Status: I think I may take this down... not sure yet.

Hope Forgotten

Chapter 5

When we reached the house I looked around us, the place was deserted at least a mile all around. Matt must have noticed me looking, "People avoid this place," he chuckled darkly, "they fear the great rath of 'Synyster Gates'. "

My lip curled upward at the name. I had always hated the guys nicknames. They were the most feared men in the kingdom; Shadows, Vengeance, Gates, Plague, and Christ. Please compared to the person I have become, they were all a bunch of butterflies.

"Has he become cruel?" I ask walking to my door. Glancing over my shoulder I see Matt chuckling.
"He is not cruel, he is a dictator." he growled. I said nothing, just nodded my head.

Taking a deep breath I grabbed the door handle, twisting it slowly, it opened. I smiled, breathing again, not realizing I had stopped. As soon as I stepped over the thresh hold, I felt the magic barrier surge, sending a shockwave out from the house. I heard Matt laugh still on the porch.

"Are you going to stand out there all night Matthew, or are you going to come inside?" I smirked.
"I'm coming, don't rush me woman." His deep laugh booming.

How I missed my home, flicking the switch, I saw nothing had changed. Nothing except me.

Brian's POV

How I hated her.
My wife.
I hated her, I do so wish that she would stop talking.
I felt as if my head would explode if she didn't stop.
Sighing I got out of bed.
Pulling on my boxers that had been discarded earlier.

Their wad a knock at the door.
"What do you want." she barked from the bed. How I hated her.
A slave girl stuck her head in the door, keeping her eyes on the floor.
"Well then speak up." I snapped impatiently.
The girl said nothing, she merely stuck out her arm.
Her right arm, which held a mark.
Her mark.
The mark of the woman I betrayed.
It glowed red.
"She has returned master." the girl whispered.
I was frozen, I couldn't do or say anything.
The girl without so much as another word, pulled down her sleeve and left the room.

"Well?" the vile creature in my bed asked, "What did that peasant want?"
Could her voice be any higher pitched.
"She has returned," I whispered walking to the closet.
"Who?" she sneered, letting me know she knew exactly who I was talking about.
"Your sister." I replied, dressing, and leaving the room before she could reply.

I had made it down the hall when her screech filled the air.
I hate my wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for sticking with me.
XOXO
Aliyah