Kare Uta

yon.

“Konbanwa, Koga-san, I promise it’s important....oh, I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t mean to take you away from your family time…are you sure? I can always tell you in the…yes, well that’s actually what I was calling about.” Kai’s voice was soft; he sounded like he’d had some tea and had calmed down enough for the phone call to their manager. “Yes, well, um…yes, it’s about recording...I won’t be able to do much of that after the next month or so…no, Koga-san, that means no summer lives…yes, I was disappointed, too, but…I would tell you if you would let me, Koga-san.”

Aoi smiled, and he nearly bypassed the bedroom door when he heard the drummer’s voice soften as though he was sighing tiredly. “You cannot tell the band, Koga-san. And yes, I promise it’s not life-threatening.” Another pause, and Aoi was almost certain that the drummer was blushing. “Aoi and I are going to be having a baby.”

He was quiet again, and except for barely noticeable sniffling, Aoi really couldn’t hear anything. He bit his lip and curled his fingers around the doorknob as quietly as possible, and he rested his weight against the wall right next to the door.

“No, Koga-san, we’re not adopting, I would have spilled my guts to you already if that had been the case.” Another pause. Aoi could almost hear their manager’s frustrated reply. Koga had a way of being impatient, and that was one of the few things Aoi had ever heard Kai rant over. Kai was silent for a second, and he gave a quiet sniffle, his voice tipping into meekness. “I’ve somehow managed to get pregnant, Koga-san.” He sniffled again, and Aoi tightened his grip on the doorknob. “Hai…yes, that….yes, me.”

He sounded dejected, and Aoi could no longer take it. He opened the door, and Kai quickly turned his head to give him a teary smile. He gave a more convincing smile in return, and the smile remained as he heard Kai’s soft sigh in response to his lips touching his neck. “No, Koga-san, that’s only Aoi-chan coming in…yes, I’m sorry…I know the fans have been waiting, I didn’t plan this…God, but it sounds so awful when you put it like that…”

Aoi slid his arms around Kai’s middle, settling himself behind him on the bed, and pressed a kiss to the other side of his neck, skillfully avoiding the phone pressed to his ear. “You have to go,” he whispered, and he felt Kai nod, and he felt Kai’s free hand rest over his. “Say goodbye to Koga-chan, love,” he purred, and he felt Kai shiver against him. “You’ve told him, ne?” The answering hum in Kai’s tired body made him smile, and he let his teeth run over his drummer’s skin.

“Koga-san,” Kai said quietly, and he gave Aoi’s hands a squeeze with the hand holding onto them. “You can plan all you want, just don’t tell the band a damn thing, okay?” Aoi smiled and continued kissing the drummer’s neck, always intrigued by the way Kai could sound so sweet yet he could make himself be taken so seriously that it was unreal. “Of course, Koga-san, I’ll tell him… oyasuminasai.” With a sigh, he shut his phone, and he leaned back against Aoi, placing his other hand over the guitarist’s, letting his head fall back onto his shoulder. “He’s going to be so mad at us, Aoi-chan,” he breathed, and Aoi responded with a soft ‘mmm’ sound.

“I don’t care about him,” Aoi murmured, and he let his kisses wander to the crook of Kai’s neck, his soft spot, and smiled as Kai squirmed a little against him. “He can go to hell if he says a word to you.”

Kai gave a short laugh. “You would send him all the way to hell for me, Aoi-chan?” There was a hint of tired humor in his voice, and the drummer squirmed a little as Aoi’s teeth lightly nipped at his skin. “I must say I’m flattered.” He sighed, and he reached up to lightly rest his hand on the back of Aoi’s neck. He felt warmth beneath his hand, and he smiled as he tipped his head to the side a little, allowing his boyfriend more access. He felt a slight chill; he’d missed being like this. “He says I should hate you and make you sleep on the couch as revenge for getting me pregnant.” His voice sounded too relaxed; there was no way he would act on that, at least not now.

“And what do you have to say?” The guitarist’s full lips were still pressing their way along Kai’s skin, and the drummer was sure that he’d be damned if he could send Aoi out of the room and make him sleep on the couch. There was no way he was going to sleep without his back muscles at ease, and Aoi’s trained hands were the only way relaxation could happen.

