Waking the Fallen.

A Living Nightmare Asleep But Still Aware.

MADINAS POV

My name is Madina Bercolli. When I was a little girl I witnessed a terrible tragedy, the death of my mother and father. That lead me to end up in a Psychiatric hospital.
My mother was pregnant with her second child and a full time stay at home parent while my father sits behind his desk at the tax agency. One night gone wrong, we were walking home from the local fair and my mother decided to stop inside the gas station across from our house. A masked man behind the counter jumped over sliding into the slushy machine, grabbed a sharp knife and placed it inside mothers pregnant stomach. Father tried to make it save her but the man also placed the knife in the back of my fathers neck. Both bloody on the gas station floor, i stood over their bodies tears rushing down my face causing their blood to become runny and slide down the floor out of the door.

Moments later when police came, they took my parents bodies and placed them inside a paramedic truck. I had nothing but fear and pain in my eyes, my heart had sunk and I had just realized I had lost my parents, forever. I'm only 9 years old, no next of kin.

"Sweetheart, do you know what the awful person who did this looks like?" Said the officer standing beside me, his breath smelt of old coffee and he reeked of cologne worth two dollars at the reject markets.

"He has one of those mask on, you know, the ones us kids wear in cops and robbers." I said slowly catching my breath during each syllable.

"Where are your parents?" The officer said raising one eye brow, I tried not to breathe out of my nose considering he smelt appalling.

"In the back of that truck, inside those big blue bags." Tears coming out of my eyes instantly.

"Oh dear, honey you may have to come with us." The officer said holding me. He placed me in the back of the police car, I had only seen those cars on late night TV when mother and father have had fight and I would go downstairs into the living room to drown the noise.

We got to the police station. In my mind I thought back to when that man had stabbed my mother. I screamed and started to hit everything in sight. I kicked so hard and could not control myself. Throwing paper all over the room with glass still with a piercing scream.

"Shes insane!" Said a woman from outside the glass.

That's it, that is when I woke up. It was like jail but more secure, glass windows instead of bars. It was like a hospital and a jail, but more secure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that wasn't much for a first but I promise you better.
Next update in the next half an hour or so.