Observations And Such

Dear Girl:

Every day it’s the same. You come in and out. Constantly seeking some kind of approval but not knowing your looking in the wrong place for it... I've seen it all… your tears… your fears… the lonely nights. But I am never judging of you. How could I be? That’s not me. No I am cold. Cold and indifferent… But that is the way of the world sometimes isn’t it?

I was there the day you lost your first tooth, the first day of school… your first heartbreak, your first confrontation with death. Oh I’ve seen so many firsts you couldn’t even imagine… But I am unaffected by it all though…They're all the same to me… Human emotions…jealously, love, …hate. They're all the same. Just cleverly disguised is all…

I’ve seen the tears you've cried. I've watched them fall. Thousand upon thousands you’ve shed and for what? Guilt? Fear? Loneliness? Foolish girl…

I've seen the smiles you've smiled. I’ve watched you primp and fluff and admire. Then other times you agonize, and analyze, and shred, tearing apart your reflection. Sometimes you do them all at the same time…

I watched you try and hide… terrified by your demons… You’ve got to be the best all the time don't you? Go ahead and try to hide your flaws, stupid girl… I’ve watched you bottle it all back up inside time and time again. You couldn’t see it but I could… Like a cork on a bottle… there’s only so much before it pops… and pop it did…

I was who you came to when the world came crashing down, time and time again… I was the place where you came and sat and cried. When hope faded and all that was left was the emptiness, I was there…

I've watched you search and pray. I've seen your truths. Your highest highs, your lowest lows… And when the world became too much to bear you came to me. Seeking solace in the walls time and time again…

So it was no surprise to me when you came to me that night… reeking of desperation. You wanted some kinda salvation but there was none to be found… not today… I always knew it would be me who you came to. It would be me who you would collapse upon. I knew one day the lure of the razor would win out… Oh and when the blood dripped from your wrist, when you thought you were oh so smart…you thought you could stop the pain with a flick of the blade. I felt nothing for you…how could I?

I'm just the bathroom floor…