It's Pouring Rain, And I'm Dancing.

Savior.

Cold rain pounded on my back as I trudged through the last few blocks to home. A chill ran down my spine as the feeling of being followed seeped through my bones. The one who was pursuing me knew to keep a safe distance, so when I looked behind I would not be able to see them through the rain.

But then again, woh would be following me in this weather? The insane even had enough sense to stay inside tonight. No one was behind me, I was just being paranoid.

No matter how much I reassured myself, I still felt stalked. I turned a sharp corner onto my block and sprinted the rest of the way to my place so as to loose my paranoia. Strangely, it worked.

I hastily pulled my key out of my pocket, moving my shaking fingers quickly to open the door. "There's nothing to be afraid of, Lance." I reminded myself as I unlocked my door and slowly opened the door.

The lights were on like I had left them. My brother wasn't home because none of his stuff was by the door so I was alone.

Now that the feeling was gone I felt happy to be alone, to have some peace for once. I dried off and got into some sweats and a T-shirt. I started a fire in the fireplace and went to sit by the couch infront of the fireplace.

I took out one of the many of the books I had been meaning to finish ages ago and began where I had left off.

----

My eyes searched the darkness as the falling rain drenched my clothes and made it's way to my skin. I had lost him again and this time I had a feeling I wouldn't find him, he was my one chance at survival.

I began to shake as I felt the warm, familar, labored breath on my neck as he reached to grab my arms. "There you are, Sweetheart, I've been looking for you everywhere."

I gulped and waited for him to get angry. I felt his hands tighten around me. "I don't know why you always ru away, I give you everything! You never thank me for anything, you selfish little brat!"

He began to drag me away towards his house that I had once called my home.

------

I had dozed off and was woken again when I felt the absence of the blanket I had had over me, I guess I had pushed it off myself accidentilly.

My eyes wandered over to the window where the rain had lightened up alittle, but not much. There was still thunder and lightening but atleast it didn't look like it was pouring anymore.

I looked alittle closer at what was outside when a flash of lightening streaked across the sky and what I saw surprised me. The person in the white dress I had seen before was huddled up against my neighbor's great oak tree in their front yard. I grabbe my coat and slipped back into my shoes.

I ran outside into the rain and toward the cowering body by the tree. Pulling the fragile figure into my arms, I ran back to the door to find shelter for the girl.

When I got her inside I laid her down on my couch, where I had been previously and ran back up stairs for comfortable clothes and a towel.

When I cam back down I looked at her more closely. She had black, curly looking hair, but I might have been wrong because she was drenched. Her eyes were the color of emeralds and red lips. I then noticed her condition, she many bruises all over her and there was blood standing out on her white dress.

I quickly put the clothes next to her on the couch and inspected her wound. My father was a doctor so I had picked some things up.

"Take off the dress." I demanded, not thinking about what I was saying. I saw her eyes widen out of the corner of my eye.

"Please, I have to look at your ingury." I said more calmly now. She nodded and pulled the dress up so I could see her stomach. She was very thin, her ribs where visible through her skin. A gash lay along her stomach.

I pressed the towel to it, I had to stop the bleeding. "I have to get you to the hospital."

"No!" She yelled. A terrified look came across her face.

"But you need to, your hurt." I pleaded. Why would she be afraid of the hospital?

"No, please, the blood is stopping. I'll be fine." She said quickly.

I sighed and shrugged. "Fine." I knew how to give her stitches so I guess she didn't have to go since I had everything here.

I got the first-aid-kit my dad had gotten my brother and I for emergencies out of the bathroom and sat back down infront of her. "This is going to hurt." I warned.

I began the procedure and saw her bite her lip as a few tears escaped her eyes. After I had cleaned everything up I came back to ask her a few questions but she was already asleep and changed into the clothes I had brought.

I laid down on the floor by the couch and let myself drift off again.

-----

When I woke up I imdietely looked at the couch for the girl, but she, and her dress, was gone without a trace. I began to doubt that what I had seen was real but when I went into the bathroom I saw the bloodstained towel sitting on the sink.

I had to find her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry!