Status: Finished. :]

Tell Me What You're After

01/01

It was my first day on the job. My friend, Lizz, had managed to land a job at Rocketown in Nashville, and since I was new to town, Lizz put in a good word for me. She led me around the building, telling me what went where and how to get on our boss’s good side. She led me down the stairs and started singing “Stories” by There for Tomorrow, one of the bands that was playing tonight.

“I take it you’re a fan?” Chris, the drummer, asked.

Lizz stopped singing. “Yeah! You guys are incredible! This is totally unprofessional of me, but can I get some pictures and an autograph?”

Maika, the singer came up. “Were you the one singing?”

“She’s just showing off,” I answered. “She thinks you’re cute.”

Lizz blushed. “That’s beside the point, Kylie!” She tossed her camera at me. “Pictures!” Chris and Maika laughed and got on either side of her, smiling. They both signed the back of her shirt after Lizz had gotten at least ten pictures.

“Do you want pictures, too?” Chris asked politely. I blushed and nodded, giving Lizz back her camera and handing her my own, as well. I stood between them and Lizz took as many pictures as she could in thirty seconds. They both signed my shirt.

“I’m gonna hang out with Maika, Kylie. I gave you the full tour if anyone asks.” She winked at me before they walked down the hallway and out a door.

“Your friend… She’s, uh, different…” Chris laughed.

“Understatement,” I grinned, shaking my head. “I don’t even know what she’s doing with a job like this when she can sing like that.”

Chris wrapped his arm around my shoulders and led me down a hallway. “Maybe you should surprise her?” he suggested. “Start a band or something.”

“She’d never go for that! She’s too stubborn. And I’m pretty sure she’s scared of performing in front of crowds…” I smiled. “Like I said, she was only showing off before.”

We stopped and I leaned against the wall. “Maybe I should show off,” Chris mumbled.

“Why?”

“Well, I ran into this pretty girl today, and I’m pretty sure I want to see her again after tonight.” I gave him a confused look before I turned and looked down the hallway and back to him. He laughed. “She’s right in front of me.” He smiled sheepishly.

“Me?” I squeaked. He nodded.

“Will you go on a date with me after the show is over, Kylie?” I nodded, not trusting my voice to be steady. He smiled widely before he leaned in and kissed me. I had a feeling tonight would be very pleasant.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Kylie as an early birthday present. =D