Happiness Is Forever

But It Was

Mikey would sit in his room reading over his letter. Day after day, waiting for her to pop up shouting, “Surprise!”. But she never didn’t.

Dear Mikey,
Babe, you are way too stressed out. I don’t want you to be upset because I will be back when I can. Remember how I used to be in the Army? So I could pay for College? Well I am going back, don’t worry I will be fine. I love you, and I love all the boys. I promise I’ll be back in a little bit.
I love you,
Ekaterina Skobrev.


Frank was in shambles. He hadn’t touched the Pop tarts and he wouldn’t let anyone throw them out. Bob had tried once and if Frankie had any more strength he would have given Bob a black eye. No one would share their letter with Mikey except Gerard.

Dear Gerard,
Your brother and you, and all the guys mean so much to me, but for now I think you guys need a break. I have been on tour with you guys for too long and we are all stressed out. So I am joining the Army again, I emailed my Captain and he said I could go back in less than two weeks. I am so excited, I miss it back there. Please don’t hate me for it. I’ll still be back when I can.
Love,
Sunshine


It had been two months since she had been shipped off. Mikey went to the site she had left on the back of Gerard’s letter.

“Private Skobrev is one of the most amazing women we have seen here, and she has suck skill, we are proud to have her join us again. She joined the force when she was eighteen and stayed on for three years. She then went to college to become a Nurse. Now, after seven years, she is coming back and serving in Iraq...” Mikey couldn’t read on.

Gerard’s phone could be heard from Mikey’s bunk and when it went off, it sent shivers down his back. A few minutes later, Gerard came into the bunk.

“Mikey, put the laptop for a minute, I have something to tell you.” Gerard’s face was pale, ghost like and it frightened Mikey. He did as instructed. “Mikey, there was a raid of Ekaterina’s troops base. Mikey, Ekaterina died...” Gerard kept talking but Mikey had stopped listening. It couldn’t be true. But it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subcribe. Trust me, it gets better.