Trash

A Mutual Friend?

We sat down under the tree in a shaded part. Everyone was laughing and talking.
“Hey Lilly, I guess you did come here then” Dan exclaimed before taking a bit from his baguette. I looked up at Lilly then to Dan surprised. I didn’t know they knew each other, I mean he never mentioned her coming to our school.
“So you know her Dan?” questioned Luke glaring at him whilst Lilly sat next to Dan and took out her lunch.
“Yeah, she’s in my band, she’s the singer” Dan smiled. Now I knew he had a band and I knew who was in it, but he never mentioned her. I guess she’s new to the band.
So with that Luke went and sat with her and chatted away. I sat with Molly, John, Connor and Bonnie. John was Molly’s boyfriend, Connor was single, just a close friend and Bonnie was dating Molly’s brother Jim. He didn’t go to our school he was 18.
Everyone was up for the camping trip this weekend; we talked about it all lunch. Connor did his usual flirting with me, and this time I was quite happy, you see Luke hated him so much that I knew he’d sit by me, paying me the attention instead of Lilly. I was wrong though; he was laughing and joking with her. I looked to bonnie. She just sighed, and then put her hand over mine as to assure me it was fine.
The bell went for 4th lesson, science. I quite enjoyed science, the teacher; Mr Claire was a great teacher. He wasn’t strict yet he wasn’t a push over. He added fun to the lesson. He made sure we learnt the syllabus, and then would tell us a funny life story, like how once he dropped a bag of blood at his job as he was a chemist and at the end of the night it looked as though he just murdered someone. Myself, Connor, Molly and Robbie walked to science. We took out our pens and planners then put our bags in the cubby holes.
“Hey Sarah, don’t worry about that Lilly girl, Dan wouldn’t let her do anything. You know what he’s like” Molly assured me. I smiled then sat next to her, grabbed my book and wrote the date and title. We learnt about distance and speed, it was really quite easy. Last we had maths. I usually enjoyed maths. I sat in between Bonnie and Celine in the back, Dan and Callum sat in front of us. But this time Lilly was there. She asked to sit with Celine and me, kicking Bonnie out of her seat. Luckily she was sat next to Dan. During the lesson I overheard Lilly talking about Luke and how ‘cute’ he was. Celine grabbed my arm and mumbled in an angry voice “Don’t let her get to you she’s not worth it”. At that I leaned back and messed about for the rest of the lesson.
The bell went signalling the end of school. We all met outside of the school library and chatted for a while. I looked up towards the stairs and saw Luke walking down. He reached the bottom and jogged towards me. He then turned and went towards Lilly. They talked for a few minutes then he came to me.
“Im gonna go round Dan’s. I might be joining the band” he smirked, and then walked off with Dan, Callum, Lilly and Christian. Molly stared at me as to say she knew what I was thinking. Molly, Celine, Laura, Connor, Tom and I all walked home together leaving the others to go there separate ways. We spent the whole time discussing Luke and his behaviour.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you look back at the first chapter you'll see i changed the names and a few more bits you need to know, like Luke (previously cody) is sarahs boyfriend