide the fact he was hurt by it. I lean into his ear.

“I love you just the way you are Mason, don’t listen to the crap.”

We both jump, hearing Trace hit the wall. His face was clearly pissed off.

“What the hell are they talking about? That’s ridiculous.”

“Is it isn’t it?”

“I think we need to talk to our manger,” I announce.

Hannah

After meeting with our manager, it was decided that he was going to call E! and have a little discussion with the producers. As I lay alone in the bedroom I shared with Trace, I couldn't help but secretly worry that the media was right.

Is the relationship I have with Trace fading away? We haven't really been the same ever since we left Hawaii. Tears unwillingly fell from my eyes as the thoughts kept rushing into my head.

The door opened and Trace walked in. I tried unsuccessfully to hide the fact that I was crying. He rushed to my side, cradling me in his arms.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asked, concern filling his voice.

"Is the media right about us?" I asked through my tears.

"What? No, of course not. Why would you say that?"

"Because we haven't been the same since we left Hawaii. I don't know how to explain it. Everything's just different," I replied.

"Of course it's different," he said. "We're in a relationship now. We're not just sneaking around so we can have sex anymore. It's not all going to be fun and games."

"The media saw what they wanted to see," he continued. "They only saw one moment in our relationship, and they ran with it."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I said, smiling. He hugged me tightly and kissed me on the head. We walked out to where Mason and Clara were sitting in the kitchen. Clara looked mad, as she had all day.

"Come on Clara, cheer up," I said. She glared at me.

"That's easy for you to say. All you've got to deal with is a little bump in the road in your relationship. Millions of people now think I'm insane," she said.

"Clara, I'm sorry. I really am," Trace said, apologizing for the millionth time.

"No you aren't Trace," she said. "You're just a jerk who only cares about yourself and the girls you fuck."

Anger boiled up inside me.

"Stop giving him such a hard time Clara. You don't see what I see," I said.

"I'm glad I don't, because I think I'd get sick," she replied.

"Clara, I know what he did last night wasn't the best thing in the world, but he is a person. He makes mistakes just like the rest of us."

"That was not a mistake. I don't need the whole world to know about my family. I've kept that private since ever! Now it's all out in the open thanks to him. There, now I'm done," she said.

"I'm not. I understand you're upset about the media finding out. But you signed on for this when you joined the band. You're a celebrity. This shit's bound to happen," I argued

"That wasn't suppose to happen though and you know it . I know shit is going to happen because I'm famous, but that was too far."

"Do you not think it's hard on us too? The whole world thinks we're all fucking insane," I said angrily.

"I know...I'm sorry okay?" she sighed.

"Apologize to Trace, not me," I said, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry Trace," she said, not looking at him.

"It's okay Clara. I can understand why you'd be so upset," he said.

"I shouldn't be blaming anyone. It was the wrong place and time. Can we just get this fixed before I have to get an interview? My parents are probably going to call and bitch me out."

Just then, Mason's phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered. "Yeah, hold on Chris, let me put you on speaker."

He opened his phone and layed it on the table.

"Okay guys," our manager's voice said. "I called E! and told them that if they didn't change the report, we would sue them. They're going to fix it on a special airing in a few minutes."

"Thanks so much Chris," Clara said.

"No problem Zombie," he said. "And Trace?"

"Yeah Chris?" Trace said.

"Stop saying stupid stuff."

We all had to laugh at that comment. Chris hung up and Mason closed his phone. At that moment, Clara's phone rang.

"Hello?" she said. Loud yelling could be heard from the other end.

"Calm down, mom. We called our manager and he called E! They're going to retract their statement," she said into the speaker. She listened for a moment.

"Okay, bye," she said, hanging up. She gave us a look that meant no questions were to be asked.

"I wonder what they'll say?" Clara said.

"Who knows? But if it's something stupid, they'll have me to deal with. Screw worrying with lawyers," I said.

"I feel sorry for those guys if they screw up," Mason said, getting up from the table. We followed him into the living room and he turned on the TV to E!

"Earlier today we made a report about the members of the popular band Metro Station," Ryan Seacrest was saying. "We stated in an earlier report that the mother of the band's drummer, Clara Zombie, was insane. This statement is not true."

"We realized looking back on our footage that Zombie never said her mother was insane. She implied that her mother had been sick," Giuliana said. "We're sorry for our mistake."

Theyended the segment and Mason shut the TV off.

"Notice they didn't say anything about our fighting. Or Mason's state of fitness," Trace said.

"Our relationship problems and Mason's 'state of fitness' were the least of our worries, babe," I said.

"You're right," he said.

"Dude, it's like, nine in the morning and I haven't had anything to eat yet," Clara said. "Let's go get something."

We all agreed and we left the house for breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clara wrote her point of view, and I wrote mine.