Status: Complete.

Does It Take Your Breath Away?

1/1

Everyone was celebrating, taking photographs on their phones and rehearsing for the very last take of final chorus.

Billie was sat on a chair, going through some final notes with a couple of the cast. He finished speaking and they flashed him a thumbs up and went over to the others. His wife stauntered over to stand in front of him, unnoticed, and they were separated only by a high table.

Adrienne jumped up on her tiptoes, using her elbows to hold herself up so that she could catch his attention.

"Hey, you." Billie smiled up at her.

She beamed at him, placing her hands on either side of his face and pulling him into a kiss. She knocked the peak of his Foxboro Hot Tubs cap up as she pressed her lips against the ones that belonged to her husband.

It was only a brief moment of contact, but that was all he needed.

Adrienne knew how stressed Billie got during any kind of recording - even when it was as fun as these few days had been. The brief kiss from the woman he loved - and had loved for the majority of his almost thirty-eight years on the planet - settled his mind.

"Good work, Mr Armstrong."

"I couldn't do it without you." He reminded her with that crooked smile she adored.

The others in the room watched out of the corners of their eyes, granting the couple their moment of privacy but also finding hope in the fact that these two people had been through so much and their relationship had held fast.

"I know." Adrienne murmured. A small, totally content smile graced her face and Billie grinned.

There were few constant things in his life - his music, his two best friends, his two beautiful boys and, number one on every level, his wife.

And she'd never let him forget it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday, you old man x