The Colors Of Your Life

Anger is thy name, and your color is red.

Getting to work late you hope you can sneak in unnoticed but you were never that lucky… The timecard punched you in six minutes tardy, but six minutes of happiness at hearing your daughters first words was worth it. They can dock you for it for all you care, and knowing the boss like you do, he will, as he‘s done many times before…

So it was no surprise at lunchtime when you’re called into the back. Fully ready to accept the consequences you walk in with your head held high and take a seat across from the pitifully overweight man who makes his earnings on your labor.

As expected the lecture begins once the door is shut. The company has rules, the rules are there for a reason, there are no exceptions. This is not the first time you have been late, and even though you can promise it wont be your last, you both know that’s simply not true, so you don’t even bother.

He’s fully aware of your situation but he has no sympathy, and how could he? He’s not a 19 year old girl alone, struggling to keep her head above water, he’s nearing 50 and from what you know, married, although it’s a mystery as to who would have him. Greasy and unattractive you can only imagine there’s some endearing quality to him in his wife’s eyes at least.

The only thing you can offer up is an apology but judging on the way he’s looking at you an apology is not really what he has in mind…

“Perhaps you just simply don’t take this job seriously.” He proposes rising from his chair and you shake your head fiercely in disagreement. You need this job and he knows it.

And as he steps around his desk and comes closer to you, you realize it’s a certain type of scum that preys on the weak and the helpless. Only a man who had reached a new level of filth would, and you quickly realize that your boss is such a man, as he reaches over and pulls your hair back from your neck to whisper in your ear…

His proposition is simple.

Prove how much you need the job. Arrange to stay an hour late tomorrow and you can keep your job. The telltale timecard will disappear and your pay will remain intact for the week.

The price to pay will be high though, and you will pay it on your knees.

Anger is thy name, and your color is red.