Status: May be slow to update. Concentrating on other stories.

Werewolf.

Coming to Terms.

My eyes flickered open and I felt my cheek rub against the rough carpet as I moved to balance on all fours. Sammy was still screaming at me but her voice sounded faint. My whole body was shaking. I must have fainted.

"Shit." she cried, her hands flat against my back. "Roger? Can you hear me? Are you alright?"

I dug my fingers into the carpet and tensed the muscles in my back. Through the fear, I felt a tinge of familiar annoyance at the mention of my birth name, Roger. My stomach turned and I stooped my head, pressing my face against the carpet again to fight off the nausea. I swallowed hard and shot her a dark look.

"Rogue. Not Roger." I barked out, clenching my teeth when another roll of nausea hit me.

I'd killed someone. I had killed an innocent woman. Well, not entirely innocent but she hadn't done anything to me. Unprovoked. I'd murdered her in cold blood. A gruesome mental image threw itself into my mind and unable to control myself, I wretched at the sight. There was blood - lots of it - and Annette Watkins stared at me with wide, glassy eyes. How did I do that to her? Why was every damn thing so sketchy?

"Okay, Rogue." Sammy said soothingly. "Can you stand now? I could get you a drink or something...maybe phone an ambulance?"

For once, her voice was free from the usual gleeful taunts. Nothing but a serious, responsible Sammy.

In silent answer, I rocked forward to build momentum to stand. I wobbled a bit when I was on my feet but Sammy stood by my side, her arms secured tightly around my shoulders. She helped me back onto the settee and pressed a clammy hand to my forehead.

"Your temperature feels normal. Rogue, what's wrong?"

I didn't want to talk to her, I didn't want to have to lie because I knew that that was where it was going to end up. I knew the answer to her question though; everything had started to go wrong after I was attacked by that - that wolf thing. I raked my fingers roughly through my hair and tugged hard. The police would somehow find out I was involved, they'd see some CCTV footage or something - shit, did our flats even have CCTV? - and I'll be arrested. I'll be locked away forever and the look on Sammy's face if she ever found out I was a killer...

"That's it. I'm calling your Mum." she said defiantly, stepping away from me to reach for the phone.

I moved so fast, I beat her to the phone table. Sammy had barely taken a step away from the settee yet I was already across the room from her, shielding the phone behind my body. I breathed in a shuddering breath, deciding to worry about my freakish ability to move like lightning another time. Sammy stared at me and half turned back to where I had sat seconds before, her mouth hanging open in surprise.

"How did you - ?" she began but stopped to look at the settee.

"Don't phone my parents. Please. Anything." I begged, cautiously moving away from the phone with my hands up, palms facing her. As if I were unknowingly assuring her of my harmlessness.

She cocked her head at me, her eyes falling briefly on the phone. After an agonising moment of tension, her body relaxed and she nodded as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Alright. One condition: tell me what happened."

That was a deal breaker, if ever I heard one. I rolled my eyes at her in frustration, dragging a hand over my face as I did.

"I can't do that." I said simply.

She glared, her eyes narrowing into slits. "Why not?"

"Because I can't."

"Why, though? I thought I was your best friend." she said, hurt and angry.

"You are, Sammy. Of course you are. I just can't - "

"Then tell me." she insisted, moving closer to me. Her face was red and splotchy, her fists were pushed into her hips.

"I don't want - " I tried again but she cut across me.

"Rogue, tell me. Why won't you tell me?"

"BECAUSE I'M FUCKING ASHAMED!" I roared, losing all patience and wrenching myself away from her so I wouldn't do anything stupid.

Who knows what I'm capable of anymore.

She quietened down, stumbling back from my pacing form. I immediately felt remorse and forced myself to calm down. I turned to her and widened my eyes, pleading for her forgiveness.

"I'm sorry, Sammy. You can't know. It's for the best." I said, opening my arms in a peace offering.

She side-stepped me. That stung.

The pain must have shown on my face because her expression softened and she shook her head sadly. My arms still hovered pathetically in the air, waiting for a hug that wasn't going to come.

"We used to tell each other everything. How can I help when you won't tell me?" she mumbled, walking resolutely past me to her bedroom.

I heard the door snap shut and remained frozen where I was, arms still raised like a moronic-looking statue. Music pumped loudly from her room and I turned robotically towards the television. The news reports were still on and I hurriedly switched it off, staring at myself in the black screen.

A crash echoed throughout the flat and looked at Sammy's door. Great. She was really pissed off at me.

I approached her door slowly and after a moments hesitation, tapped on it lightly with my knuckles. The music suddenly halted and I knew she was listening.

"Come on, Sam. Don't break your stuff. You'll just get annoyed about it later." I said softly, grinning a little at the wooden door. Inside the room, I could hear her walking back and forth.

"If you come out now, I'll make tea. I'll make that curry that you like." I offered, knowing she would find it hard to resist.

The pacing stopped.

"And the cheesecake?" came her muffled, slightly hopeful voice.

My smile widened. "Yeah...and the cheesecake."

Her door cracked open and she came face to face with me. Once more, I opened my arms and this time, she stepped into them.

"I hate you. But at the same time, I love your epic curries." she grumbled into my chest. "You will tell me what happened today, Rogue.

I sighed. "I suppose I don't have a choice when it comes to you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. I haven't updated this in donkey's years but here you are. I thought it might be nice to write a new chapter for it.