Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

I kinda miss that apartment

Mara had called me after school to pick her up. But I just called Ani, and he went to get her. Anakin called me later on and told me he had sorted everything out. So Mara was back home, which meant Sonny and I could go back to our normal routine.

It was saturday, and I was just reading a book waiting for Mara to come over. Sonny was up in his office, working on some paper work. It was just a quiet rainy morning. I had to have the light on to read, it was so grey outside. I quite enjoyed it. Getting to cuddle up with a hot cup of tea, read a new book, snuggling up in a thick blanket. There was nothing better on days like these.

"Hay, gram," Maras cheerful voice filled the room.

I jumped, droped my book, and almost spilled my tea all over myself. I was so cought up in my book that I didnt even hear her come in. Mara was almost in tears lauging at me. And after I took a second to take everything all in, I was laughing along with her.

"How are you, sweety?" I asked, once we both clamed down.

She walked over and took a seat in the chair next to mine, "okay, thanks for talking to dad."

I smiled at her, "no problem, its my job."

"Judys been kinda snotty towards me," she sighed, "more then usual I mean. But she's been avoiding me. I'm kinda lovin it."

It was a little sad, but I was still happy. I really did wish they could get along, and I did wish that Judy wasnt such a bitch. But if this was as good as it was going to get, then we were going to have to make the best of it.

"So, I see you've brought your bookbag," I noded my head towards the purple bag.

"Oh, yeah," She looked down at it, sounding as if she had completely forgot about it, "I have to paint something for an English project, and dad said that you could probabily help me... because I'm just stuck."

"So you wanna paint?"

"If thats okay with you, yes."

I shrugged, other then wirting painting was my favouret thing to do, "I'm up for it... what exactly has to be done?"

Mara picked up her book bag, and took out a large green binder. She found the paper she needed, and took out a book. She handed me the book, The Picture Of Dorian Gray. And read out the project. She had finished all the other things she had to do, other then this one thing. All she had to do was create a piece of art that depicted three characters, and give discriptions of them. It didnt sound too hard.

"Okay... so do you know what you'd like to do?" I asked as I flipped through the book. She had pages marked off with sticky notes, there were discriptions of characters on all of them.

"Not really," She shrugged, "I know I want to paint... what would you do?"

I thought about it for a second, "I would probabily paint portraits of them... I have some canvas' you can use. And some nice frames that look like they're from the time period of the book. I'm gonna hook you up."

I set down my book, folded my blanket, and got up. I grabbed my tea, and started to make my way into the sun room I turned into my art studio. My second favourite room. Mara grabbed her book and bookbag, and followed me.

Mara set her things down beside my big old eisel, and waiched as I dug through my closet. I finally managed to find three decently sized canvases, and brought them over to her.

I went over to my desk and grabbed a pencil, eracer, and sharpiner, "So, do you know what you'd like to paint with?"

I handed her the pencil, "ah, paint?"

I smiled, "Oil, water colour, acrylic?"

"Whatever you think is best," she shrugged, as she started to look through her book.

I went back to the closet and began digging out all the things I figured she'd need. Paint, brushes, a pallet, some water to wash off the brushes. I wasnt really sure what I was going to do while she painted. Maybe work on my book a little more?

"You know," I began, "this kind reminds me of when Dravin and I moved in together."

"Really?" Mara looked up at me.

"Yeah, he would always sit with me when I was painting and he was home," I shrugged, "I kinda miss that apartment. It was in Hollywood... I was finished with colledge, and had managed to afford my own little studio space..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?