Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

Vegas

College… it was big, and scary. I couldn’t believe I’d gotten accepted. But I did. And I was now sitting in the room my first class was going to take place in. I arrived early because I figured I would have gotten lost. But as luck would have it, I found it right away. I guess I was better at reading instructions then I thought.

I was passing the time and calming my nerves by drawing. I was really freaking out about this whole college thing. My dad had told me that it was nothing to worry about, and that I would be fine. But this was my first time out on my own, and I was scared without my dad or Liam and John-o. They had been my best, and pretty much only, friends for the last three years. It was hard being without any of them.

It wasn’t until other people started to slowly make their way into the creative writing classroom, that I felt silly for being the first one here. That was a great way to make an impression. Everyone was going to think I was some overzealous goody two shoes loser. Liam told me to make sure to always be almost late to my classes, and to try and pull off that badass act so I could make the right friends. I had no intention of doing that, but it would probably have been better then being fifteen minutes early.

My attention was brought to my right, when the chair beside me scraped against the floor. A tall very attractive man took a seat beside me. He was tall and slim. He had dark brown hair, and he had the darkest brown eyes I’d ever seen before. He was a fine specimen of a man, if I did say so myself.

He grinned over at me, “You’re in my seat.”

“Oh,” I could feel the blush set in on my cheeks, as I started to grab my stuff, “sorry.”

This was just wonderful. First I’m early, and now I’ve stolen some handsome guys seat! Things just weren’t going my way today.

Just as I was about to get up and leave the handsome guy started laughing, “I was only joking love. Please stay, I’m Dravin by the way.”

I smiled and looked down at my lap shyly, “I’m Rainn.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Rainn, would it be safe to assume that you’re new to college life?”

I nodded and looked up at him, “it’s that obvious, huh?”

“Just a bit,” he grinned, “can I take a look at your art book?”

“Oh!” I was a little surprised, but I pulled it out of my bag and handed it to him, “sure thing.”

He silently flipped through the book for a few minutes. Commenting on this and that as he went through. He seemed to genuinely like my work. I just watched him as he flipped through the pages; he himself was like a piece of art. His only flaw was a little scar on his left cheek, which actually made him look a little sexier –if at all possible- when he smirked. And just that much cuter when he smiled, as it looked like a big dimple.

“Have anymore classes today?” he asked as he handed me my sketchbook.

“Yeah, a book illustration class,” I shrugged, “I’m not all that sure where it is though.”

“I believe I know,” he grinned making my heart race, “would you like me to show you?”

“I’d really appreciate it.”

He silently nodded as the professor entered the room and started her lecture. I only caught bits and pieces of what the professor was sating, as Dravin kept making jokes and talking to me quietly threw the entire thing. I didn’t really mind though, it made the time pass quicker.

Dravin walked me to the building where my next class was, and bid me good day as he went to join some friends for lunch.

Threw the entire class all I could think about was Dravin. I was completely smitten. I thought about everything from how good he smelled, to how good he would look naked. I happily made my way out of the classroom when class was over. I needed a coffee, and bad.

I made my way to the little coffee shop I’d found the day before, when I was exploring the new little town I was living in. the place was very nice, and had a friendly atmosphere. Which was probably due to the fact they hippies were running it.

The sound of Little Lies entered my ears as I opened the door. The smell of coffee and patchouli aroused my senses. I was definitely going to be spending a lot of time here. There was no doubt in my mind.

I ordered my drink and made my way to the back of the little coffee shop. I took a seat in the furthest corner booth. I could observe people from here and not get noticed. I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing the other people who were enjoying their coffees and muffins.

“Well Mrs Rainn, it seems that you’ve stolen my seat once again,” Dravin said as he suddenly appeared next to me, “this time I’m not kidding, but I’ll let it slide… this time.”

I was a little startled, but pleasantly surprised to see him again. I couldn’t help but chuckle, “sorry.”

He smiled and chuckled as two other men joined us, and sat on the other side of the booth. One had shoulder length sandy blonde hair, with sparkling green eyes. And the other had messy light brown hair, and light brown eyes. They both smiled at me and said hi.

“These are my friends Enzo and Max,” Dravin pointed to them as he introduced us, “and this is the girl I was telling you two about.”

“Oh,” the blonde, who I now knew as Enzo, smirked, “the one who smells nice?”

“And is adorable when she laughs?” Max snickered.

“One in the same,” Dravin shrugged, looking very nonchalant as he took a sip of his coffee.

I couldn’t help the blush that started to appear on my face. Had he really said that about me? And why was he being so calm about his friends saying that out loud? Liam and John-o would have killed each other, had one of them done that.

“So,” Max began, “what’s a pretty girl like you doing all alone in a coffee shop on a nice day like this?”

I shrugged, “I don’t really know anyone around here except Dravin… and we just met a few hours ago.”

“Well that makes sense then,” Enzo smiled, “so where did you move from?”

“Nevada.”

“Vegas,” Max nodded approvingly, “I’ve always wanted to go.”

“Why haven’t you?” I asked as I took a sip of my coffee.

He laughed, “my parents threw a fit when I said I was moving to the next town to go to college. Could you imagine what they would have done if I’d gone to Vegas.”

“You’re mum would have a heart attack,” Dravin chuckled.

“Or she’d looses it and start mass murdering everyone,” Enzo said thoughtfully.

“I can just see her now,” Dravin too looked thoughtful.

Max and I exchanged a glance. I could tell he wasn’t quite sure what to make of these two either. Max decided to just let it go and started to asked me questions about Vegas, and everything. The four of us seemed to hit it off pretty well. And by the time we left the coffee shop, I could happily say I’d made three new friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to SoyUnPerderdor and Spider Blossom for commenting! I’m glad you seem to like Rainn ^-^ and to be honest with you, I enjoy writing this story because I’m not sure where it’s going either X) so we’re all in for a surprise ^-^

And thanks to my 4 subscribers!