Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

I was going to get lost in my story.

Mara managed to work things out with her boyfriend. And seemed much happier for it. She told me I was right about actually calling him. It had made it easier for them to talk.

Supper that night went very well. Loralie and I had cought up on eachother, and Mara had a good time getting to know Loralie. It was a lovely dinner, it was nice to know that she had learned how to actually cook. I remembered some disasters Lor had had in the kitchen.

I was sitting in the drivers seat of my car, watching Mara grab her things for school, "remember to call if you need me to pick you up. But I really think you should try to go home, hun."

She frowned and nodded, "I'll try. Love you gram."

"Love you too. Have a good day," I gave her a quick hug before she shut the door.

I looked around me and pulled out of the parking spot, letting out a sigh as I did so. I was going to try and get a hold of Anakin as soon as I got home. As much as I loved Mara and didnt mind of she continued to stay with Sonny and I. She needed to go home. There really was no reason she shouldnt feel welcomed in her own home, because she wanted to visit her grandmother.

Judy should be happy that Mara was such a grate kid. She didnt go out and party, do anything dangerious. She didnt seem to be into any drugs or out there sleeping with anything with a penis. I was proud of her, really. If only Ani had been so well behaved.

Once I got home, I went straight to the phone, and dialed my sons number. It rang a few times before he actually answered.

"Hay mum," he sounded a little confused when he answered.

"Hi, have you been taking to Judy?" I got right to the point of the call.

"Um, yeah... she sent me a few texts," he sounded very confused now, "why?"

"Has she told you anything about Mara?"

Panic slightly slipped into his tone now, "No. Why, is something wrong?"

I sighed, "yes actually. You're wife kicked her out of the house, because she was having some problems and wanted to talk to me."

"You're kidding?" he sounded like he didnt believe me, "I cant see that happening, mum."

"Why would I make up something like that?" I was a little offended.

"Why would Judy kick mara out of the house for wanting to see her grandmother? I know you've never really gotten along with Judy, but this is a little much."

"Anakin John Price," I wasnt going to be spoken to like that, "you listen to me. This has nothing to do with how I feel about that woman. Your daughter showed up on our doorstep a couple days ago, a complete mess. And she told us that your wife told her that if she left to come see me, that she wouldnt be welcome back home. I cant even believe that you would acuse me of making up something like that. You need to grow the fuck up, and realise that not everything is as perfect between those two as you seem to think."

There was silence on the other end, he knew he had pissed me off, "Okay, I'm sorry mum. I'm on my way home here soon... I'll try to fix things when I get back. Okay?"

"Okay, I love you. Have a safe trip home."

"Love you too." and with that we both hung up.

I let out a frustrated sigh, and ran my fingers through my hair. Sometime that boy still drove me crazy. Why he would think that I would make something up like that to try and get him mad at Judy, was beyond me. He'll just have to find out the hard way.

I made my way in to the kitchen. I needed a coffee. A good strong coffee, something to help me relax. I was too old for this shit.

I took my coffee up to my office, and started to flip through my notes. This was what I needed. No more thinking about real life, I was going to get lost in my story. No more thinking about Judy, Mara, Sonny, or Anikin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?