Status: Finished. :]

The Distance Between Us

Twelve

Kylie looked nervous about something as I jumped in excitement. I looked out at the crowd—it was one of the biggest crowds we’d played for. “Kylie?” I asked.

“Huh?” she looked up.

“You okay?”

“I don’t feel very well,” she admitted. “I don’t think I’m playing tonight, but I can get someone to cover…”

“Let me guess,” Savana said. “Chris.” She nodded slowly.

“Okay,” I shrugged. “So long as he can play the songs it’s all good.”

“I can play them,” Brooklyn stated. We stared at her. “I can play the drums for tonight and you can play rhythm, Mel.”

“I can live with that too.” I sat down on one of the chairs in the room and quickly went through the songs with myself, remembering the frets and the timing. Kylie had given Brook a pair of drumsticks and she started warming up.

There was a knock on the door and Savana opened it, letting Maika and Chris in. “They wanted us to tell you that you go on in twenty minutes and good luck,” Chris said, grinning at Kylie.

“Have you guys heard the song that Mel wrote today?” Savana asked, clapping her hands together.

“No,” Maika said as he sat next to me. I shifted so he had more room. “Was it good?”

“It’s amazing!” Cadence exclaimed.

“It’s not that good,” I protested.

“Play it for me sometime?” Maika asked me, kissing my cheek.

Savana pouted. “Why is it that when he kisses your cheek and asks in a flirty tone, he gets what he wants from you, but when I do that, you just glare at me and call me a freak?”

Everybody turned and stared at her. “Because, Savana. You are a freak. Although, if you tried that on Dave, I’m pretty sure he’d agree,” I offered with a smirk.

“So you’ll play it for me?” Maika asked with a smile.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. “SEE!” Savana yelled.

“Oh get a boyfriend!” Cadence shouted.

Savana turned and glared. “I would never do such a thing!”

Cadence stuck her tongue out. “Then stop complaining.”

“END OF TOUR PARTY!” Josh screamed as he ran by.

“Wanna go?” Savana asked me.

“Maika’s going, I might as well,” I shrugged. Savana jumped on my back and pointed towards the hotel that everybody was at for the night.

“You think Josh is already drunk?” she asked.

“He’s Josh. He’s always drunk.” I shook my head slowly.

“Come on guys!” Cadence yelled as she pulled her light brown hair into a ponytail then ran for the hotel. Brooklyn ran past us next, pulling Kylie along.

“We’re gonna be there last!” Savana whined, jumping off my back and running towards the building. I shrugged and followed them.

Music blared through the speakers as everybody danced in the hotel room. Savana passed me and handed a red plastic cup filled with amber colored liquid before she went to dance with Dave. I giggled when Maika picked me up and kissed my lips. “Come on, let’s have our own party,” he said loud enough for only me to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of time skips in this one. Epic shit coming up. If you figure it out, don't speak a word of it. ;]

Leave me some lovin'.

XOX
Lizz