Status: Finished: May 23, 2010.

The Dream Isn't Done

a nuptial

Dancing in the dark, middle of the night.
Taking your heart and holding it tight.
Emotional touch, touching my skin, and asking you to do
What you've been doing all over again.


ImageImageImage

“You look stunning.”

I looked over my shoulder to see Alexandre standing behind me. “Alex!” I gasped, turning around. “You’re not supposed to be here.”

“Neither are you,” he remarked, taking a step closer to me. “Your mum’s inside the church losing her mind. She’s looking for you.”

I let out a small sigh before walking over to my fiancée. I had left my family and friends inside the small church to have some time to myself.

I had found a gazebo a few feet away from the church garden that I had taken solace in. I had never felt such a strange string of emotions before. I was restless, nervous and anxious, yet at the same time I had never been more excited. Things were finally settling down. After eight years together, Alex and I were finally getting married. We were finally going to exchange our vows and live together as man and wife. Our days of traveling and experiencing the sights of the world were behind us.

I slipped my hands into Alex’s and smiled up at him. “Hi,” I murmured.

Alex chuckled softly. “Hey,” he whispered back. “You really do look absolutely beautiful, Quinn.”

I felt a blush creep into my cheeks as I pulled my eyes from Alex’s deep brown ones. “Thanks.”

“I mean it,” he said to me, raising a hand and tracing the contours of my face with his finger. “I would love to know what angel smiled down on me the day I met you.”

“Stop it,” I told him, still unable to keep a smile from forming at his cheesy words. “Could you be anymore cliché?”

“Yes.”

Alex walked behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He rested his head on my shoulder as I was enveloped with the overwhelming scent of clean and Alex’s body spray. I tilted my head against his, closing my eyes.

“Blackburn.”

“What?” Alexandre chuckled. “What about it?”

I turned in Alex’s arms to face him. “Last week, you asked me where I wanted to live after all this wedding craziness was over. I didn’t have an answer for you then, but I’ve got one now. Blackburn. I would love to live near Blackburn .”

Alex propped his forehead against mine and was silent for a moment as he mulled over my choice. He finally nodded. “Okay,” he agreed. “Okay. After Canberra, we take a detour through and look for a house.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah,” he confirmed. I sighed and smiled, resting against Alex. “Why Blackburn?”

I let out a small chuckle. “Not Blackburn exactly, just around there. Don’t you remember driving through the English countryside? All those cottages scattered outside the town? I love it, Alex. It’s just like something out of a novel.”

“Okay.” Alexandre pressed his lips to the side of my head. “Alright then. England it is. I can see our kids running through the fields out there already.”

“Kids?” I pulled away from Alex, still unable to keep the smile from my face. “Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. Let’s get through this wedding first, okay?”

“Fair enough.” Alex grinned, taking my hand and pulling me down the steps of the gazebo. “Speaking of the wedding, it’s time we get back. Your mum will think you’ve run off and left me.”

I stepped closer to Alex, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my body against his. “Never,” I told him. “You’re stuck with me, Alex. I’m not going anywhere.”

Pressing his lips to mine, Alex murmured, “good.”

Pushing his wavy, dark brown hair from his eyes, I scolded, “this is where you say you’ll never leave me either.”

Pulling a smile on his face, Alex replied, “Okay, okay. I’m never going to leave you.”

I gave Alex a quick kiss before following him back to the church. Maybe it was the pre-wedding jitters, but there was something nagging in the back of my mind at the look that passed through Alexandre’s eyes as he made the promise to me. I couldn’t put my finger on what it was, but it wasn’t a look that comforted me. Something was going on with Alex, that much I was sure of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Icon Credit 1
Icon Credit 2

Lyric Credit:

Thanks to the following users for commenting on the last chapter:
C V.D P
loverfayce.
randy orton.
brookiekillskittens
munchy; (Thank you for the review.)
Chelsea Dannielle xo
JohnnyCash
Electric Goat (x2)
XlooseXyourselfX
its1a2secret3
EverRose
silk tea.
AccidentlyAaden (x3)
Jinxeh (Thanks for the kind words.)
roxymeXkitty

So, I love this chapter. Why, you might ask? Because of the chapter that's going to follow it. You readers have no idea how excited I am for the next chapter. For serious.

Seriously.

I'm freaking out here :)