Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

You leave Sir. Hamilton the fourth out of this.

The week seemed to pass quickly. I had started my fall cleaning. I hated housework as much as the next person, so I always tried to have it finished within a week. It was hard when Sonny and I first got the house. But over the years I learned how to compress all the work into a few days worth of straight cleaning. Of course it helped that Sonny was off working and not trying to get in my pants like when we first moved in.

Today was dusting day. It was definitely the easiest of the days, and if I did it fast enough I could get some of tomorrows work done as well. I was starting in the library. I set my extra rags down on the coffee table and set to work.

It wasn’t long after I started that I heard the door open.

“Hay Gram, Grammpy said you’d be in here,” Mara cheerfully said as she approached me.

I was a little startled that it was her, I’d been expecting Sonny to try and sneak up on me. Which he tried to do often, but always failed. I was presently surprised that she had actually come over. Sonny and I had actually placed bets on if she would or not. And now it seemed I owed Sonny a day of doing whatever he wanted… which could prove disastrous for me.

“Hay,” I greeted her happily, “I wasn’t expecting you to actually come.”

“But we’re certainly glad you did,” Sonny said as he popped into the room, he gave me his ‘I won’ smirk, “though I cant imagine why you’d want to hang out with two old farts like us.”

I sent him a playful glare as I placed my hands on my hips, “first off, she’s here to chill with me. And secondly, we are not old farts, you are.”

“Oh, is that so?”

“It is,” I nodded.

“Well you’re only two years younger then me.”

“So, I’m still younger.”

“Yeah, well… your mum.”

“Your uncle.”

“Your aunt.”

“Your grandmothers extra toe.”

“Your grandfathers hairy ass.”

“Your mothers aunts sisters cousins mistresses Chihuahua’s breeders fathers second cousin twice removed German Sheppard.”

“You leave Sir. Hamilton the fourth out of this.”

“What are you gonna do about it?”

He sighed as he gave me a quick kiss, “Go to work?”

“Does this mean I win?” I asked with fake shock, I usually always won.

He playfully glared at me, “this time. Any way, you ladies have fun cleaning.”

“Bye, have a nice day at work,” I called after him

“Love you!” he yelled from down the hall.

“Love you too!” I cried before I turned to look at Mara. She looked completely stunned, “what?”

She burst out laughing. I gave her a confused glance before I started dusting again. I didn’t see what was so funny, Sonny and I got in stupid arguments all the time. Then it dawned on me that her stepmother was a bit of a stuck up prissy bitch, and wouldn’t appreciate humorous banter.

“Well,” Mara began, as she wiped the tears from her eyes caused by laughing so hard, “that was probably the best thing I’ve ever seen.”

“I take it your father and Judy don’t do things like that often?”

“No, never,” Mara said, sounding almost sad, “so, are you going to continue your story?”

“Sure thing… where did we leave off?”

“You’d become good friends with John-o and Liam,” she smiled.

“Right… you want me to cut right to the chase I presume,” I said thoughtfully, “so, I remember I had just finished a painting. It was of Batman and Robin, I remember. Anyway John-o showed up at my house and pretty much told me that we were going to a concert and that I didn’t have a choice in the matter…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again a big thanks goes to Spider Blossom for commenting. And of course I need to think you for commenting, the very least I can do is thank you for wasting your time reading my crap ^-^