Status: Finished. :]

The Distance Between Us

Twenty

I sat in the passenger seat of the van, staring out the front window. “So, Mel,” Savana said. “We barely see you anymore! What the hell is up with that?”

I shrugged. “I’ve been spending a lot of time with The Maine.”

Savana cocked an eyebrow. “We have two weeks of tour left.”

I shrugged again. “I think you’re seeing one of them.”

“Brook and Kennedy are together,” I said. “But that obviously means nothing… Because apparently you all still think I’m a slut.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“No, it’s not that,” Cadence said. “No… wait a minute… yeah, that’s it.”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks a lot.”

“You’re welcome, Mel,” Savana said with a grin. “Kidding! Mel, you know we love you and just don’t want you to get hurt… or knocked up.”

I sighed. “You don’t think very highly of me, I know. You don’t have to rub it in.”

“We think Maika was good for you,” Cadence said. I turned and glared at her.

“Suck my dick!”

“You don’t have one,” she retorted.

“Suck his dick, then, if you love him so damn much!” I turned and glared out the window. I grabbed my ear buds and put them in, blasting music to tune them out.

I looked up at the sign and sighed before I sat on the sidewalk. I stared up at the blue sky. “You look lonely,” Kennedy said. “Something on your mind?”

“Do you think I’m a slut?”

“No! Why?”

I sighed and he sat beside me as I started explaining.

“No, I still don’t think you’re a slut,” he finally said. It had been silent for the past five minutes. “I mean, we all have rough times and everybody deals in different ways.”

“Thanks, Kennedy,” I said with a grin.

“And John wanted you to find him,” he chuckled.

I grinned. “I’ll see you later.” He nodded as I got up and went to find John.

“Melody!” John exclaimed as he walked around the corner.

“Hi,” I grinned.

“I got something for you.”

“Oh shit. I don’t deserve anything, though,” I mumbled with a frown. “Besides, I didn’t get you anything.”

“You don’t have to,” he said as he hugged me. He kept his arm around me and led me to his bus. I sat at the table while he went to get whatever it was. He came back and pulled out a small box. I raised an eyebrow before he opened it.

“John,” I whispered. “It’s so pretty!”

“So you’ll wear it?” I nodded and he took the necklace out of the box then put it around my neck. I admired the heart pendant for a minute before I stood and kissed John.

“I love it,” I grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands were on my hips, pulling me closer. “Thank you.” I pressed my lips to his again. The bus door opened and we jumped apart. “Bye,” I whispered.

I started walking towards the door and mumbled a hi to Jared as I left. “What were you doing?” Savana asked in a smug tone.

“Nothing,” I shrugged.

She poked the necklace. “What’s that? I don’t remember that thing being there.”

I smiled. “It was a present.”

“From who?”

“Why do you feel the need to interrogate me?”

She smiled. “Because I know you’re going out with someone in The Maine… I just don’t know who.”

I rolled my eyes. “John. Happy?”

“I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!” She took in a deep breath. “Wow. Gloating has made me hungry. Victory is mine!”

“What the hell, Savana? Have you been drinking Yoohoo again? You know what that stuff does to you!” She grinned and nodded.

“I figure, tour ends after tomorrow, I can go wild.”

I rolled my eyes. “Last time you ‘went wild’, you got married.”

“Oh snot! I’m gonna go sleep it off!” She ran off towards the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mel
Necklace

I only have two more chapters to post. With any luck, they'll both be up sometime tomorrow. And I just noticed a small gash on my arm. No clue how it got there. Maybe when I gave the cat a bath.... Don't ask.

It's close to two in the morning, and I still have to straighten my hair before bed. Goodnight!!

Leave some love.

XOX
Lizz