Happiness Is Forever

Technically, I'm Dead.

“So, why don’t you look like yourself? Your hair is straight and you’re darker. Plus you are taller...” Gerard didn’t stop staring at her. Ekaterina didn’t mind. It was a lot to take in. It had taken at least three weeks to get where she was.

“Because this isn’t me,” Ekaterina sighed. Gerard made a face but she didn’t let him ask any questions.

“When I was shot, my parents asked the doctors if there was anything they could do. And you know my parents a very wealthy, well so did the doctors. They told my parents about a Brain Transplant that was available.” Ekaterina sighed.

“But how do you look like you?” he asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

“You remember when my cousin Natalya died last year? Well she was cryogenically frozen. I’m not really in my body. I’m in my cousins.” Ekaterina sighed again.

“So you are alive?” Gerard asked his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Technically, I am dead. The body and heart of Ekaterina Skobrev is dead. But my mind is alive.”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to go see Mikey. I love him and I can’t handle being without him.” Ekaterina gave Gerard a quizzical look. Why wouldn’t she go see him?

“But you left him, broke his heart, died, and it all killed him.” Gerard stated, obviously frustrated.

“I’m the one who died. And I told him I’d come back. I promised. I left because you guys needed time just as a band. Without me and with each other. ” Ekaterina felt tears brimming.

“But you can’t.” Gerard said softly.

“Yes I can, and you can’t stop me!” Ekaterina screamed, jumping out of her seat and grabbing her pea coat. She pulled out some money and threw it on the table. Spinning on her heel, she waltzed out of the store in anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost a subscriber. :( That's never happened. Please subscribe and comment.