Kai sighed, and he gave a small smile. “I promise you won’t be in the doghouse if you give me a good back rub,” he breathed. “I can promise amnesty for at least a weekend.” He felt Aoi’s smile against his neck, and he shifted as the guitarist’s hands slipped from between his and settled onto his hips, giving a gentle squeeze. “In fact, if it’s good enough, I might love you forever.” Aoi’s mouth moved upward, pressing kisses onto his jaw line and to his ear, and Kai let out a sigh.

“Lay down, koibito-chan,” the guitarist whispered, and Kai shivered at the sultry sound in his boyfriend’s voice. He gave a small smirk, nipping at the drummer’s ear, and he slid his hands away as Kai shifted on the bed and slowly laid back. Aoi leaned over him, giving him a long kiss before pulling back to let him turn onto his stomach. “Shut your eyes.” He lightly settled into place onto Kai’s hips, and he slid his hands beneath the drummer’s shirt, sliding it up his chest. “Take a deep breath.” He leaned forward as he slid Kai’s shirt up to his shoulders, and he pressed a kiss to his shoulder blades. “Arms up,” he murmured, and he pulled the shirt from Kai’s arms, dropping it to the floor. “I love you.”

Kai shivered, and Aoi sat back up, his hands sliding along the firm skin of Kai’s back. His thumbs caressed the tight muscles, and he pressed the heels of his hands down just enough to apply the kind of pressure that earned him a light sigh from the drummer. “Aoi-chan,” he murmured.

The guitarist smiled, and he slid his hands back up to Kai’s shoulder blades. “Shh,” he said softly, and he pressed down and kneaded lightly at the taut muscles. “So tense, Kai-chan,” he murmured, and he heard Kai’s soft ‘mmm’ in response. The drummer laid his head on his arms, sighing, and Aoi thought back to the last time he’d given his boyfriend a back massage. He couldn’t remember, and he couldn’t remember the last time Kai had gone through a day without complaining about his back being sore or his body feeling tense. Life in the band had been quite stressful for all five members, and Kai had gotten the brunt of it because he was the leader-san of the band. He’d been planning recording times and lives since he’d joined the band, and Koga-san had let him because the lives had always more than lived up to the standards of the fans.

Aoi wasn’t going to let that stress get to him now. He ran his hands along the drummer’s back until the tension had disappeared, and he leaned forward and kissed along his skin until he was earning soft sighs and quiet moans. Kai was melting beneath him, and he could feel the warmth radiating from the drummer’s skin that his touch had created. He kissed the back of Kai’s neck softly, and he smiled as his drummer breathed out his name.

‘”Feel better?” he said quietly, and when the drummer turned his head to look up at him and smile, he shifted so that he was on his side next to his boyfriend. He reached a hand out to touch his cheek, and Kai’s answering smile was heartbreaking. “You tired?” Kai shook his head, and Aoi made it seem as though he was convinced. “Just more relaxed, ne?” The drummer smiled, and Aoi smiled back. “Good.” He pressed their mouths together, and Kai let out a quiet ‘Mmm’ sound against the guitarist’s plush lips.

“Thank you, Aoi-chan,” he murmured. “So much better now.”

Aoi smiled a little, his lips barely parting, barely spreading over his perfect teeth. “Am I safe for now?” Kai’s eyebrow lifted, and they both gave a soft laugh before letting their lips meet in another soft kiss. This Kai, mellow Kai, was the Kai that he hoped would stick around for a while. “We didn’t buy the couch for me to sleep on, you know.” His smile became slightly hopeful, and Kai laughed, lifting one hand to rest it on the guitarist’s neck as he turned onto his side.

“We’ll see, love. I can’t promise anything.” His voice dropped, and he made their lips connect. ”My hormones could start raging at any moment.” He was wearing a small, deviant grin when he pulled back, and he shivered as Aoi nudged forward to press their lips together. “Too tired to be angry at you,” he said quietly, and it earned him a smile. “I know I just slept, but-“ Aoi’s lips pressed a gentle kiss to his- “but after I have a nap, we can talk.” He accepted another kiss. “Okay?”

Aoi smiled and touched his face. “Hai. Okay.” One last kiss, and then Aoi brushed at the hair hanging in front of his drummer’s eyes before he slipped out of bed. “I’ll have ramen ready for when you wake up.” His voice had dropped into being soft and loving, and Kai grinned at him as he switched off the light. He would, the drummer decided, be an excellent father, and for a short second before his eyes closed, he didn’t think that being pregnant would be all that bad.