The New Art Teacher

Chapter 1

3rd Person throughout this story
Chapter 1
A class of 30 Australians chattered to each other about who the new Art teacher would be. The art room had timber shelves and filing cabinents lined around on his walls filled with brushes, stacks of papers, and other art associated items. The walls were covered in swirl designs of different colours, the background a deep purple, not dissimilar to The Black Parade artwork.

This term focused on drawing in comic book style. Many students were very excited when Mr Tangerine, the principal, a stick-like, suit-clad man with greying hair, told them this awesome piece of news, but soon quieted down when they realised that Mrs Salamander would not be teaching them. She was in hospital because of blood poisoning caused by burns she got on her calves.
A replacement teacher was located, and the new mentor would be revealed at the very first Art lesson of Term 4, which belonged to a Year 11 class, 11 B, made up of 16 girls and 14 boys. All but one was 16 or 17 years old. The class shut up and stood up respectably as Mr Tangerine strode into the classroom. They sat down again, the feet of chairs scraping the linoleum floor. The principal wasted no time.

“11 B. Welcome your new art teacher. It is a huge honour to have him teaching our school. He has written an Eisner winning comic book called The Umbrella Academy.”
The class drew in a gasp. Winning the Eisner Award was basically winning the Oscars in comic books. But already almost all of the class knew who it was. Shrieks and fan screams flitted around the room ,and Mr Tangerine glared his disapproval at the individual offenders, who all withered under his gaze.

“He is also the vocalist in a band called My Chemical Romance. He has just finished recording his new album, so we managed to hire him. Mrs Salamander will be able to return by beginning of next year, so he going to stay until the end of this term. He has flown all the way from America to Sydney to teach you.” Some students booed MCR, but the people who sat next to them slapped them in the face. About 4 students had bruised right cheeks for the rest of the day.

“11 B. Welcome Mr Gerard Way.” He gestured to the side of the room. The classroom door opened softly, and a Converse shoe stepped through the doorway. Whimpers of excitement echoed throughout the class. A slim black, skinny jean- clad leg came after, followed by the other leg. Then they saw him as a whole as he casually strolled to the desk in front of the class.

“Over to you Mr Way.” Mr Tangerine handed the burden of 30 teenagers to Gerard and he walked out, shutting the door gently behind him with a snap!

“O...k...” Gerard stood awkwardly in front of the class as they appraised his fashion and his body. He looked dishevelled in handsome sort of way, with his tight My Chemical Romance t-shirt portraying The Black Parade emphasized his chest and his slight muscles in his arms. The denim jeans seemed to make his slender legs look even longer then they were. He had tied his hair back into a ponytail, although he let some hair fall to frame his face. The look worked really well for him, although on other people it looked horrible.
Overall almost everyone in the class wanted to...

While everyone was checking him out, Gerard began to introduce himself.

“Hello everyone. My name is Gerard Way. You may know me from My Chemical Romance. I am the vocalist. But now my job is to be your temporary art teacher.” Appreciative laughter spread around the room.
“I am 32, I am married, so please don’t try to hit on me. I feel flattered if you try, but I won’t accept your offers.”
“I love you!” a random voice screamed from the back row. The class started to get rowdy.
“Thank you... to whoever said that.” He thanked, feeling slightly creeped out. A boy stood up at the very back and shouted,
“You’re welcome Gerard.” He blew a kiss.
Gerard shook his head at the bizarre behaviour of the class. He wondered if coming here was a good choice, Lindsey had encouraged him to ‘explore the world when you have a chance’.
The boy sat back down and the two boys to either side of him, probably his friends, pounded him on the back.
“Please take out your Visual Art diaries please.” Bags were opened and closed, and various books were slammed onto desks.
“Let’s get stuck into it” Gerard pulled out a pencil and fished out a giant pad from his bag. He propped up an A3 diagram of basic shadowing of comic figures, which the students started to copy.’
The scratching of lead on sketch paper was magnified by 29 times.
Gerard had just noticed a boy in the front row who was not doing what he was told. He was wearing the school uniform, a short sleeved polyester shirt with the school crest and short black pants, badly, with crooked tie and ruffled collar. Gerard stalked over to him and bent to his level. The boy’s chin was on his chest, and long black hair flopped over forward so Gerard couldn’t see his face.

“Hey” The boy did not respond. Gerard gently shook his shoulder. The boy stirred. The rest of the class giggled and some wished that they were him.

“Wake up” Gerard whispered into the boy’s ear. The boy shook his head a little to shake away the grogginess. Then he cussed as he realised where he had fallen asleep. Mr Tangerine said that the new art teacher would come today. Who was waking him up? Had the teacher come already? The boy yawned loudly, stretching out his arms. He flicked his hair out of his face, and looked, no, drank in the face of his idol, Gerard Way.
*~~~~~~*
♠ ♠ ♠
Third story in 3 days.
Hope you like it.
R&R please