Kare Uta

hachi.

Kai gave a smile and bit his lip as Aoi crossed the room, reaching for his hand once he’d settled onto the bed beside him. “Feel this,” he said, and he pulled his shirt up then placed Aoi’s hand on his stomach. Aoi’s eyebrow lifted, and Kai gazed at him as silent moments passed between them. His eyes were bright, and his smile only softened a little when Aoi’s thumb stroked over his skin. “Mmm,” he sighed, and he saw Aoi’s grin before his eyes closed. “Feels good.” He let his hand slip along the guitarist’s arm, stroking from his wrist to his elbow, and he bit his lip as Aoi leaned down and pressed a kiss to his stomach, just below their hands. “Wait,” he breathed, and Aoi’s thumb stilled, and Kai let his eyes open again.

There was a tiny jerking feeling below their hands, and the drummer grinned up at his boyfriend. Aoi blinked, his hand held in place by Kai’s, and let his gaze break from his boyfriend’s to where their hands lay. “She’s…”

Kai grinned proudly, reaching up to cup the guitarist’s cheek, turning his head, stretching up to kiss him. “She knows you, Aoi-chan,” he whispered, and the guitarist actually felt tears in his eyes. He blinked and smiled as the drummer kissed him again, and he looked back down at their hands when they pulled apart. Another tiny jerk beneath his palm, and he felt the first tear drop. “She knows both of us.”

Aoi looked at Kai, amazed, and saw that he was grinning proudly, now settled back against the pillows and resting both hands over Aoi’s own. He felt like a thousand butterflies had been unleashed in his gut, and he could only shift his hand a little on the drummer’s abdomen and brush his thumb over where the tiny kick had taken place. His mouth opened slightly, stayed open for a few moments, and then closed as the guitarist realized he was speechless.

“She’s been there for a few months now, Aoi-chan,” the drummer said, and his body shook slightly as he laughed. “You look as though she’s just appeared out of nowhere.” He laughed softly once more, and he tugged the guitarist down beside him, shifting a little so that he was on his side, letting his hands move from his stomach to the guitarist’s face. The way he moved so fluidly, shifted with such ease, made Aoi think that he was a natural at pregnancy, and that he was the most amazing boyfriend that he could ever have.

The guitarist let himself be drawn in for a kiss, and he felt the drummer’s sigh against his lips as their relaxed position allowed the kiss to last longer. He pulled the drummer closer to him, his hand resting on his hip, and he smiled into the kiss as Kai’s slender fingers brushed his tears away. “Arigato, kareshi-chan,” he murmured, and he released a soft sigh of content as his lips were captured again.

“But I haven’t done anything yet,” the drummer murmured, and he was hopeless to do anything but tangle his fingers into the guitarist’s hair as contact with Aoi made his hormones kick in. He heard Aoi’s slightly surprised moan, but he didn’t hear complaining as their mouths met and Aoi’s hand gave his hip an affectionate squeeze. Their daughter shifted around inside him in response to the shiver that ran through him, and he felt Aoi’s short puff of a laugh against his lips as they pulled apart. “We’re going to have to name her,” he breathed, and he let his free hand squeeze Aoi’s shoulder affectionately as the guitarist leaned in for another kiss, slowly detangling the other from long black hair.

“Why?” the guitarist breathed, and Kai chuckled as he gently placed Aoi’s hand over his stomach.

With a small, teasing grin, he said softly, “Because I can’t keep calling her your daughter when she won’t stop moving around.” He laughed softly, and he felt the hormones continue to tingle contentedly as he pressed forward for another lock of lips. He stroked Aoi’s cheek when he drew back, and the serenity in his smile was heartbreaking as they gazed at each other. “Maybe we should buy a book of names,” he suggested, and Aoi nodded, his palm sliding along what little skin was still bared as his hand found its way back to Kai’s hip.

“Or maybe we can just try different names until we find one she likes.” Aoi let a lazy smile lift his lips, and he turned his head slightly to kiss Kai’s wrist. “Isn’t that what your friend did?” His hooded gaze fell back on Kai, and the drummer nodded, biting his lip as he made himself pretend not to be affected by the guitarist’s cool, dark stare. Another kiss, and he could have sworn that for a fraction of a second, he was ready to ignore the tenderness in his belly and roll onto his back and let Aoi have him. Instead, the guitarist seemed to catch on to his hormonal shift, and he instead made their kiss long and slow, all the while gently rubbing the drummer’s swollen abdomen. “But if you want to buy a book of names,” he murmured, and his lips made their way along Kai’s throat, “then I suppose we can do that.”

“Mmm,” the drummer agreed, smiling at his love, “you spoil me.”

Aoi laughed softly. “Only because I’m afraid of you sending me to the couch, love,” he murmured, and he pressed a kiss to Kai’s chin with a wide smile, earning himself a soft laugh from his drummer, and he drew back as Kai’s hand shifted on his cheek. “Are you alright, love?”

Kai nodded, and Aoi raised an eyebrow at the gleam in his eye but accepted it nonetheless. “I just…I’m still beautiful to you, right, Aoi-chan?”

Aoi slid his hand along the swell of Kai’s stomach, and he smiled. “Yes, love. You’re still positively gorgeous to me.” His thumb passed over Kai’s taut skin, and he leaned forward to press a kiss to his drummer’s neck. “You’re warm.” Another kiss, and he was making his way along the drummer’s throat. “You’re glowing.” His mouth curved against a love bite he’d left the week before, and he allowed himself a moment to admire his work. “You’re enticing.” He kissed just below the bite, delighting in the soft moan it earned him, and he smiled as Kai tilted his head out of his way. “And yes. You’re absolutely fucking beautiful.”

“But I’m growing breasts,” he protested, and his breathy voice barely sounded as though he was being truly inconvenienced. It was true enough, but they were small, and he already knew Aoi didn’t care. “And my stomach is huge, and,” Aoi’s hand passed over the curve covetously, making this particular argument void, “and my ass is fat,” he felt another kiss to his throat, and it was clear that Aoi didn’t care about that, either, “and you still love all of it?”

Aoi smiled against the drummer’s neck, continuing to press kisses along his throat. “Every inch of you,” he said softly, and he only seemed slightly inconvenienced as Kai’s pregnant stomach kept him from pressing closer. “She’s worth it all.”

Kai smiled, and he lifted Aoi’s face from his neck. “Really? You still think she’s worth it? Even if it means I become your pudgy drummer-chan?”

Aoi laughed, and he pressed a loving kiss to the drummer’s lips. “Even if you were the pudgiest of all.” He winked, and Kai smiled at him. He’d won against the hormones again, and he mentally struck up another tally for himself, allowing himself a smug grin as his drummer pulled him close, pressing his body as comfortably as he could against Aoi’s side. The guitarist curved an arm around him, the hand that had been at his hip shifting to brush at his hair, and he dropped a kiss onto the drummer’s head before returning to rubbing his stomach softly for him. “I love you, Kai-chan,” he murmured, and he heard the drummer grunt in response.

Kai shifted beside him, and he knew what that meant. Their daughter had won again, tiring Kai out to the point where he was already practically out at Aoi’s side. She moved around inside the drummer’s stomach, pressing a hand or a foot up against Aoi’s hand as she settled, and then she was quiet. Aoi allowed himself a smile; his daughter had successfully inherited his best trait.

She would grow up to be smug as hell…just like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is love.