Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

I’ll hold you to it.

“And after that we just continued to cuddle and watch the movie,” I smiled at the memory, as I started to add ¾ of a cup of sugar to our cappuccino cheesecake filling mix.

Mara giggled, “awww, that’s so cute.”

Sonny entered the room and snorted, as he stuck his finger in the filling bowl, then in his mouth, “yeah, about as cute as my ass.”

I glared at him and playfully smacked his arm, “if I remember correctly, your ass used to be quite cute. And if you stick your grubby fingers in our cake mix again I’ll cut them off.”

He smirked, and quickly stuck his finger in again before taking off, “I’d like to see that.”

“You’re dead!” I cried as I began to chase him.

We ran through the house until he locked himself in his office. I stood there and called out insults about how big of a baby he was for locking himself in there, to which he responded with calling me a bully and saying he was going to file for a divorce. It was all in good fun though. Mara was smiling and chuckling to herself when I joined her in the kitchen once again.

“I love how childish you two are,” she giggled, “I really do.”

With that we got back to finishing our cheesecake. And by the time we finished assembling it and put it in the fridge to set, some of Mara’s friends had arrived to pick her up. When Sonny came out from cowering in his office to say good-bye, he noticed that some of Mara’s friends were boys. And made a point of yelling to her to use protection if she decided to become intimate with any of them, as he didn’t want to be a great grandfather yet.

Mara had a look of horror on her face as she got into the car, and Sonny received a hard smack on the bum from me for embarrassing her.

“Getting frisky, huh?” he chuckled as he closed the door and followed me into the kitchen.

“Oh yes,” I rolled my eyes, as I went over to the calendar to see if I had anything planned for this week, “I want nothing more then for you to push all these dirty dishes off the counter, and then ravish me here, right now.”

Sonny’s arms found their way around my waste, and his soft warm lips placed a kiss on my neck before he huskily purred in my ear, “that could be arranged.”

“Maybe a little later,” I giggled as I patted his head, the man still gave me butterflies after all these years, “hay, did you realise that Mara’s birthday’s coming up soon?”

He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder, “nope… I’ll just take her to a concert or something.”

“That’d be nice,” I smiled and I closed my eyes and rested my head against Sonny’s, as I started to rack my brain for ideas.

It didn’t take me long to come up with the ultimate gift, “I’ll get her hard cover copies of all of Dravins books, have them leather-bound. And if I can get him to agree, I’ll get Dravin to personally autograph them for her!”

I felt Sonny immediately tense up behind me when I mentioned Dravin. I knew he didn’t like having him brought up, but I didn’t feel bad. He was a grown man, and he needed to get over those silly little insecurities. I still didn’t know why he seemed to dislike every man who I thought was even the slightest bit good looking. But he really needed to realise that I was married to him, and I wasn’t going to be looking for a replacement any time soon.

“I’m sure she’ll like that,” he mumbled as he let go of me and walked away.

I let out a heavy sigh before I made my way into the library. I got out my trusty phonebook and started to flip through the worn yellowed pages for the numbers I needed. I called a couple of friends who bound books, who agreed to take the job. I then called another friend who sold books; she said she could get me a hard cover copy of each in a few days.

I saved Dravin for last. It’d been a long time since I’d called him, I didn’t even know if he still had the same number. Luckily after a few rings that familiar smooth voice sounded through the receiver. We talked for a few minutes, quickly catching up before I told him the reason behind my call. He happily agreed, so long as he could bring his son –who was apparently a fan of mine- along with him. I happily obliged, and we made plans to meet at the old coffee shop.

I found Sonny in our room lying on the bed, “taking a nap old man?”

He opined his eyes and glared at me, “I’m not old, nor am I napping.”

I grinned and crawled on the bed next to him, “if you say so, I just finished up arranging Mara’s present… Dravin and his son are going to meet us at a coffee shop we used to go to, and I’d like it if you came with Mara and I.”

He closed his eyes, and sighed. I just watched his handsome face as he thought about it. I didn’t know how I ended up with such a good-looking man, but I wasn’t complaining. Sonny had aged very gracefully. Sure he had a few wrinkles, but he still had the big blue eyed, blonde, boyish charm about him. He would forever be the pretty boy, as much as he disliked that title.

He opened his eyes again, and looked over at me with his big dark blue eyes, “I’ll come… if it makes you happy.”

I couldn’t stop the wide grin from spreading across my face, before I leaned over and roughly kissed him, “I promise to make it worth your while.”

He let out a throaty growl as he pulled me into another kiss, “I’ll hold you to it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Spider’s Wine, hola, and InTheFlesh for commenting ^-^

I’m trying to get back into the swing of updating more frequently, but I was struck with a pretty bad cold :/