Sequel: Long Distance.
Status: finished - sequel up.

Trophy Eyes.

three: slumber party.

Jack’s idly rustling through his locker with one hand. He’s taking a drink from the bottle in his free hand when Andrew decides to accost him.

“I’ve got something to tell you.” Andrew smirks, rocking back and forth on his feet.

“Do tell.” Jack replies, swallowing the water in his mouth and taking another drink.

“Alex Gaskarth thinks you’re cute.” Andrew answers, an open mouthed grin gracing his thin lips.

Jack splutters, water getting stuck in his throat. He tries desperately to swallow it down before glaring at Andrew.

“What?” He hisses incredulously.

“Truth. May told me that Joe told her that Alex told him so on Saturday.”

“Say that again, in English.”

“Alex told Joe that he thinks you’re cute.”

“Well, that was assisted suicide.”

“I know, right?”

Aled appears from around the corner, a smaller, dark-haired boy in tow and a backpack flung over one shoulder.

“Guys, this is Daniel.” Aled says breathlessly, the boy beside him waving feebly at Andrew and Jack “He’s in my math class.”

Jack nods at the newcomer and then turns back to Andrew.

“Tell Aled.” He instructs; Andrew raises his hands in surrender.

“Okay, sheesh.” He says, looking at the Welsh boy “Alex Gaskarth thinks Jack’s cute.”

Aled stifles a laugh, but Daniel looks from Andrew to Jack in shock.

“Seriously? Damn, that boy is hot.” He says. Jack smiles gently.

“I know, that’s why I don’t believe him.”

Aled gives up trying to hold back his laugh and receives a glare from Jack.

“Sorry, man. Who told you that piece of bull?” Aled asks Andrew.

“His sister. Who heard it from his brother. Who heard it from Alex himself.”

“Wow.” Aled says, sucking in a breath and glancing at Jack “Maybe he’s not bluffing.”

*

It’s at a slumber party Andrew decides to host that night that he, Aled, Jack and Daniel discuss all things Alexander William Gaskarth.

“Do you think he’s actually interested in you? I mean, I always thought he was with Hayley.” Daniel says from his position on Andrew’s bedroom floor, Aled pressed against his side.

“So did I.” Aled interjects.

“He’s only with Hayley when he’s high. They’re like drug buddies or something. And they only look together because the drugs they do make them highly sexed or something.” Jack explains.

“Because that’s not stalkerish at all.” Andrew mutters from behind his laptop, shrinking away as Jack leans over to smack him upside the head.

“So you do like him, then?” Aled asks, looking for a clue in Jack’s eyes.

Jack thinks for a long time before he answers the Welsh boy.

“Yeah. I guess I do.”

Aled and Daniel make a strange noise from the back of their throats that sounds annoyingly like an ‘awwh.’

Jack glares at them both but makes no attempt at attacking them.

“Ordinarily I’d just tell you to ask him on a date but I can already see that won’t work.” Andrew interrupts.

“Thanks for that useless idea, Andrew. Thanks a bunch.”

*

By the end of the night, Aled and Daniel have fallen asleep on each other. Andrew takes the opportunity to steal Aled’s camera and take a few incriminating photos of the two of them as they slept.

Daniel’s head was resting between Aled’s jaw and his shoulder, arms tight around his waist. Aled’s nuzzling against Daniel’s hair, fingers closed tight around the folds in his shirt. They looked too damn adorable not to blackmail.

Jack lets Andrew photograph the pair of them before draping them in a few hoodies and attempting to get comfortable on the floor himself.

Andrew lies down beside him, after switching off the lights, and falls asleep within minutes. Jack moves closer to him, trying to steal some of the elder boy’s warmth.

He decides, in his half asleep state, that he’s going to talk to Alex in the morning. It’s probably not his wisest decision.

*

He’s rudely awakened the next morning by Aled and Daniel.

“Andrew, you git!” Aled laughs, flicking through the most recent five photos on his camera. Jack feels Andrew stand up beside him and follows suit.

“What?” Andrew snickers “You looked too cute!"
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, I threw in another character. yay Daniel. ::tehe: