Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

Maybe this was just something I would have to let get worked out on it's own.

"You know, I never even really noticed you had a scar," Mara frowned, "That guy is a dick."

I laughed as we pulled into the driveway, "Thank you, and it never bothered me then and doesn't now. Its a part of my past, and thats all."

We got out and started to grab all the grocery bags, and begun to lug them into the house. I thought it was sweet that Mara seemed offended when I told her about Tommy. I never really got why people seemed to always get so upset about little things like that. It never bothered me. You'd think it was them who's face had been cut. It was nice none the less.

"I'm kinda excited to have supper with Loralie," Mara said as she set her bags down on the kitchen counter, "should we get dressed up, or is what I'm weiring okay?"

"Thats just fine," I smiled as I looked over at her, "you wanna go check the phone for me?"

She nodded and went into the living room, as I started to put everything away. I figured Judy must have called by now looking for Mara. She may have been a hateful bitch, but it would have made her look really bad if she haddnt called. And she needed to keep up her good image with Ani. No matter how much anyone told him how she really was, Ani just seemed to love her more. And if he was happy, who was I to ruin that for him.

"No one called," She called, as she came back into the kitchen, and sat on one of the bar stools.

I felt a twitch of anger run through me. Where did Judy get off? I took a deep breath, as I shoved a box of Rice Krispies into the cupboard. That was just fine, we would be the bigger people and reach out to her first.

I turned to look at Mara and leaded against the counter, "Maybe you should try giving Judy a call?"

A sour look came over her beautiful face, and I knew I had said the wrong thing in her eyes. I could understand where she was comming from. I wouldnt want to call Judy at any time, but particularly not if we were having a disagreement.

"Why would I want to call her?" Mara took almost a snotty tone with me.

"To be the bigger person?" I offered, "But if you're not ready for that, then dont... why dont you try calling that boy?"

Her face softined and turned thoughtful, "I was thinking about texting Chris."

"Oh no," I shook my head, "no texting, you need to call him. If you cant see him, at least you'll be able to hear eachothers tone of voice. Thats a really important thing, Mara. To make sure he knows how you really feel, he'll need to actually hear you say it. As much as I love the written word, texting is not the way to go in this situation."

She nodded her head in understanding, as she pulled her phone out of her pocket, "Okay, I'll call."

With that she left the room to make the call. I felt a little bit proud of myself. At least I had won one battle. It may have been the easier one to win, but that didnt make a difference.

I continued to put everything away, and thought about how to try and get Mara to call home. Maybe Sonny could convince her to do it? But then again, he probabily wouldnt want Mara to make peace with Judy. It was his mission to eventually get rid of her. He figured she was just after his money when he died. Anakin was our only child, so everything we had was going to go to him. As crazy as Sonny was, he did have a point.

Maybe this was just something I would have to let get worked out on it's own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who has read this story so far. I know I havent really been doing much with it, but I'm going to do my very best to finish it.

Comments are always nice.