Status: Activio

Another Day in the Week

Off to Work We Go

"So, what time is the concert?" Gabe asked.

Gabe is like my childhood big brother. Under a thin layer of a sweet angelic human there is a raging demon that made it its job to watch over me and harass me at the same time. Like how my first boyfriend got a broken nose after a stupid comment on gays. Later, I was jabbed and lessoned on choosing the right guy. He's like my grandmother, only in guy form.

"8pm at Los Angles Center stadium on the 31st." I told him.

I looked up at Kayla and wiggled my eyebrows.
"Maybe we'll find some well-seasoned meat."

Kayla flashed me a devious smile back.

"Yess! Hey, before we go to work can you come with me to buy another phone?"
"Yeah me too!" Soap piped up. "I broke mine. Again."

We all looked at her, urging her to explain this time.

"Well.... I got drunk again and me and my friends thought it would be cool to play cross country with our phones... on ice..." she drifted off, noticing all our looks of astonishment.

"And then mine kinda... fell... into a drain." She quickly looked down.

"Well, I need a new one to shove all my ex’s into. It’s getting annoying to text someone and having interrupted by a call from someone asking to be friends again." She nodded and walked into the kitchen.

Kayla. Kayla. The one and only sentence to describe her is, "a hot headed lovable bitch".
Yep. That pretty much sums things up.

We met in Hot Mess, the club we work in, in my second part time job.

We were both waitress at the time when I stepped on her tail (Valentines Day. Long and embarrassing story), causing her to fall flat on her face, drinks everywhere[u/]. I earned a loud yelling and an uncalled for bitch slap. So she got one back. Eventually we were rolling on the floor trying to kill each other, making a mess everywhere. Apparently we did get tipped beautifully for the "two hot chicks in a cat fight". And apparently we didn’t get fired either, but we did get cleanup duty together, where we later made up talking about all the assholes there that night.

Soap shook her head at us and Gabe looked ready to launch into his verbal attack mode.

"Not all guys-" he started.

"Yeah, we know. ‘Not all guys are backstabbing sonofabitches, they can have hearts too, feel break up pain and don’t go and search for replacements the first night their girlfriends aren’t there. We should stop abusing them and their wallets. We know. Soap, stop giving me that look, you looked constipated."

I grinned. That always gets her.

Gabe huffed.

"Traitor" he said as she broke out laughing, "One day you’ll break a really nice guy and come back to me for help. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but it will happen.”

I was about to retort how that only happened when hell freezes over when we heard a loud scream from the kitchen.

Me, Gabe, and Soap rushed to the other room to find Kayla standing on a chair, broom in hand and usually dark complexion white.

"Sp-sp-spider" she squeaked. Ha. The bulldog fears the mouse.

Everyone moved quickly.

Soap went to take cover on top another chair, Gabe to laugh hysterically on the floor, and me to scoop the demonic daddy long legs in my hands.

"Crisis over. Gabe, get up before you piss yourself."

Now Gabe was turning an interesting shade of red/blue, laughing silently. It was quite creepy.

"Okay, okay." Gabe was still laughing loudly as he got up.

Soap and Kayla threw dirty looks at him as they regained their dignity. If only looks could kill....

I moved outside on the second floor terrace and set my new friend free.

I watched him as he moved out on the railing, about to leap off the side to make his new web when a bird snatched him up and flew off.

I blinked a few times, not quite understanding what just took place. And life goes on.

Sigh. Bad omen.

"Shit! Thursday! We're gonna be late! We have an hour left." Kayla screeched from her room of much make-up. I looked at the clock. 6pm.

"What do you mean we're gonna be late? We have an hour!" I yelled back. Our shift starts 7. Mostly because Sam Winchester, our manager, says so.

"But I have to get ready!"

"S'okay. Sam said we could be ten minutes late."

"Oh hell no. Do you think ten minutes can bring my face to holy perfection? No!"

A half hour later full of a complicated hair tie and getting dressed and I was in the bathroom applying my lipstuffs, talking to Soap who was sitting on our toilet.

"Kayla, I'm finished! I'll head out early to set up tables, okay?" I called, grabbing my black pumas from my room.

"Whatever! Tell Sam I'll be a half hour late!" She called back.

“It’s too late baby there’s no turnin’ around. I got my hands in my pocket and my head in the clouds-“

I read the text message from Sam. {Hey. The new manager is staying for a month to meet you guys, then ill be out and retiring with Dean. Look sharp, don’t do anything stupid.}

New manager who’s not Sam?

I sighed as I thought of all the stupid things he and his brother could do and ran to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep 3rd chapter. Still writing...Im not posting them as soon as I finish, so Im making you guys wait XD

Remember, comment and subscribe my uglies.

Dont forget to give some of my other stories love too, theyre dyiinngg!