It's A Small World

Prologue

It was dark. A cold wind swept through the town, bringing with it the clammy morning air. He readjusted his trench coat, lifting the collar up to cover the back of his neck. Grass stuck to his converse shoes as he walked through the dew covered field. He stopped when he reached the corner of Johnston and Stuart Avenue and pulled back his sleeve to view the time. Half three. He was early.

He pulled off his backpack and set it down in front of him. Kneeling, he unbuckled the bag and rifled through it's contents looking for something. He found it right at the bottom, his Sub-Etha wristband, and pulled it out, bringing with it half the contents of the bag. Cursing, he gathered up his belongings and repacked them, not taking any care to do it neatly.

He stood up again, swinging his bag back onto his back. He wasn't a very tall man, only about five foot seven, but his thin gangly body type made him look taller. His hair was mousey brown in colour and scruffy like he had just gotten out of bed. His face, usually warm and filled with colour was pale and cold this morning. It was the weather that was doing it to him. As well as the worry brought about by what would happen if he missed his ride...

Attaching his Sub-Etha wristband to his wrist, he looked up at the nights sky. The sky was laden with stars, glistening, begging him to come to them. He scanned the sky quickly for any glimpse of his ride. He couldn't see it yet, but the beeping coming from his wristband meant that it was close.

Then he noticed it. To the ordinary human it would have just looked like a star, a little bit brighter than the rest, but nonetheless a star. But to him it was his way out of here. It was his way off of this planet that he had been stranded on for twenty odd years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just testing