Status: Chapters and layout up soon!

Dying to Tell

he'd start.

"How many more!?" complained Andy. We were having auditions for another guitarist and they were bad. One guy was a beginner. He played each note carefully, one at a time. Another was shredding like a mad man. The rest were thrown in between.

I rolled my eyes in disappointment. We had about 12 or 13 guys left. I decided to narrow it down. "If you apply to following, leave now. Been arrested. Over 20 years old. Under 15 years old. Drinks and/or smokes." I was about to continue but someone cleared their throat. I looked up from the makeshift checklist I had made to see that there was only one left. It sucked just a little. I really wanted to see that old guy shred a guitar. "Hi, I'm Patrick."

"I'm Joe. Nice to meet you." I nodded and brought him over to the guys.

"This is Joe. Joe this is Pete and Andy." I gestured to everyone and then settled back in my seat.

After plugging into the amp, Joe looked up. His short brown hair was a definite contrast to his eyes and made them glisten with- I mean, he looked Jewish. "What should I play?"

We threw out songs for about 20 minutes before realizing he was the one. "Welcome to the band!" screamed Pete over the speakers. The music cut off and we were all very suddenly wrapped in a hug. After pulling away, we all stood and individually hugged him. "Come back here next Saturday and we'll get started."

"Okay. Thanks again so much. I can't wait to get my twenty back." We never found out what he was talking about. But after that day, we didn't seem to care.

&&

That night, I couldn't eat dinner. I didn't feel hungry, I finished my homework early, there was nothing on TV. I decided to just go up on my roof.

I stared at the stars for the longest time until I went back into my room to grab a pencil and some paper.

I was up all night writing lyrics. I finally clocked in at 3 something. I threw the notebook on my floor and jumped onto my twin bed.